Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of November 10th
Topic Started: Nov 10 2008, 09:43 AM (6,134 Views)
Charmqn
Member Avatar

I love seeing Maggie with Nick...she really is the only person who loves Nick unconditionally, no matter what.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Good show today! I really liked the Nick/Maggie stuff. Melanie actually didn't irritate me that much today. It was nice to see Kayla again too.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed the show today. First one this week I can say that about.

Nick and Maggie's scenes were really good. Since Maggie knows the signs of addiction, she should be able to pin Nick down regarding his pill popping pretty soon. He's definitely displaying the anger, mood changes and personality changes already.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the return of Brady. I can already tell that I am going to like Eric in the role. He held his own just fine opposite Dee and Drake. I am looking forward to seeing how they blend Brady in to the s/l's.

Have to say it... what a nice break from Sami's screeching, scrunched up face. It's just one day of her not being on, but it feels so good! :tounge:

I really enjoyed the interaction between Kayla and Lexie as well. Kayla had a really great line in it regarding being a good mother. Being a mom of an Aspie kid, it felt good to hear something so positive being said.

Max and Chelsea - great as friends. Let's not cross that dating family members scenario again please. There has to be someone in Salem that Max isn't related to, right?

pnelsen

I thought the show was pretty good today. I enjoyed Kayla being back. John could have mentioned that he was hiring Steve the PI to find the mayor's killer. Maggie and Nick-----a good job.
As for Brady, I think he may be a bit too old to be playing Brady. I don't know how old he is in real life; but in my opinion, he could hang around with Dr. Dan. Put him next to Lucas and Phillip, and I think he looks a lot older. He was a good actor though.
Just my opinion.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Nov 13 2008, 07:32 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 13 2008, 04:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Nov 13 2008, 04:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 13 2008, 03:40 PM
Right but Victor is Bo's father. I know Bo is still a Brady but, as I said, in my mind I can kind of justify Max and Chelsea moreso then Stax based on that thinking. Doesn't mean I want them but it makes it easier to tolerate, at least for me.
But in terms of relation, Max is related to Chelsea in the same way he's related to Stephanie. Just because Stephanie has Grandpa Shawn's blood going through her veins, doesn't mean anything. She has Caroline's and so does Chelsea. They're related in the same way.
Oh, I know. All I'm saying is the Victor element takes away from it for me, at least in my mind.

Why? Because only the father's blood matters?
No. Not at all.

It's just the way I think about it. Yes, Bo is a Brady. He was brought up as a Brady. I know that. I'm just saying in my mind I also think of Bo as a Kiriakis too and Victor being his father sticks out in my mind alot so when I see Max and Chelsea, it's not as bad as Max and Stephanie. That's all.

I don't necessarily want them together. Just saying.

cassie1013

Kenny
Nov 12 2008, 11:00 PM
Alligato
Nov 12 2008, 10:46 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't remember a thing about Chelsea giving Max a blow job? I am almost sure I was watching back then, so I don't know how I could miss that. Ew. Ew. Ew.
I remember it!

I believe it was back when Mandy Musgrave was playing the character, back in 2003. It happened around Thanksgiving, if I recall correctly.
Yeah, as someone mentioned, Rachel was DEFINITELY in the role. It was in May-July that it aired, I'm positive. And Chelsea defined as going "half way."

I know people were disgusted, but hey, it's 2008 (although that was 2005 I think). Sex isn't just sex anymore, lol. Soaps should move with times.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I really enjoyed today's episode.

First off, Suzanne Rogers and Blake Berris were amazing today. I really like how this is coming together despite the pacing. I like how we are seeing the walls close in on Nick. Loved the Willow reference and Melanie and Maggie's showdown. Loved the Maggie/Nick showdown and how Maggie mentioned his being shot weeks ago and his DUI. It all came together nicely. I also like how they invovled Kayla and the other doctor to drive the point home that something is wrong. That scene with Kayla was freaky, especially with the music. Loved the SSK music being back in full force.

Melanie and Max have a fun dynamic. Loved their sibling scenes. They have great sibling chemistry and I liked his telling her about Nick and warning her not to hurt him. Nice Max/Kayla scenes too and I did enjoy Lexie/Kayla. I like their friendship and the scenes were well-done, tying into Kayla mothering Stephanie. Nice to see Joe, even if we never saw the kid. They should've been using Kayla like this all along. Dumb.

I'm glad they played Lexie being jealous of Chelsea and not understanding what she is doing wrong. That is realistic and something alot of parents deal with even with normal children. Melvin and Jones were very good and little Theo is played by a talented little actor. Chelsea/Max...did not enjoy as much as yesterday because I don't like them shoving them into scenes in back to back episodes. It's forcing the issue a bit. I did like their talk about Nick though. It helps the buildup to the impending climax.

As I pointed out in the Brady thread, Lowder was a bit stiff and awkward but I think the scene called for that as he just returned. I expected him to be nervous so no surprise he seems a bit tense. I mean, it can't be easy having your first scenes with Drake and Dee. Eric's usually a bit more natural then that but I think it will come. He was stiff when he first started as Ethan too and while his acting never improved, his mannerisms did. I think he also worried far too much about tossing in some things Lowder used to do. I got that feeling. He has the look and worked very well with Drake and Dee. His scenes with Dee were very good. I did like what he was trying to convey. I did like their family dynamics. I liked John avoiding the issue of facing his son too. Very much in keeping with this John.

The ending was great. Nice cliffhanger. You can feel the Trent story building to it's big climax and I like the way Melanie got clued in to Nick's actions. It made sense and wasn't forced.

Very good episode today.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I watched live today and was pleased that there was no Sami!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Today's show so far sucked the big one.....

Why the hell is Dr. Dan a "special consultant" for Nicole's pregnancy? Last I checked he wasn't OBGYN!

Mason
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Nov 14 2008, 02:36 PM

Why the hell is Dr. Dan a "special consultant" for Nicole's pregnancy? Last I checked he wasn't OBGYN!

Dontcha know by now?

Daniel's the miracle doctor. He can do anything! Hell, he could probably walk on water if ya asked him to.

Days4Life

I can't believe it--NB displayed real emotion today! I thought she was very good in those scenes.

I love creepy Nick. But I can't believe he told Melanie she killed her father! See, this is what happens when good guys go bad.

Sami's screaming is driving me nuts. If I knew the location of that safe house, I would hire a PI myself, find the mayor's killer and tell him where Sami is living just so he could go shoot her and shut her up. I don't want her dead, just in a coma for a few months.

Nicole and EJ--so cute! If only they hadn't ruined those scenes by having Dr. Dan show up. Since when is he an OB/GYN? I wish he'd go surfing and get eaten by a shark. Yes, I know I'm sounding rather bloodthirsty, but it's because of that SSK music. It's having a bad effect on me.

Edited by Days4Life, Nov 14 2008, 02:52 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Nov 14 2008, 02:48 PM
Rhiannon

Dontcha know by now?

Daniel's the miracle doctor. He can do anything! Hell, he could probably walk on water if ya asked him to.
Well he's a big surfer. I'd say he probably doesn't need a surfboard to do that.

Can I ask. The "stationary" Nick used that Melanie found in Maggie's drawer. Does that just look like plain white paper to anyone else? With such skills of deduction, maybe the SalemPD should hire Melanie.
Edited by Tripp, Nov 14 2008, 02:58 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Only caught the tail-end of today's show but discovered I'm still loving Eric Martsolf as Brady big time. Loved the chance encounter with Chloe (Never much cared for the original Broe but when they give up on Luloe I could be down for Brady and chloe getting back together) and Brady just showing up at the door of the DiMansion to interrupt EJ and Nicole was good soapy stuff.

Still liking GG as Rafe and still feeling bad for him stuck in Sami scenes alone.

The Melanie-Nick scenes are just awful though. Can't wait til that gets over. And what the heck was up with Bope interviewing fake Irish gravedigger guy about his role in a black market for stealing tombstones? Why would anyone steal tombstones? Wouldn't they be stealing jewelry and crap out of the graves or something? That just made no sense to me.

Don't care at all about Theo's autism. The only way I could care about Theo and Lexie at this point is if Celeste eloped with Abe.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rhiannon

Well, Kayla wasn't one either and she was Nicole's doctor the last time.

Daniel was the doctor who told her she was pregnant and also helped her after she fell on the mayor's body so I don't mind it, personally.

This is what happens when you make Dr. Bader a criminal :laugh: .

jane1978

Ok, after today I really hope Melanie stays because Molly Burnett was great. I think Noel Maxam told her about the touching her forehead habit because she did it only two times today. This stuff would be very hard to play even for a seasoned actor and she is still a newbie so I think she really deserves the praise.

Blake Berris was wonderfull too. So creepy and sinister and I loved his satisfied smile at the end when Mel bought his story. The best thing is I really donīt have any problem accept him doing all of this because he is a genius and he has a history of manipulating girls he likes towards him. I hope they still find a way how to put them together again after all of this because BB and MB have great chemistry.

I agree with someone above that Nadia was actually good today. She showed some emotion and seemed to be genuinely concerned about Brady and what happened to him. I thought the closure talk was very good but Iīm sure Broe fans will be pissed anyway. I really wouldnīt mind this Brady and Nadia together.

The scenes between EJ/Nicol/Dan and Rafe/Sami worked well today. It didnīt have that "this is just a filler" feeling and Sami being angry at EJ and praising his looks and inteligence at the same time was classic soap. Nicol/EJīs kiss at the end was so hot! Great chemistry there. It will be so shocking and sad when that thing from spoilers happens.

Liked Bo/Hope really investigating the case. I quess the show now pretapes a lot of non-permanent set stuff so the limited set situation isnīt so glaring. Nice to see them put two and two together.

Seeing Phillip/Stephanie in the promo was bittersweet as I really wanted them together and those two and Mel working together at Titan is story Iīm really looking forward. Of course, I loved Phelle and they fired MM, I thought they finally found good stuff for Kristen Renton and JKJ and she was let go, and now I really love the chemistry between JKJ and SH and he is leaving.

Oh, well. Maybe there is still a chance both Tomlin and JKJ calm down over weekend and find some solution.
Edited by jane1978, Nov 14 2008, 03:42 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Nick just friggin freaked me out today! I kept waiting for him to either rape Melanie or beat the crap out of her. He just looks like he is going to lose it. Great job, BB! Couldn't believe he told Mel that she killed Trent..and the music just caps it all off. Great job!

I am liking me some Brady so far. It is funny how nobody is happy to see him. Now, I haven't had to leave my drug addicted husband in rehab in a far away country, but I could at least smile at him when I found he is home and better. Chloe didn't look like she was happy he was back. Nicole either.

They are just laying it on so thick with EJ and Nicole. Planning on finding out the sex of the baby? Hearing the heart beat? Just total happiness and excitement? It is so going to suck! I am just loving them though.

And Sami...oh lord. I think the problem with her character is that she is so damn over the top. She NEVER reacts calmly...it is always yelling or rambling or fussing. She is so fucking exhausting! High strung. How can anyone live with that. And I sitll don't see that she is in love with EJ...very jealous, but not in love. A character like Sami needs to be in small doses and she is not and that is why I have hated her sooo much.
Rafe is okay. I actually just feel sorry for him for having to deal with Sami. She just sucks right now!

Bo and Hope just have me laughing with this Ray guy. Let's see Pop Shawn's grave stone get stolen and see how fast they blow that shit off to their little informant. I don't find them competant, I think they are just going down a list of everyone in Salem to charge with murder.

I enjoyed today.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'll watch todays show sometime this weekend as it sounds decent..

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Nov 14 2008, 02:49 PM
I can't believe it--NB displayed real emotion today! I thought she was very good in those scenes.

I love creepy Nick. But I can't believe he told Melanie she killed her father! See, this is what happens when good guys go bad.

Sami's screaming is driving me nuts. If I knew the location of that safe house, I would hire a PI myself, find the mayor's killer and tell him where Sami is living just so he could go shoot her and shut her up. I don't want her dead, just in a coma for a few months.

Nicole and EJ--so cute! If only they hadn't ruined those scenes by having Dr. Dan show up. Since when is he an OB/GYN? I wish he'd go surfing and get eaten by a shark. Yes, I know I'm sounding rather bloodthirsty, but it's because of that SSK music. It's having a bad effect on me.

I want her dead :laugh:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Does Maggie have a double? Just wondering because on Wednesday Marlena told John that Maggie picked her up at the airport. On thursday Nick welcomed her home from a trip with Mickey. I believe this all happened on the same day in Salem time since on Thursday Marlena was still talking to John and they were still wearing the same clothes. So how did Maggie pick up Marlena from the airport when she was arriving home from a trip herself, never mentioning that she happened to find Marlena at the airport to give her a ride home. Amazing how that would have worked out... :shrug:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well i actually watched todays show and for the most part i enjoyed it..Loved the Brady and Chloe scenes and look forward to them sharing more scenes together..Nadia and Eric have strong chemistry and i'm really enjoying Eric as Brady..He's doing a great job so far..Also Nick and Melanie's scenes rocked..This story is much more interesting now as its reaching its climax and going somewhere...Both Blake and Molly gave very strong performances today..and i loved the creepy music..

The rest of the show was pretty boring..Although i'm really looking forward to shirtless EJ and Brady/Nicole on monday's show..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply