Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Some Scoopage
Topic Started: Nov 9 2008, 07:37 PM (3,957 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Not only that but Days needs a vixen and the fact that she is a young vixen in training is even better.

They just need to tone down the airtime after this story because, if they don't, she will never reach her full potential and that would be horrible . The show has a character that many like played by an actress who can handle the material and it would be a shame if they ruin it because they gave her too much airtime too fast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

DAYS needed a bitch when Willow was around, too. They didn't keep her around (thank God) and they should ditch Melanie too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Nov 9 2008, 09:14 PM
DAYS needed a bitch when Willow was around, too. They didn't keep her around (thank God) and they should ditch Melanie too.
Actually, I think they should have kept Willow longer. I think she could have worked with good writing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Here's the difference. Molly Burnett can act (at least IMO) and has a connection to someone on the canvas. Willow did not.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 9 2008, 09:18 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 09:18 PM
Here's the difference. Molly Burnett can act (at least IMO) and has a connection to someone on the canvas. Willow did not.
Actually, I disagree. I think Willow had potential. At the very least, they should have kept the Shawn/Willow story a little longer as more of a break from Shawn/Belle. There was potential to show Shawn going a little off the deep end for a while in wake of the whole Claire reveal. I honestly don't think Annie B. was that bad.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 09:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Actually, I disagree. I think Willow had potential. At the very least, they should have kept the Shawn/Willow story a little longer as more of a break from Shawn/Belle. There was potential to show Shawn going a little off the deep end for a while in wake of the whole Claire reveal. I honestly don't think Annie B. was that bad.
Yes but you also enjoy Farah Fath.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ Um, Willow had connections too. Shawn and his family. Then they threw her at the Philip and Victor. And then Nick and Chelsea. They even brought in a brother for her. I think Willow was meant to be a short-term character that was only supposed to last until the end of the Claire custody battle, but TPTB liked her so much that they kept her around, introducing her brother and involving her with other characters. I think at some point, though, Corday wanted to do the DiMera/Brady war story, and needed money to bring back all the players for that so Annie Burgstede had to be cut. Not because she couldn't act.

brimike

Willow suffered from one problem above everything else - poor casting. The actress who played her had her moments, and may have been a wonderful person, but she could be very one-note, especially when it came time for emotional scenes. And she always had a dazed look in her eyes, although I admit she was more alive with Blake than she was with Brandon. And Brandon really REALLY needed someone to elevate him. Had she played the role with more layers, had more chemistry with Beemer, who knows what would have happened. The whole Nick/Chelsea/hairbrush story probably would never have transpired. And she might have ended up a real foil for Belle.

Oh, how I wish Marnie Saitta was working at Days when they were casting that role...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Nov 9 2008, 09:24 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
Yes but you also enjoy Farah Fath.
Uh, huh. So, I guess you're questioning my taste in acting? Damn. I didn't think it was an objective thing.
Or can we just chalk it up to liking different types of actors or their roles? I don't expect my soap actors to be Oscar winners. I thought there was potential in using Willow. I also thought there were a lot more stories to be developed from Shawn and Mimi than there were.
Personally, I think Melanie is grating. Different tastes. Different strokes, and all that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
OMG! Are you serious? I thought I was the only Willow fan.

:wave:

WILLOW FANS UNITE!!!

Mason

I really don't care if Molly Burnett can act circles around Meryl Streep. Melanie's still a horrible character that is completely not needed, IMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Willow suffered from one problem above everything else - poor casting. The actress who played her had her moments, and may have been a wonderful person, but she could be very one-note, especially when it came time for emotional scenes. And she always had a dazed look in her eyes, although I admit she was more alive with Blake than she was with Brandon. And Brandon really REALLY needed someone to elevate him. Had she played the role with more layers, had more chemistry with Beemer, who knows what would have happened. The whole Nick/Chelsea/hairbrush story probably would never have transpired. And she might have ended up a real foil for Belle.

Oh, how I wish Marnie Saitta was working at Days when they were casting that role...
Now Brandon Beemer is someone I didnt care for, unless he was with Nadia or Lauren....he also worked well with Peter, but I just never took to that rendition of Shawn and Belle. It's very possible I didnt like him because viewers weren't given time to get used to Jason Cook being gone before they started Beemer.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 09:27 PM
ladyofthelake
OMG! Are you serious? I thought I was the only Willow fan.

:wave:

WILLOW FANS UNITE!!!
Thank you. I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me, that I flunked a "do you know what you're supposed to like on Days" test or something like that. I've been getting that a lot tonight, LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
I really don't care if Molly Burnett can act circles around Meryl Streep. Melanie's still a horrible character that is completely not needed, IMO.
While I love Melanie, and I don't really mind the overkill of the character, I do agree with you. She's not really a character that's needed on the show at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike

Exactly.

She wasn't horrible but if you wanted to keep her, you had to put her with someone better then her. Blake was, which is why she become a bit more interesting and seemed better. She did have her moments but I just think she was a waste. I'm all for new blood but the character just never came off important enough to matter and then they bring in her brother, who was a horrible actor, and he lasts all of two weeks or so. I just never felt she was someone to invest in.

By connections, Drew, I meant a family connection. I don't want everyone to have that but that is what Melanie has that she doesn't and that alone, at least for me, helps to invest her right off the bat. that and the fact that the actress is good and the characters feels like someone who matters.

brimike

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 09:29 PM
brimike

Now Brandon Beemer is someone I didnt care for, unless he was with Nadia or Lauren....he also worked well with Peter, but I just never took to that rendition of Shawn and Belle. It's very possible I didnt like him because viewers weren't given time to get used to Jason Cook being gone before they started Beemer.
Agreed. Martha's Belle always seemed to come across like she was Shawn's mother, not his love interest. But I do think Brandon was good with Peter and Kristian (and later, with Nadia), and I really REALLY saw something hot with him and Koslow. (I may be the only one) He just needed more time to click with the audience, I agree. And he shouldn't have been thrust into the frontburner so early on. Any head writer knows you don't take an actor the audience has seen for a couple months and suddenly showcase them four-five days a we--

--oh, wait. Maybe they don't know that.

;)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 09:32 PM
Mason
While I love Melanie, and I don't really mind the overkill of the character, I do agree with you. She's not really a character that's needed on the show at all.
You know, I can see the argument as to her not being needed but, then again, Max kind of is not needed either. I feel she is needed more then him because the show needs a vixen and a young one at that. They had one with Cassie but they screwed that up.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
By connections, Drew, I meant a family connection. I don't want everyone to have that but that is what Melanie has that she doesn't and that alone, at least for me, helps to invest her right off the bat. that and the fact that the actress is good and the characters feels like someone who matters.
Melanie has Max. That's it. Not that different than Willow. Willow wasn't related to anyone. So many people scream about the incest on this show and how there's not enough people to pair others with, but when they throw in a new character not related to anyone, but with connections to established cahracters, fans bitch because this newbie is taking up screentime. It's a lose and lose battle.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 09:34 PM
DrewHamilton
Mason
You know, I can see the argument as to her not being needed but, then again, Max kind of is not needed either. I feel she is needed more then him because the show needs a vixen and a young one at that. They had one with Cassie but they screwed that up.

Okay, what's in the water tonight, PR? I'm totally 100% with you on this too. ;) Cassie REALLY could have been something special, vixen-wise. They just never took the time to develop her beyond her cleavage and her attitude. But she absolutely is someone who should have filled that role.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 09:34 PM
PhoenixRising05
Melanie has Max. That's it. Not that different than Willow. Willow wasn't related to anyone. So many people scream about the incest on this show and how there's not enough people to pair others with, but when they throw in a new character not related to anyone, but with connections to established cahracters, fans bitch because this newbie is taking up screentime. It's a lose and lose battle.
I agree 100%. The show is damned if they do and damned if they don't

I just didn't like her and feel the show didn't do enough to make her matter. That's all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply