Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Some Scoopage
Topic Started: Nov 9 2008, 07:37 PM (3,955 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Nov 9 2008, 09:53 PM
Yo lady, I totally meant that remark to come off me joking with you. I though I added an emoticon or whatever, clearly I didn't so that's a big whoops. lol Now believe it or not when Mimi was merely a supporting character I loved her, she was one of my favourites. Her and Rex were one of the couples I first called my own that I got to see from the start. But then the abortion happened and Mimi as a character went to hell, IMO.

Now with this mention of Cassie being brought up, I'm just going to continue dreaming that she will return one day. She was so damn awesome and back when she was made Kate's child her and Kyle Brandt seemed to have great chemistry. Anyone remember when he gave her that bunny? Loved the thought of them.

As to Melanie, I think you could say any character on the show is not needed. For me, I go by the belief that everyone is replaceable. Every void can be filled if the writer is talented enough. (The unoriginal all the writers suck point would fit here, but that's just tiring now.)

It's all good, Amello. I think it's PMS or menopause or something. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

mesagirl
Nov 9 2008, 09:47 PM
I never really warmed up to Brandon Beemer as Shawn. I'll forever associate JC with that role. Martha was amazing of course. I think we all agree about that. BTW, Kirsten Storms... is great on GH as Maxie.

I think the main problem with me regarding Brandon, wasn't so much Brandon but how they were writing Shawn to be as dumb as a stick during that time.
I hate the character of Shawn Brady. All the writers ever did was make him this huge caricature. Boring to the hilt, he was. I hope if Martha comes back as Belle, praying they don't stupidly recast for nothing, Shawn is left behind. Yes, I feel he could be an important part of the future of the show but so many other character are much more layered. It doesn't help I was a total Phelle fan.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Nov 9 2008, 09:58 PM
mesagirl
I never really warmed up to Brandon Beemer as Shawn. I'll forever associate JC with that role. Martha was amazing of course. I think we all agree about that. BTW, Kirsten Storms... is great on GH as Maxie.

I think the main problem with me regarding Brandon, wasn't so much Brandon but how they were writing Shawn to be as dumb as a stick during that time.
I hate the character of Shawn Brady. All the writers ever did was make him this huge caricature. Boring to the hilt, he was. I hope if Martha comes back as Belle, praying they don't stupidly recast for nothing, Shawn is left behind. Yes, I feel he could be an important part of the future of the show but so many other character are much more layered. It doesn't help I was a total Phelle fan.
Hey, now see, Amello, I DO have taste. I was a Phelle fan even with Kyle Brandt, even before they even hinted at Shimi. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 10:02 PM
Amello
Nov 9 2008, 09:58 PM
mesagirl

Hey, now see, Amello, I DO have taste. I was a Phelle fan even with Kyle Brandt, even before they even hinted at Shimi. ;)
I didn't like Phelle with Kyle Brandt at first because Kyle was horrible but somehow by the time he left he got some chops. JKJ and Martha, though, fans were needed on a constant basis.
Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

So does DOOL still have that island, cause I would love to ship Melanie and Max over to it.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

mesagirl
Martha was amazing of course. I think we all agree about that.
I hated Martha's Belle. She was good in family scenes but she was unbelievable as someone over whom men would fawn.
Brandon didn't work as Shawn because he wasn't a good actor and lacked charisma. However, he is great on B&B.
More and more I think that Nicole is not going to lose the baby, despite all of the stomach pains she is enduring. Perhaps this is one of the surprises viewers wouldn't expect that Dena talked about in her blog.
I'm okay with all of these spoilers except for the Lucas/Chloe one. Chloe, run as fast as you can!

Deleted User
Deleted User

DolceDiMera
Nov 9 2008, 10:42 PM
mesagirl
I hated Martha's Belle. She was good in family scenes but she was unbelievable as someone over whom men would fawn.
Brandon didn't work as Shawn because he wasn't a good actor and lacked charisma. However, he is great on B&B.
More and more I think that Nicole is not going to lose the baby, despite all of the stomach pains she is enduring. Perhaps this is one of the surprises viewers wouldn't expect that Dena talked about in her blog.
I'm okay with all of these spoilers except for the Lucas/Chloe one. Chloe, run as fast as you can!
But Shawn and Phillip weren't in love with her just because of how she looked. I don't know someone has to be a model on this show to be thought of as hot or sexy. No wonder most of the characters on Days are one-note.
Quote Post Goto Top

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Amello
Nov 9 2008, 10:45 PM
DolceDiMera
mesagirl
But Shawn and Phillip weren't in love with her just because of how she looked. I don't know someone has to be a model on this show to be thought of as hot or sexy. No wonder most of the characters on Days are one-note.
I agree... Martha played Belle brilliantly as just a normal woman. You didn't need to shellac the make up on (Nadia, Kate, et al) to see her beauty. She was simply the sweet girl next door for the most part. I can see men pining over her instead of say.... Sami :tounge:

Deleted User
Deleted User

mesagirl
Nov 9 2008, 10:58 PM
Amello
Nov 9 2008, 10:45 PM
DolceDiMera
mesagirl
I agree... Martha played Belle brilliantly as just a normal woman. You didn't need to shellac the make up on (Nadia, Kate, et al) to see her beauty. She was simply the sweet girl next door for the most part. I can see men pining over her instead of say.... Sami :tounge:
I understood why E.J was obsessed with her initially because he liked a challenge, she a confidant bitch. Now she,s just a mess. Blech!
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 09:42 PM
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:32 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 9 2008, 09:29 PM
brimike
Nov 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Willow suffered from one problem above everything else - poor casting. The actress who played her had her moments, and may have been a wonderful person, but she could be very one-note, especially when it came time for emotional scenes. And she always had a dazed look in her eyes, although I admit she was more alive with Blake than she was with Brandon. And Brandon really REALLY needed someone to elevate him. Had she played the role with more layers, had more chemistry with Beemer, who knows what would have happened. The whole Nick/Chelsea/hairbrush story probably would never have transpired. And she might have ended up a real foil for Belle.

Oh, how I wish Marnie Saitta was working at Days when they were casting that role...
Now Brandon Beemer is someone I didnt care for, unless he was with Nadia or Lauren....he also worked well with Peter, but I just never took to that rendition of Shawn and Belle. It's very possible I didnt like him because viewers weren't given time to get used to Jason Cook being gone before they started Beemer.
Agreed. Martha's Belle always seemed to come across like she was Shawn's mother, not his love interest. But I do think Brandon was good with Peter and Kristian (and later, with Nadia), and I really REALLY saw something hot with him and Koslow. (I may be the only one) He just needed more time to click with the audience, I agree. And he shouldn't have been thrust into the frontburner so early on. Any head writer knows you don't take an actor the audience has seen for a couple months and suddenly showcase them four-five days a we--

--oh, wait. Maybe they don't know that.

;)
You're not the only one. There was a Shate thread going at SC for a while! :D
This is hilarious. BB's Shawn and Kate had a thirty second scene together and by the end of if I was in shock at the inappropriate sparks (kinda like LK and JKJ at times, but shhhh on that one). Aww man...I'll never get over that loss. Jason Cook even had a few moments with her back in the day that stunned me.

To jump in though, I didn't dislike Brandon or Martha, but they were playing the wrong rolls for the actors they were. I have to agree with those who say MM was good at crying and being obviously emotional, but she lacked in normal scenes that required some charm to pull off. She never looked comfortable to me, and BB, on a good day, would act as though he was desperately looking for the next cue card to read off of. Monotone, too.

Oh, and I have no shame in saying I miss Willow, and actually liked Annie.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

NICOLE HAS A BABY BUMP!!! AWWW <33333333

brimike

fenderbabe
Nov 9 2008, 11:33 PM
This is hilarious. BB's Shawn and Kate had a thirty second scene together and by the end of if I was in shock at the inappropriate sparks (kinda like LK and JKJ at times, but shhhh on that one).
I remember the scene well. In the Brady Pub, right before Andre showed up to hold Kate hostage.

I really thought there was a great story in there -- Shawn sleeping with Philip's mother, after he found out about the Phelle affair. And let's face it - Lauren Koslow ripping off Beemer's shirt and doing it on the pub bar would be HOT. Ah well...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Nov 10 2008, 01:30 AM
fenderbabe
Nov 9 2008, 11:33 PM
This is hilarious. BB's Shawn and Kate had a thirty second scene together and by the end of if I was in shock at the inappropriate sparks (kinda like LK and JKJ at times, but shhhh on that one).
I remember the scene well. In the Brady Pub, right before Andre showed up to hold Kate hostage.

I really thought there was a great story in there -- Shawn sleeping with Philip's mother, after he found out about the Phelle affair. And let's face it - Lauren Koslow ripping off Beemer's shirt and doing it on the pub bar would be HOT. Ah well...
I like that alot because it's new and different but I doubt most fans would and we all know who they are LOL.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

brimike
That would have been awesome. :popcorn: Now I'm sad we didn't get that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Nov 10 2008, 01:46 AM
brimike
That would have been awesome. :popcorn: Now I'm sad we didn't get that.
I am, too. It would have been something NEW! Oh, well, the Phelle affair was good enough, I guess. But, dang. The angst, the drama of a Shate affair..............

Sariah
Member Avatar

Not too thrilled about Lucas/Chloe or the Philip continuing to interact with children storylines (JKJ didn't like being in the high school crowd his first go round - he can't be too happy about it).

There is nothing that is making me want to tune in. I used to at least fast forward through episodes and stop if anything looked interesting - now I'm deleting it from my DVR without even watching it.

ericfan400

Sariah
Nov 10 2008, 09:29 AM
Not too thrilled about Lucas/Chloe or the Philip continuing to interact with children storylines (JKJ didn't like being in the high school crowd his first go round - he can't be too happy about it).

There is nothing that is making me want to tune in. I used to at least fast forward through episodes and stop if anything looked interesting - now I'm deleting it from my DVR without even watching it.
I turn the channel sometimes to watch it, but other times i just want to read the recaps

Dawn7
Member Avatar

thanks OBK

ericfan400

:sleep2: :sleep2: This show sound like a snooze fest

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply