Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Brady
Topic Started: Nov 6 2008, 08:43 AM (2,700 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Marlena is thrilled when Brady shows up on her doorstep this week. John? Not so much! Eric Martsolf discusses his new soap gig and his character's reintroduction to Salem.

SOW: Once again, you're stepping in as a major recast. What are your thoughts on that?

EM: It seems to be my role in soaps. If you want to bring a character back, call Martsolf. Maybe Days knew I had experience doing it before with Ethan on Passions and recognized the similarities. The whole Chloe/Brady relationship is not that far off from Ethan and Theresa's. They were both very much soul mates; fated lovers. I'm very accustomed to portraying that.

SOW: What's the new Brady like?

EM: He's changed man. He's come back to Salem to make amends with everybody - Chloe, Nicole. A lot of people are taken back with the growth he's made. Not only does his face look a heck of a lot different, but he has a different mind set.

SOW: What can you share about Brady's reunion with his father and step-mother?

EM: He's never seen Marlena so excited in her life. She's ecstatic - "My son is home!" The antithesis is John's reaction, which is less than stellar. It's a bittersweet homecoming for Brady. His dad is having abnormal brain patterns and issues with his mentality. It wasn't exactly the father-son reunion that he had hoped for.

SOW: Does Brady fill him in on what he's been up to?

EM: Yes. Brady was in rehab for a while, and he's also been doing manual labor on a farm in Vienna. I guess if you get hooked on drugs, you go take care of cows and everything will be okay (laughs). Brady has been transformed, not only with a re-cast, but also as far as the character is concerned.

SOW: When John leaves, does Marlena tell Brady about his father's seizures and refusal to get help?

EM: Yes. There's no sugar-coating the issue. Marlena doesn't know how she's going to go at this alone. Brady says, "Then let me help you." Brady is pro-therapy. He sees that his father needs help.

SOW: Brady later tells John he's going to be in town for a while. Is John pleased?

EM: John couldn't give a flying rat's butt, which is so hurtful to Brady. He's been gone for years and gone through this incredible process to get back his life and beat this addiction. Here's his dad going, "Who are you? Stick around if you want to, Buddy. I couldn't care less."

SOW: Later, Brady runs into Chloe at the Pub. What happens?

EM: Well, he buys her lunch, which is always a good start. They have this truly grown up conversation. There's a lot of apologizing. There's a lot of understanding about what went wrong and what the future is going to hole. You see a real difference between the two kids that were in love to two adults that are dealing with love that was lost. They go through this very therapeutic conversation to try to heal what's been done. Essentially, Brady wants to apologize. When he married Chloe, he promised he's do everything in the world to make her happy. He feels he failed - primarily, because of the addiction.

SOW: Brady's next stop is the DiMera mansion to see Nicole. What's his agenda with her?

EM: He's upset with the way things ended with them. He doesn't feel it was an honorable departure. Their last conversation when Brady left town was a fall-out fight. It was a nasty way to part ways. He wants to tell Nicole he's sorry. He wants to start over - make amends with her, too. Nicole, having gone through some changes in her own life, is right on that page. It doesn't take them long to remember what they liked about each other.

SOW: So week one back in Salem is all about reconnecting?

EM: It's completely that. Each episode Brady is with a person, making his rounds, saying hello, catching up with that happened while he was gone. The story is setting him up for anything. I don't know what direction they're going to go with him, but there's a lot of potential.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Jonatha! I look forward to Brady's return and what he does next!
Muchas gracias!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see the dynamic between Brady and Nicole.........will there be chemistry???

Thanks for posting, Jonatha!!

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 6 2008, 08:43 AM
The whole Chloe/Brady relationship is not that far off from Ethan and Theresa's.
I couldn't disagree more. IMO, the 2 couples are nothing alike.

brimike

^^^ Right?! When I think Ethan and Theresa, the LAST thing I think of is Brady and Chloe. LOL! And I really hope that's not how they play scenes together. That whole "fated soulmates" dynamic works well on Passions, but Days... at least the Days of the 21st century, it won't play. Especially since Nadia, as much as I like her, isn't Lindsay Hartley, and Chloe's had a larger variety of "soulmates" than Theresa did. Jim Reilly was very clear: THERE. WAS. NOBODY. ELSE. FOR. HER. BUT. ETHAN. Chloe? Not so much.
Edited by brimike, Nov 6 2008, 09:35 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jonatha
EM: Yes. Brady was in rehab for a while, and he's also been doing manual labor on a farm in Vienna. I guess if you get hooked on drugs, you go take care of cows and everything will be okay (laughs).
LMAO :D

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I'm actually looking forward to Brady's return.

Nicole Walker

Can't wait!!

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i cant wait to see eric become brady i have no doubt he will make him his own :)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha

marisol40

THERE. WAS. NOBODY. ELSE. FOR. HER. BUT. ETHAN. Chloe? Not so much.

That's not true, Brady was always written as the guy for her. Once she got over her teenage romance with Philip, it was all about Brady. They were fated and it's only now that Higley feels she has to cheapen the character by speading her around like cheese wiz on a cracker, that we are getting a Chloe that is unrecognizable. Other then Brady, Chloe has never admitted to loving any of the men she has recently gone horizontal with.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Interesting interview. I lived in Vienna for a few months for a fall semester program and it's a gorgeous city, but not one with farms actually in it, as I recall. Maybe things have changed since 1989. :shrug:

I never watched Ethan and Theresa, but I don't quite understand why he's referring to the Chloe/Brady relationship as soulmates in one breath and in the next, pointing out that they're adults who have moved on and things aren't the same as when they were younger. Sounds like he'll be spending a lot of time with Nicole.

I actually like this whole theme of making amends, and I like that he's getting mixed up with the DiMera stuff--will we be getting Brady/John v. EJ/Stefano, with Nicole in the middle? I hope EM's acting doesn't suck too much because he seems quite likeable.

Ellie

Paxton
Nov 6 2008, 12:10 PM
Interesting interview. I lived in Vienna for a few months for a fall semester program and it's a gorgeous city, but not one with farms actually in it, as I recall. Maybe things have changed since 1989. :shrug:
Something tells me Dena Higley's knowledge of foreign countries is about as extensive as Sarah Palin's.

marisol40

Quote:

I never watched Ethan and Theresa, but I don't quite understand why he's referring to the Chloe/Brady relationship as soulmates in one breath and in the next, pointing out that they're adults who have moved on and things aren't the same as when they were younger. Sounds like he'll be spending a lot of time with Nicole.

Sounds like he is going to be spending alot of time with both of them for yet ANOTHER triangle. :frown:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I wonder what the world record is for one character being involved in the most triangles.

marisol40

Whomever it is, they definitely are on Days...lol

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

FINALLY Marlena has an Aly she can go to.

Cupcake06

downwhtone
Nov 6 2008, 09:24 AM
Jonatha
The whole Chloe/Brady relationship is not that far off from Ethan and Theresa's.
I couldn't disagree more. IMO, the 2 couples are nothing alike.
Agreed.

brimike

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Nov 6 2008, 01:33 PM
Brady and Marlena being allies is so weird to me. I hope they keep a little of their tenuous relationship alive, and it's not all "perfect step-mother/son". I really enjoyed the Brady/Marlena dynamic, and all of its layers.

jules

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Nov 6 2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, I'm hoping that Marlena/Brady relationship will be written true to what we saw when Marlena was raising Brady and not the hateful way Brady came back when he was sorased.
Thanks for the article Jonatha. :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply