Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Some Scoopage
Topic Started: Nov 9 2008, 07:37 PM (4,040 Views)
Nicole Walker

So is Nicole like 8 months pregnant or something? LOL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:32 PM
Agreed. Martha's Belle always seemed to come across like she was Shawn's mother, not his love interest. But I do think Brandon was good with Peter and Kristian (and later, with Nadia), and I really REALLY saw something hot with him and Koslow. (I may be the only one) He just needed more time to click with the audience, I agree. And he shouldn't have been thrust into the frontburner so early on. Any head writer knows you don't take an actor the audience has seen for a couple months and suddenly showcase them four-five days a we--

--oh, wait. Maybe they don't know that.

;)
Aw, see now I loved Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer together. When Beemer was brought on as Shawn, and they showed hints that they were going to reunite Shawn and Belle, I hated the idea. But the way Hogan and his team brought Shawn and Belle back together, made them fall in love with each other agian, naturally, I fell in love with the two actors and their chemsitry together. I loved them together and thought they looked great, like an actual couple I can see walking down the street in real life.

I'm a Phelle fan at heart, but Philip and Belle are just too pretty as a couple, to be believable. Shawn and Belle, with Madison and Beemer in the roles, were like just natural.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:36 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 09:34 PM
DrewHamilton
Mason
Nov 9 2008, 09:27 PM
I really don't care if Molly Burnett can act circles around Meryl Streep. Melanie's still a horrible character that is completely not needed, IMO.
While I love Melanie, and I don't really mind the overkill of the character, I do agree with you. She's not really a character that's needed on the show at all.
You know, I can see the argument as to her not being needed but, then again, Max kind of is not needed either. I feel she is needed more then him because the show needs a vixen and a young one at that. They had one with Cassie but they screwed that up.

Okay, what's in the water tonight, PR? I'm totally 100% with you on this too. ;) Cassie REALLY could have been something special, vixen-wise. They just never took the time to develop her beyond her cleavage and her attitude. But she absolutely is someone who should have filled that role.
What makes it more frustrating is that she kind of just dropped off the face of the earth. After her "murder," the character no longer felt the same in her brief appearances afterward. She was way too nice and soft. Then she comes back from the castle and we never see her again. It was so stupid. Then again, they ruined her as soon as they made Rex and Cassie Brady's in what was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen on this show.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks so much, OBK!

I don't think these sound so bad. So glad that Nicole isn't miscarrying yet, can't wait to see Chloe turn down Lucas ;) glad this stupid box thing with Max is wrapping up, looking forward to Phillip and Stephanie, nice to see Steve and Kayla again and very happy that Sami is leaving the WP loft for a different setting...she and Rafe playing "who can blink first" was as interesting as watching paint dry...are you serious? Sami as a nun might have her reveal a few things.

Thanks for sharing the spoils!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 9 2008, 08:10 PM
mbdimera
Nov 9 2008, 08:05 PM
OBK, do you know anything about the doctor being played by John Callahan, or any of the story in regards to his interactions with Nicole?
No I don't, sorry. But judging by the size of her baby bump, I don't think she's going to have a miscarriage. He may be her obstetrician.
:cheer:

Mason
Member Avatar

Speaking of Steve and Kayla, would it kill the show to write them as more than just sounding boards for Stephanie?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Willow suffered from one problem above everything else - poor casting. The actress who played her had her moments, and may have been a wonderful person, but she could be very one-note, especially when it came time for emotional scenes. And she always had a dazed look in her eyes, although I admit she was more alive with Blake than she was with Brandon. And Brandon really REALLY needed someone to elevate him. Had she played the role with more layers, had more chemistry with Beemer, who knows what would have happened. The whole Nick/Chelsea/hairbrush story probably would never have transpired. And she might have ended up a real foil for Belle.

Oh, how I wish Marnie Saitta was working at Days when they were casting that role...
Exactly.

She wasn't horrible but if you wanted to keep her, you had to put her with someone better then her. Blake was, which is why she become a bit more interesting and seemed better. She did have her moments but I just think she was a waste. I'm all for new blood but the character just never came off important enough to matter and then they bring in her brother, who was a horrible actor, and he lasts all of two weeks or so. I just never felt she was someone to invest in.

By connections, Drew, I meant a family connection. I don't want everyone to have that but that is what Melanie has that she doesn't and that alone, at least for me, helps to invest her right off the bat. that and the fact that the actress is good and the characters feels like someone who matters.
But, we can say that about a lot of actors on Days. If you think about it, who has Melanie been surrounded by lately? Except for her scenes with Darin Brooks, she's matched up with some pretty solid guys, mainly JKJ and Blake. So many of her Max scenes were snarky and sassy, and she was at her beginning and it was, well, attractive and fresh. Now, she just seems to be too shrewish. Shriekish. I don't know the word. Maybe it's because she reminds me of Shayna Rose, and I could never take to Shayna Rose. Maybe it's her facial gestures. I dunno. Who can explain why we like who we like?
And Amello, I consider Farah Fath a pretty cute, fair comedic actress, but I will be the first to admit she doesn't do drama well. But she's got this realistic, girl next door different approachable....well, approach to her that's refreshing. And she and Jason Cook really played well against each other, probably because of their friendship. Granted, I couldn't stand her during the whole Mimi abortion storyline. She has had pretty good moments on OLTL, and some moments where I, yes, cringed. AT the very least, she can be considered inconsistent. For some reason, I'm willing to overlook the bad days to get ready to enjoy the good days. Her last scenes with the Brody character this week, for instance, were very low-keyed and touching. She played them well without her usual facial gestures.
Shelley Hennig seems to be getting a fresh start being with JKJ, too, than with Darin.
But, like I said kinda sorta, it's all a matter of taste. I liked Melanie at the beginning. Maybe, like food and wine, too much of a good thing is unhealthy. :D (As I sit here making myself sick on chocolate covered almonds and a nice glass of wine!)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
You know, I can see the argument as to her not being needed but, then again, Max kind of is not needed either. I feel she is needed more then him because the show needs a vixen and a young one at that. They had one with Cassie but they screwed that up.

Melanie over Max? HAHAHHAHA! That's funny.

I disagree 100%. Max has a place on this show. He has history on this show. Real history. Max has a lot of potential if they would just stick with a direction for him and go with it and stay true to it.

Melanie on the other hand, no. She's not needed. Chelsea's the perfect vixen part. Yes, she's matured, but she's still a bitch and they've toned her down too much if you ask me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I have to agree with Drew on Shawn and Belle.

I do think Beemer and Madison looked more believable. However, the vibe and look that brimike is talking about I did see early on in Beemer's run. I think it depends on what the show was looking for and what it thought the fans wanted. I think Phelle was the potential, huge supercouple and I feel Shawn/Chloe could've been too. Shelle was more a nice, normal couple. I would've been ok either way as long as they kept the characters interesting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Nov 9 2008, 09:40 PM
Speaking of Steve and Kayla, would it kill the show to write them as more than just sounding boards for Stephanie?
From your keyboard to Higley or Whitsell's eyes.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

brimike
ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 09:29 PM
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Willow suffered from one problem above everything else - poor casting. The actress who played her had her moments, and may have been a wonderful person, but she could be very one-note, especially when it came time for emotional scenes. And she always had a dazed look in her eyes, although I admit she was more alive with Blake than she was with Brandon. And Brandon really REALLY needed someone to elevate him. Had she played the role with more layers, had more chemistry with Beemer, who knows what would have happened. The whole Nick/Chelsea/hairbrush story probably would never have transpired. And she might have ended up a real foil for Belle.

Oh, how I wish Marnie Saitta was working at Days when they were casting that role...
Now Brandon Beemer is someone I didnt care for, unless he was with Nadia or Lauren....he also worked well with Peter, but I just never took to that rendition of Shawn and Belle. It's very possible I didnt like him because viewers weren't given time to get used to Jason Cook being gone before they started Beemer.
Agreed. Martha's Belle always seemed to come across like she was Shawn's mother, not his love interest. But I do think Brandon was good with Peter and Kristian (and later, with Nadia), and I really REALLY saw something hot with him and Koslow. (I may be the only one) He just needed more time to click with the audience, I agree. And he shouldn't have been thrust into the frontburner so early on. Any head writer knows you don't take an actor the audience has seen for a couple months and suddenly showcase them four-five days a we--

;)
You're not the only one. There was a Shate thread going at SC for a while! :D

brimike

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 09:37 PM
brimike

;)
Aw, see now I loved Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer together. When Beemer was brought on as Shawn, and they showed hints that they were going to reunite Shawn and Belle, I hated the idea. But the way Hogan and his team brought Shawn and Belle back together, made them fall in love with each other agian, naturally, I fell in love with the two actors and their chemsitry together. I loved them together and thought they looked great, like an actual couple I can see walking down the street in real life.

I'm a Phelle fan at heart, but Philip and Belle are just too pretty as a couple, to be believable. Shawn and Belle, with Madison and Beemer in the roles, were like just natural.
Understandable, Drew... and I'm not saying Belle/Shawn in those incarnations would NEVER have worked. Actually, I saw a spark happen between them after the Phillip affair (which we've all agreed, ad nauseum, did a LOT of good in a LOT of ways). But before that, it just seemed like it was Shawn acting like a dolt and Belle rapping him on the knuckles with a ruler. A lot of that was the writing, but Brandon and Martha fell into that pattern too so even when it wasn't in the writing, it's just how they played it.

Like I said, the Phllip affair, and giving Brandon a reason to look down his nose at Belle for a change, really REALLY helped both characters. It was the first time I actually bought the Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle, in, like, five years. LOL!

But I digress (What else is new?)

Nicole Walker

I really hope Nicole has her baby. She's so cute with her baby bump! Please end Luloe.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Nov 9 2008, 09:45 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Nov 9 2008, 09:37 PM
So is Nicole like 8 months pregnant or something? LOL!
She's not out to here like Sami is but she's getting close.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 09:41 PM
PhoenixRising05

Melanie over Max? HAHAHHAHA! That's funny.

I disagree 100%. Max has a place on this show. He has history on this show. Real history. Max has a lot of potential if they would just stick with a direction for him and go with it and stay true to it.

Melanie on the other hand, no. She's not needed. Chelsea's the perfect vixen part. Yes, she's matured, but she's still a bitch and they've toned her down too much if you ask me.
Well, I don't want him to go. I just see more purpose for Melanie because the writers always seem to be all over the place with Max, which was reflected in his fan fest interview. He came on as a womanizing race car driver and then was a nice guy/race car type and now he's a genius bartender who seems kind of in limbo. They need to combine all these threads to make him interesting because they only tend to focus on one aspect of him at a time. Plus, I wish they would focus a bit more on the inner conflict they keep hinting at with him having this sort of identity crisis associated with Shawn Sr and Trent. I think there is purpose but the show doesn't seem to want to go there. They would rather saddle him with one love interest after another. That is the problem with this show. Evvery character has to be in a pairing or triangle or whatever.

I do not think they softened Chelsea too much. I think the writing for her right now is fine. The only time I find the writing bad for her is when we have to listen to her lash out at Kate and Daniel for the 500th time.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I never really warmed up to Brandon Beemer as Shawn. I'll forever associate JC with that role. Martha was amazing of course. I think we all agree about that. BTW, Kirsten Storms... is great on GH as Maxie.

I think the main problem with me regarding Brandon, wasn't so much Brandon but how they were writing Shawn to be as dumb as a stick during that time.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The thing with Brandon Beemer and Martha Madison, her looking like she would be his mother, that's because that's how the were stupposed to play it. At the time, Shawn's life was in a downward spiral and he was out of control. He was supposed to come off as immateur.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yo lady, I totally meant that remark to come off me joking with you. I though I added an emoticon or whatever, clearly I didn't so that's a big whoops. lol Now believe it or not when Mimi was merely a supporting character I loved her, she was one of my favourites. Her and Rex were one of the couples I first called my own that I got to see from the start. But then the abortion happened and Mimi as a character went to hell, IMO.

Now with this mention of Cassie being brought up, I'm just going to continue dreaming that she will return one day. She was so damn awesome and back when she was made Kate's child her and Kyle Brandt seemed to have great chemistry. Anyone remember when he gave her that bunny? Loved the thought of them.

As to Melanie, I think you could say any character on the show is not needed. For me, I go by the belief that everyone is replaceable. Every void can be filled if the writer is talented enough. (The unoriginal all the writers suck point would fit here, but that's just tiring now.)

Quote Post Goto Top

pnelsen

Steve and kayla and Stephanie .............yes It is about time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That's a good point. I forgot about that.

That is probably why I feel their chemistry got better over time. Once they kind of naturally came back together, I enjoyed them more as a couple.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply