Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbit
Topic Started: Nov 7 2008, 04:58 PM (2,160 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* The role of "Sister Theresa" will be played by Marsha Waterbury. Marshawill first air on Wednesday, November 26. She'll interact with Sami at a convent.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm sorry but seeing the name "Sami" in the same sentence as "convent" scares the hell out of me after the Santeen story :laugh: .

Wonder why Sami is at a convent and how she gets there.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Nov 7 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry but seeing the name "Sami" in the same sentence as "convent" scares the hell out of me after the Santeen story :laugh: .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What's really scary is that it didn't even occur to me. Did I block Santeen out, or WHAT?! :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Nov 7 2008, 05:09 PM
PhoenixRising05

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What's really scary is that it didn't even occur to me. Did I block Santeen out, or WHAT?! :)
Can't blame you if you did.

I didn't mind it as much as others. I actually enjoyed it more at the end but it's something I would rather not reminisce about :laugh: .

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh good gracious! This kind of makes me happy to hear because I thought we were going to have Sami and Rafe in a safe house for the rest of the year...and now knowing Sami is somewhere else is a good thing. How it keeps Rafe in Salem is something to wonder.

A convent though?

HJBJDJ

PhoenixRising05

Colleen was the first thing I thought of too when I read that spoiler. And it is very scary!

Nicole Walker

LMAO. A convent is just the birth control Sami needs.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Nicole Dimera
Nov 7 2008, 10:45 PM
LMAO. A convent is just the birth control Sami needs.
Kind of late for that.

Nicole Walker

^ I don't want another Sami baby popping out next year. Let her azz stay there.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05

Hey, I wanted Sami to go to a convent anyway when I found out Ali was pregnant!

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:30 PM
PhoenixRising05

In a dreamworld she would be sent to the same convent where Marie is located. But we all know how doubtful that is.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It would be nice to have Marie back, but she'd have to be recasted. To have Nick's grandmother back would be awesome.
I honestly thought it would be a cool story to have Sami go to a convent retreat while pondering whether she wanted EJ or Lucas. A good way to give Allison a nice maternity leave and give the viewers a break. They could still show her from time to time. Not that I wanted her to take vows, but I'll bet there are some convents that act as retreats for people. I don't know. I'm not Catholic.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Amello
Nov 8 2008, 06:33 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

In a dreamworld she would be sent to the same convent where Marie is located. But we all know how doubtful that is.
Hey! Marie is Nick's grandmother! Nick is going nuts! She could come out of the convent to help her grandson while Sami feels in for her.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:35 PM
Amello
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

Hey! Marie is Nick's grandmother! Nick is going nuts! She could come out of the convent to help her grandson while Sami feels in for her.
I'd love that. Her or Jessica either one. Instead of overcasting hunky men for stupid triangles, they need to start recasting folks from the past to work with current characters and their issues. And, this would be the perfect opportunity. And, no Dena, I'm NOT playing the opposites game right now!!! Or Chris, or whoever I should be addressing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:38 PM
Tripp
Amello
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

I'd love that. Her or Jessica either one. Instead of overcasting hunky men for stupid triangles, they need to start recasting folks from the past to work with current characters and their issues. And, this would be the perfect opportunity. And, no Dena, I'm NOT playing the opposites game right now!!! Or Chris, or whoever I should be addressing.
Of course, what would probably work better is if Sami would FILL in for Marie at the convent, not FEEL in at the convent. :o

I would recommend that since the show loves stunt casting, it would be a great idea to get a big name signed up to play Jessica for a short period of time. Jessica and Josh were never big enough characters to bring back for the sake of Nick but it does seem ridiculous if his mom doesn't come back to her son. Plus I still think Nick is in the dark about his mom's past. I'd love to see Nick be furious with his mother after the dust settles to find out that he was a candidate through her and she never told him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:42 PM
ladyofthelake
Tripp
Amello
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

Of course, what would probably work better is if Sami would FILL in for Marie at the convent, not FEEL in at the convent. :o

I would recommend that since the show loves stunt casting, it would be a great idea to get a big name signed up to play Jessica for a short period of time. Jessica and Josh were never big enough characters to bring back for the sake of Nick but it does seem ridiculous if his mom doesn't come back to her son. Plus I still think Nick is in the dark about his mom's past. I'd love to see Nick be furious with his mother after the dust settles to find out that he was a candidate through her and she never told him.
OK, so she'd have to be late 40ish.......needs to be a good character actor.....How about Felicity Huffman? I'm sure she needs a break from Desperate Housewives.

brimike

I'd be stunned if Dena even realized Josh and Jessica were previously established characters on the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:46 PM
Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:42 PM
ladyofthelake
Tripp
Amello
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

OK, so she'd have to be late 40ish.......needs to be a good character actor.....How about Felicity Huffman? I'm sure she needs a break from Desperate Housewives.
Hee, we might have a better chance of using a person who isn't on a show currently and who is affiliated with NBC. Or a vet from AW since Days is on a role of bringing those former actors in. What about Jenson Buchanan. What is she up to now? It's too bad Judi Evans has played two characters on the show recently so it would be hilarious to see her come back. I remember the original Paulina on Days and she would be a perfect Jessica (Cali Timmons I think her name was).

Again, I wouldn't expect this to be long term but what kind of mother doesn't rush to her son's side when he's going through something she herself understands better than anyone?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Nov 8 2008, 06:49 PM
I'd be stunned if Dena even realized Josh and Jessica were previously established characters on the show.
Well, we know his mother's past illness is mentioned coming up so she gets points for that.

It would be nice to have either Marie or Jessica back. This show needs more Horton's or people tied to Horton's.

Mason

And one of the few Hortons we do have is now a creepy, psychopathic murderer. Nice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply