Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blind Item: Married men sleeping with...
Topic Started: Nov 6 2008, 08:54 PM (6,132 Views)
brimike

Ugh. I'm the one who first used the phrase "common knowledge", and I'm sorry I did.

Poor choice of words. Forget I said anything. None of this is worth the typing. :-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

LOL

CatherineEarnshaw

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 02:18 PM
Ugh. I'm the one who first used the phrase "common knowledge", and I'm sorry I did.

Poor choice of words. Forget I said anything. None of this is worth the typing. :-)
I wouldn't worry about it. LadyoftheLake has regularly speculatd about Deidre. LoftheL has said that Deidre was the diva writing the show, Deidre is a lesbian, Deidre doesn't want to be old, Deide gets people fired. LofthL, have I forgotten anything?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 01:26 PM
]If you read this thread carefully, you will notice I have not contributed to any rumors. I did not comment on any of the men mentioned, nor do I plan to. I don't like contributing to speculations of this sort that can affect someone's personal life. That's just me. I rarely post in the other rumors thread or at the one at TWoP unless it's to question something.

I tend to not speculate about BI's because often, that "common knowledge" turns out to be bull or something I don't care about, or, I feel the shit doesn't need to be stirred. However, I do care about rumors being tossed about as "common knowledge". I would say the same thing if someone said one of the other men mentioned screwing around on his wife was "common knowledge", or if someone taking drugs or being anorexic was "common knowledge". Unless we ARE THERE, we truly don't know the common knowledge. I have no problem with people speculating, at least, the people who admit they are merely speculating or say they've heard a rumor. Rumors spouted as fact are what caused a lot of the hard feelings and ugliness in this election, after all, because people didnt check their facts.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8010575/1/

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 07:22 PM
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 02:18 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. LadyoftheLake has regularly speculatd about Deidre. LoftheL has said that Deidre was the diva writing the show, Deidre is a lesbian, Deidre doesn't want to be old, Deide gets people fired. LofthL, have I forgotten anything?
LOL! Excellent counter!

I thought Lady was the real diva at DOOL. j/k Lady. :P
Edited by Rakesh198, Nov 9 2008, 07:27 PM.

CatherineEarnshaw

Jiggs
Nov 9 2008, 07:23 PM
ladyofthelake
]If you read this thread carefully, you will notice I have not contributed to any rumors. I did not comment on any of the men mentioned, nor do I plan to. I don't like contributing to speculations of this sort that can affect someone's personal life. That's just me. I rarely post in the other rumors thread or at the one at TWoP unless it's to question something.

I tend to not speculate about BI's because often, that "common knowledge" turns out to be bull or something I don't care about, or, I feel the shit doesn't need to be stirred. However, I do care about rumors being tossed about as "common knowledge". I would say the same thing if someone said one of the other men mentioned screwing around on his wife was "common knowledge", or if someone taking drugs or being anorexic was "common knowledge". Unless we ARE THERE, we truly don't know the common knowledge. I have no problem with people speculating, at least, the people who admit they are merely speculating or say they've heard a rumor. Rumors spouted as fact are what caused a lot of the hard feelings and ugliness in this election, after all, because people didnt check their facts.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8010575/1/
very funny. And isn't Staci Greason's story that she left on her own accord? Although both Sheri A and Drake are both on record as saying that Staci was fired, and Sheri said becausee the audience wanted to see John and Marlena.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I thought Stacy Greason left the show because she wanted out of acting. I recall her doing an interview about it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I see now that I'm the topic of "common knowledge". I'm flattered. That must mean I'm important. :D Or, I struck a nerve, one or the other.

brimike, no worries. My comment wasn't particularly aimed at you.

CatherineEarnshaw

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 08:17 PM
I see now that I'm the topic of "common knowledge". I'm flattered. That must mean I'm important. :D Or, I struck a nerve, one or the other.

you interpret as striking a nerve (I am not sure about what, but you psychic abilities know no bounds about Deidre. Maybe it applies to others too) or you are important. I interpret it as your double standard.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake

I believe it's your duplicity that's the topic. LOL @ being flattered by your own hypocrisy and ego. The only nerve you managed to strike with me in this is my funny bone.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please remember one of the few rules here is that you must respect fellow members, and the last few posts in this thread are coming mighty close to breaking that rule......

brimike

ladyofthelake

No problem, LOTL. :) I just don't like to see threads heading in this direction.

So I wanted to apologize if my hands typed faster than my brain could find the right words. Sorry - didn't mean to ruffle feathers.
Edited by brimike, Nov 9 2008, 09:30 PM.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]

Thaao is not married and yes he is a flirt and what is wrong with that? And in response to Kenny's post as far as the Ali Sweeney incident, the way I understand it was Thaao was in character as Tony and doing a scene with Ali in character as Sami and ad libbed something into the scene that he thought would be effective to that particular scene with Tony and Sami. It was not a personal thing, but I guess Ali took it that way.

Edited by marianne557, Nov 9 2008, 10:19 PM.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 12:31 PM

Thaoo is gay.
He is? And you know this for a fact? His name is Thaao BTW.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 12:55 PM
common knowledge in the industry
wow really? You are in the industry? Just curious how you know this?

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 01:35 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 01:28 PM
ladyofthelake
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 01:08 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 01:06 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 9 2008, 12:55 PM
common knowledge in the industry
Really? Common knowledge or common rumor? I usually chuckle at the use of the word "common knowledge". Unless one is in the industry, we on the outside really don't know what "common knowledge" in the industry is. But, if you're in the industry, my profound apologies.
By the way, I've noticed it in several places, and I know it's easy to misspell, but his name is Thaao, not Thaoo. :D Last I heard, Leeann Hunley is his sweetie, and that's coming from fans who communicate with him. Now, if we want to get into the debate of whether she's his beard or not, there's another thread that covers that.
Anyway, pertaining to this rumor, I think it's more important to point out who's MARRIED rather than start other stuff and rumors going. Thaao's not married. He could be gay (if the rumor was true) and still be married, or bi and be married. The thing is........to discredit the rumor, one should mention whether the guy is MARRIED or not.
you don't want to start rumors but you are willing to discuss the rumor about the married man.
That seems like a double standard. And if sweetie is another word for beard, then so be it.

If you read this thread carefully, you will notice I have not contributed to any rumors. I did not comment on any of the men mentioned, nor do I plan to. I don't like contributing to speculations of this sort that can affect someone's personal life. That's just me. I rarely post in the other rumors thread or at the one at TWoP unless it's to question something.

So you are equating being gay to cheating or taking drugs?
Honey, you're not reading what I'm saying. I don't give a flying flip if Thaao is gay, straight, or is a monk. What I care about is rumors being spouted as "common knowledge". Just like I would get pissed off if someone said Suzanne Rogers being on crack is common knowledge, or that Arianne Zucker being anorexic is common knowledge, or that Peter Reckell fights dogs is common knowledge. (And I'm using outlandish examples merely to make my point instead of something that is vague that I DON'T know whether it's true or not).

But, you know, I don't know how many other ways I can make my point. If you want to go the common knowledge way, go ahead. The only thing I know is common knowledge is that Mr. Penglis spells his name Thaao, he's from Australia and is of Greek heritage, he loves to travel, and he's currently said to be Tony on Days of Our Lives (although, if I hadn't watched this week, I would have questioned that, given his sparse airtime).

Now, I'm not going to quibble about this anymore. I've already taken this offtopic more than I should. Thaao is out of the running for speculation on this rumor because HE'S NOT MARRIED. Period.
Well said! Thank You!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ugh, blind items. No offense to you though Rake!
Quote Post Goto Top

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Nov 7 2008, 02:38 PM
LMAO. The real life stuff is the better than a soap. LOL.
:rockon: so very true
and given the show atm
behind the scenes stuff, esp at Days is always so scandalous

as for it being Drake?
HELL NO
he's here, tied up in my bedroom :laugh:

speaking of drakie
i think even he said in an interview Staci left the show coz she didn't want to be on it/act anymore
Edited by MoonShadowed, Nov 10 2008, 07:43 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

AllTheSame
Nov 10 2008, 07:35 PM
Nicole Dimera
and given the show atm

as for it being Drake?
HELL NO

speaking of drakie
i think even he said in an interview Staci left the show coz she didn't want to be on it/act anymore
She wanted more money.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Nov 11 2008, 12:34 AM
AllTheSame
Nov 10 2008, 07:35 PM
Nicole Dimera
and given the show atm

as for it being Drake?
HELL NO

speaking of drakie
She wanted more money.
Thanks Jiggs. That is exactly what happened. She wanted more money, and DAYS didn't want to pay it. At the time, I thought it was a dumb move because the show had lost so many high profile stars during that time. But Izzy's death, allowed the John and Marlena story to begin again. And although
I have certainly grown tired of them now, that doesn't take away from the fact that they were a major part of the ratings comeback DAYS made in the 90's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply