Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Some Scoopage
Topic Started: Nov 9 2008, 07:37 PM (3,948 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

mbdimera
Nov 9 2008, 08:05 PM
OBK, do you know anything about the doctor being played by John Callahan, or any of the story in regards to his interactions with Nicole?
No I don't, sorry. But judging by the size of her baby bump, I don't think she's going to have a miscarriage. He may be her obstetrician.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:10 PM
mbdimera
Nov 9 2008, 08:05 PM
OBK, do you know anything about the doctor being played by John Callahan, or any of the story in regards to his interactions with Nicole?
No I don't, sorry. But judging by the size of her baby bump, I don't think she's going to have a miscarriage. He may be her obstetrician.
Thanks!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I use to like Melanie, but god get her off my screen...she's not a good character anymore.

anything on Nick OBK?

thanks for the scoop
Edited by Charmqn, Nov 9 2008, 08:15 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 07:48 PM
JANALH
Nov 9 2008, 07:46 PM
OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 07:44 PM
JANALH
Nov 9 2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks OBK!! How is Rafe' going to a convent????
He takes her there.
Ok, I took it as he's at the convent with Sami, and I was just wondering how they would pull that off? He would pretend to be a priest??? Just wondering....aloud......
He's just Rafe. Sami is the one in disguise. I think she is placed in the convent for her own safety.
Thanks, OBK!! :wink:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Forgot to mention that...

-Chloe and Lucas and Brady all get together at the Pub and it seems pretty cordial!

- Melanie is confronted by some older guy over a wad of cash. No idea what that's about.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Nov 9 2008, 08:13 PM
I use to like Melanie, but god get her off my screen...she's not a good character anymore.

anything on Nick OBK?

thanks for the scoop
I think he may still be in jail but I'm not sure. I have nothing on him for these particular scoops.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:29 PM

-Chloe and Lucas and Brady all get together at the Pub and it seems pretty cordial!

- Melanie is confronted by some older guy over a wad of cash. No idea what that's about.

I heard someone from Trent's past would be causing trouble for her. I bet it's Claude or someone who works for him since that thread is still out there.

Thanks OBK for the scoop.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Now I have a question...

WTF is up with all this Melanie? Is she the new "It" girl or something? I'm tired of looking at her.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:36 PM
Now I have a question...

WTF is up with all this Melanie? Is she the new "It" girl or something? I'm tired of looking at her.
I'm with you.......I liked her at first, before she was in EVERY scene!!!!!!!! Her and Nicole are DAYS right now!!!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Must be, OBK. As I've said, I willing to go with it for sweeps since she is involved in the murder story, which is coming to a head. I mean, she wasn't exactly on like this when she started. It's more or less been from late October and on. If her airtime does not decrease after sweeps, it will be a problem, including for me.

Then again, the show probably looks at the ratings and demos and sees no problem since her being on this much is not hurting them at all.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 9 2008, 08:39 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Just get Melanie off my screen..I can handle Nicole. nicole is played by a way better actress, so i can tolerate her. But, god get Melanie off my screen..send her off to a Island or something.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It seems like every time Days comes on, the first person I see is Melanie.

This show can't revolve around two people.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:48 PM

Your right but I don't think it is. at least not yet.

Melanie was only getting normal airtime up until 3 weeks ago. If after the next 2-3 weeks it does not change, then I think it reaches the point where it's a HUGE problem. I think they can get away with Nicole because the audience knows her and you don't get the same sense that she is dominating like you do Melanie.

I just think it's simply the Trent story coming to a head. Once it's over, I think we will go back to seeing her the way we were prior to mid-October.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 9 2008, 08:52 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

OneBadKitty

You know. I still like Melanie and Molly Burnett and was happy to see the show hire her but I so admit that they are RUINING her character by putting her on every day. I never thought in a million years to pair her with anyone older than Nick, much less Philip.

What bugs me is I have a feeling that while Trent's murder was about Melanie, this story's focus should shift to Nick once he's been arrested as well as the fallout with the family on how things could ahve worked out this way. I'm hoping seeing Melanie's name is just meant to show she is still around but not necessarily featured (more supporting). I hope so anyway.

I also don't like reading Max's name either. We've had a tiny break from him but it's too soon to let the story shift to him. I don't care what's in that damn box if it means we get Max on our screen every damn day. I'd rather he just go back to tending bar forever in the background. I'd rather learn more about Pete or Evan then Max.

Edited by Tripp, Nov 9 2008, 08:57 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 08:52 PM
OneBadKitty

Melanie was only getting normal airtime up until 3 weeks ago. If after the next 2-3 weeks it does not change, then I think it reaches the point where it's a HUGE problem. I think they can get away with Nicole because the audience knows her and you don't get the same sense that she is dominating like you do Melanie.

I just think it's simply the Trent story coming to a head. Once it's over, I think we will go back to seeing her the way we were prior to mid-October.
Just based on my scoops alone.... Houston, we have a problem.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:56 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 08:52 PM
OneBadKitty

Just based on my scoops alone.... Houston, we have a problem.
Yeah but those sound like they take place at the end of this month, first week of December.

I don't expect the show to backburner her entirely. I expect her cut down to about 2-3 times a week.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 9 2008, 08:58 PM.

ericfan400

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:29 PM

:wtf: this crazy. This could be the beginning of the Lucas/Brady/Chloe triangle

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:36 PM
Now I have a question...

Sing it, sistah! Just too much for me.

Mason

If they *had* to make Nick a murderer, why couldn't he have killed Melanie instead?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Nov 9 2008, 09:04 PM
If they *had* to make Nick a murderer, why couldn't he have killed Melanie instead?
Naw, because he couldn't be redeemed. She might be a pain in the ass, but they still make her somewhat more sympathetic than Trent. With Trent, it's a lot easier to redeem Nick, no matter what the end motive was for killing the bastard.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply