Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbit
Topic Started: Nov 7 2008, 04:58 PM (2,228 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Nov 8 2008, 11:00 PM
And one of the few Hortons we do have is now a creepy, psychopathic murderer. Nice.
Well, he is on drugs. He's mentally ill and did what he did to protect Melanie.

It's not like he just snapped for no reason and went on a killing spree. Most will sympathize with him. The character isn't ruined.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

Between the creepy psychopathic murderer and the belligerent, girlfriend-abusing, get-rich-scheming bastard, the Horton great-grandkids are really battin' a thousand these days. I can't wait for Abby to come back as a meth-smoking whore.

:D

ETA: It's a joke, PR. I swear. :D
Edited by brimike, Nov 8 2008, 11:54 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Nov 8 2008, 11:51 PM
Mason
And one of the few Hortons we do have is now a creepy, psychopathic murderer. Nice.

It's not like he just snapped for no reason and went on a killing spree. Most will sympathize with him. The character isn't ruined.
I agree. No matter how bad the execution was revealing he's all of a sudden a drug addict this won't ruin his character. Plus, I have faith in Blake to make me feel for him. And its not like other Horton's haven't done worse.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 8 2008, 11:51 PM
Mason

If he's not, it won't be for a lack of trying on Higley's part.

Kenny
Member Avatar

brimike
Nov 8 2008, 11:53 PM
Between the creepy psychopathic murderer and the belligerent, girlfriend-abusing, get-rich-scheming bastard, the Horton great-grandkids are really battin' a thousand these days. I can't wait for Abby to come back as a meth-smoking whore.

Oooooh, meth addict Abby? Awesome!

They could get Annie Burgstede as the recast.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike

It's ok. Gotcha :laugh: .

Exactly, Amello.

It's not like they completely changed the character without providing a way for him to get out of this.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Nov 8 2008, 11:58 PM
brimike

Oooooh, meth addict Abby? Awesome!

They could get Annie Burgstede as the recast.

Oh God...don't even go there!! :laugh: .

Why not just suggest Charity Rahmer? :laugh:

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 12:00 AM
Why not just suggest Charity Rahmer? :laugh:
WHAT NEEEWS?!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Damnit, Kenny. :angry:

Well, there goes any chance of me sleeping tonight. :laugh:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LOL! I don't know how the other actors could actually keep a straight face during the scenes with Charity.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Well, it was said she held up production due to having trouble with her lines and such so maybe they didn't. Maybe they had to keep shooting until the cast didn't laugh anymore :laugh: .

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Charity had to blow someone to get the job, no one who is sane could think that bitch could act.

I did love me some Heather Lindell, she made Shawn in a cage watchable.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Is there some rule that Hortons can't do wrong but only the Bradys and DiMeras?

Because Bill Horton is a rapist.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:49 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:46 PM
Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:42 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:38 PM
Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 06:35 PM
Amello
Nov 8 2008, 06:33 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 06:30 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 7 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry but seeing the name "Sami" in the same sentence as "convent" scares the hell out of me after the Santeen story :laugh: .

Wonder why Sami is at a convent and how she gets there.
Hey, I wanted Sami to go to a convent anyway when I found out Ali was pregnant!
In a dreamworld she would be sent to the same convent where Marie is located. But we all know how doubtful that is.
Hey! Marie is Nick's grandmother! Nick is going nuts! She could come out of the convent to help her grandson while Sami feels in for her.
I'd love that. Her or Jessica either one. Instead of overcasting hunky men for stupid triangles, they need to start recasting folks from the past to work with current characters and their issues. And, this would be the perfect opportunity. And, no Dena, I'm NOT playing the opposites game right now!!! Or Chris, or whoever I should be addressing.
Of course, what would probably work better is if Sami would FILL in for Marie at the convent, not FEEL in at the convent. :o

I would recommend that since the show loves stunt casting, it would be a great idea to get a big name signed up to play Jessica for a short period of time. Jessica and Josh were never big enough characters to bring back for the sake of Nick but it does seem ridiculous if his mom doesn't come back to her son. Plus I still think Nick is in the dark about his mom's past. I'd love to see Nick be furious with his mother after the dust settles to find out that he was a candidate through her and she never told him.
OK, so she'd have to be late 40ish.......needs to be a good character actor.....How about Felicity Huffman? I'm sure she needs a break from Desperate Housewives.
Hee, we might have a better chance of using a person who isn't on a show currently and who is affiliated with NBC. Or a vet from AW since Days is on a role of bringing those former actors in. What about Jenson Buchanan. What is she up to now? It's too bad Judi Evans has played two characters on the show recently so it would be hilarious to see her come back. I remember the original Paulina on Days and she would be a perfect Jessica (Cali Timmons I think her name was).

Again, I wouldn't expect this to be long term but what kind of mother doesn't rush to her son's side when he's going through something she herself understands better than anyone?
I had trouble thinking of a suitable actress cause I don't watch TV much. Hey, is Anne Hecht the right age? She was all into the Marley/Vicki stuff. She knows how to do split personalities.

brimike

I would kill for an Anne Heche/Blake Berris scene... but ONLY if Richard Culliton writes the breakdown AND the script.

THAT'S a Days episode I'll happily write more than ten words about.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 10:03 AM
I would kill for an Anne Heche/Blake Berris scene... but ONLY if Richard Culliton writes the breakdown AND the script.

Anne Heche is an interesting choice. She hasn't been doing much right now (that I know of) but her name is big enough that it should Days some good publicity. She also owes her success to soaps getting her start at AW.

But we'd never get THAT lucky.

zyona

Tripp
Nov 9 2008, 10:11 AM
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 10:03 AM

Anne Heche is an interesting choice. She hasn't been doing much right now (that I know of) but her name is big enough that it should Days some good publicity. She also owes her success to soaps getting her start at AW.

But we'd never get THAT lucky.
I know you are a Blake Berris Fan, but what do you think about his future on this show? It doesn't make sense of making him the killer, but do you think he can come back after this shitty story line? am just curious

brimike

I really don't see how he can come back (and I'm a huge Blake fan). Sure, they can play an addiction/recovery story, but he's still committed MURDER. This is not like the Willow situation at all. Even if the charges are dropped due to temporary insanity or whatever, I can't see a future with Melanie. Maybe with Chelsea, but at this point, their whole relationship will be based on the fact they're both murdering pariahs. Part of the joy of Nick and Chelsea in the beginning was that Chelsea was so haunted by the Zach storyline, and Nick brought out a levity and a sense of humor and brightness in her that we'd never seen before. (Much like what Jennifer did for the character of Jack) Now, Nick's lost that light as a character himself. And once that's gone, it's kinda hard to get back.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 11:09 AM
I really don't see how he can come back (and I'm a huge Blake fan). Sure, they can play an addiction/recovery story, but he's still committed MURDER. This is not like the Willow situation at all. Even if the charges are dropped due to temporary insanity or whatever, I can't see a future with Melanie. Maybe with Chelsea, but at this point, their whole relationship will be based on the fact they're both murdering pariahs. Part of the joy of Nick and Chelsea in the beginning was that Chelsea was so haunted by the Zach storyline, and Nick brought out a levity and a sense of humor and brightness in her that we'd never seen before. (Much like what Jennifer did for the character of Jack) Now, Nick's lost that light as a character himself. And once that's gone, it's kinda hard to get back.
Even if he committed the murder to protect her? I mean, he's on drugs that are screwing with his mind so the Nick that you speak of is not really there. It's just like John. This isn't the old John so saying "John would never do that" doesn't ring true. Same goes here, at least for me. The real Nick would never do this but the drug-addicted, mentally distorted Nick would. He's not in his right mind and Melanie, Chelsea, and others will realize that so they won't change their opinion of him. It's been said that everyone blames Melanie for this and I see that furthering the Nick/Melanie coupling. He killed Trent for her and I see Nick defending Melanie and siding with her when everyone attacks her for her role in what happened to Nick. That is why I think this story will work and cause very little damage to his character. It will add depth and make the character stronger. I never felt he was a strong character and I don't want to see the Nick we saw in his early days. With all he's been through since he came to Salem, it would make no sense. He can still have his quirky charm but I don't want to see the character be the same way he was. Characters are supposed to develop and change over time through the various circumstances they've gone through. Nick's been through so much already and now with this, it's an opportunity to add alot to the character and that will happen. There is no way it couldn't. This show had people commit much worse acts without the parachute of drugs/mental illness and the characters never suffered and were still well-liked so I don't think it's an issue at all.

zyona

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 11:54 AM
It will add depth and make the character stronger. I never felt he was a strong character and I don't want to see the Nick we saw in his early days. With all he's been through since he came to Salem, it would make no sense. He
I disagree with Nick not being a strong character, don't get me wrong I didn't think him and Chelsea had that much of chemistry, but Blake is a great actor and very underrated. I thought he should have been nominated instead of Darin, but that is me. I can't wait to see what the writers will do with him after everybody finds out that he killed Trent and try to convince Melanie that she did it. I wish she were the one who killed her Daddy. I wish they paired him with Morgan, because I thought they could be great together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply