Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where Are Steve and Kayla?; They haven't been on since early October
Topic Started: Nov 11 2008, 09:45 AM (2,473 Views)
pnelsen

What has happened to Steve and Kayla? They haven't been on since October. With all this stuff going on with Stephanie and Max, why are Steve and Kayla consulted. S&K were not there for Abe's celebration or when Bo was appointed police commissioner. Steve was suppose to be helping the police solve the Trent murder case. What is going on?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

I have no earthly idea where they have gone to. :shrug: And it is my understanding that we are not going to be seeing much of them in the next month or so . . .

They basically got their hard-fought-for "fallout" scene this summer and then have not had much since. Sometimes I wonder whether they would be shown more now if they had not been so insistent in getting some type of resolution, which in essence indirectly challenged Dena's idea of what a conclusion should be. This is only speculation on my part - to be clear, neither MBE or SN have hinted at anything like this.
Edited by Ives, Nov 11 2008, 10:49 AM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

pnelsen
Nov 11 2008, 09:45 AM
What has happened to Steve and Kayla? They haven't been on since October. With all this stuff going on with Stephanie and Max, why are Steve and Kayla consulted. S&K were not there for Abe's celebration or when Bo was appointed police commissioner. Steve was suppose to be helping the police solve the Trent murder case. What is going on?
I think Nichols and Evans will be shown the door very soon. It's sad really, because the Steve and Kayla love story was imho, the best love story ever told on soaps. During that time period, it was magic. Having said all of that, I just can't can't get into them anymore. Is it the writing, the acting, the chemistry? I don't know. But at least if they are written out, they will end up together, instead of thinking of Kayla mourning Steve for all of these years.

Mason
Member Avatar

Languishing on Backburner Island, probably never to return.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I hate the fact that they aren't used up to their potential. The whole return of Steve was never addressed properly - the fact that Stefano had him should have been addressed since it was Lawrence Alamain that originally had him "killed." As much as I love them, use them or loose them.

jwilds213

It has NEVER been the chemistry, it has been the writing (bad or in our Current LAck thereof) that has not properly showcased these 2 talented actors and shown why they were so good the first time around.

Since it looks like KC has allienated all of the current writers by his interference in the past and this current HW thinks her stuff and she is the greatest thing since sliced bread......I doubt things are going to change anytime soon unless it comes from above KC.

LadyMadonna

Steve and Kayla still have the chemisty but they need a good story. They really haven't had one since their return. I'm not watching while they aren't on. I don't find the Sami show worth my time. I want to a more balanced show with vets and the younger cast not just isn't what I want to see. They aren't interesting enough. The younger viewers aren't want has kept this show on the air. It's the fans who have watched for years and want to see the vets to continue to have viable stories and not be stuck in no man's land. Days will never survive unless they have some balance and talent who can write and push this show in the right direction. Until it does it will languish at the bottom of the garbage heap.

Sherry S.

I'm missing Steve and Kayla also...there is so much story left to tell; it's hard to believe that this headwriter can't deliver a story for them.

Sherry S.

silviacilenti

I can't believe what this writer has done to the best couple in Daytime. They've been completely disrespected and I refuse to watch the show when their not on. They deserve a storyline. There are so many storyline possibilities for them if Days had a writer willing to actually write for them.

sandk4ever

I really miss seeing them on my screen. I have been a fan for 25 years and have never seen anything like this. Before it would be explained why someone was offscreen for so long; now they could care less about telling us why they aren't around. I thought when they brought Steve and Kayla back 2 1/2 years ago they would have a great story telling us where Steve had been, what he was doing, who had him, etc, etc. But they gave us a quick wham, bam, thank you ma'am sort of thing and that was it. After all these years they still have chemistry so we know that isn't the problem. If we could just get someone in there that knew their history and could give us something to sink our teeth into we wouldn't be so critical. I agree, this show has become a show for the younger set and it is very disturbing. I can see them doing it during the summer when the kiddies are out of school but when they are in school, bring on the vets!!!

King
Member Avatar

I will never understand why DAYS wrote off Belle and Shawn over Steve and Kayla.

S&B would have been the better bet. S&K's storylines have been ATROCIOUS since Hoagie took over and then Higley.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don;t understand it either.

I can see J&M or Bope but them and Tony/Anna makes no sense to me. Anna maybe but Tony, Steve, and Kayla are well under their guarantee. USE THEM!! Hell, there are opportunities. Use them with Stephanie at least.

I really think we are seeing the beginning of the end. I think both Steve and Kayla and Tony and Anna will be gone by summer. I can't argue the decision despite me loving both couples but it still sucks because there are things they can be doing.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Nov 11 2008, 03:25 PM
I will never understand why DAYS wrote off Belle and Shawn over Steve and Kayla.
I won't either - especially if they're so concerned with the damn budget.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I suppose since they used S & K for the 1st half of the year they think that's enough screen time plus S&K was apart of the purple gas s/l .... Tanna is the one who has been almost totally stiffed! That intern s/l was stupid! And then they got remarried off Screen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Nov 11 2008, 03:30 PM
I suppose since they used S & K for the 1st half of the year they think that's enough screen time plus S&K was apart of the purple gas s/l .... Tanna is the one who has been almost totally stiffed! That intern s/l was stupid! And then they got remarried off Screen.
Well, it's obvious Tanna was supposed to be gone. That is why they married offscreen. I think they changed plans when Thaoo got nominated.

It does not make sense to keep Steve and Kayla and write off Shelle but, again, Shelle was clearly not a budget decision.

I think Corday has been down on Steve and Kayla since that interivew in 2007 where he threw them under the bus with the sentiment that they need more recent faces from the 90's to succeed, not the 80's. That was an obvious dig. I think he was expecting their return to be huge for ratings like the returns of Hope, Marlena, etc were. When it wasn't, he was through with them and forced them into J&J status, which is they use them when they feel like it, Dena wanted to bring Steve and Kayla back her first time around so I think she actually wants to write for them. I think Corday just doesn't care. I think he's through with them and pushes other stories rather then something for them.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I'm gonna reign in here. I think one of the smartest decisions they did was write off Shelle last year. Shelle was a story dead in teh water for a couple so young. Ignoring the actors playing the couple, the audience has seen Belle and Shawn through their childhood, SORASed up. They were both "good" characters. They were extremely close to their parents/families. And sadly, extremely dependant on them.

Shawn and Belle were childhood sweethearts who never seemed to get over each other. I find that can be fairly realistic but in soap operas, it gets boring because there isn't much for them to do. After the Jans, Philips, Mimi's and such, where can they go? If they had remained on the show, I think it would have been a powerful story to say that Belle would learn she held a torch for a guy in high school which wound up ruining a marriage, to only find out the reality didn't live up to the fantasy.

Now that said, I also think MM and BB's chemistry hurt. There was none. BB actually peaked at the top. He was really good with the baby Claire and was impressed at how he could seamlessly hold her in scenes while MM couldn't look natural with that baby to save her life (that hurt my opinion of her, I admit). MM actually was really good in bitchy scenes but God forbid Belle should get bitchy scenes. That just won't do. So she was stuck with being a boring heroine who walked around letting things happen to her and later crying about it to mama.

Now with them gone from the show, it's possible they can write (one) of them back and give them some new history to work with. Up until last year, the viewers knew everything about Shelle and their pasts so unless you wanted Philip to be forever in their lives, it just wasn't going to work.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 11 2008, 03:27 PM
King
Nov 11 2008, 03:25 PM
I won't either - especially if they're so concerned with the damn budget.
I often wondered why both Austin and Carrie, and Shawn and Belle, were written off, and Steve and Kayla were brought back. Why write off characters that were popular to recent viewers, and replaced by characters who hadn't been seen for 16 years. And this is the show that it supposed to be all about the budget and being demo friendly and all that crap.

late80sdays

For me - I only came back for Steve/Kayla. I doubt I am the only one too. These two really know how to act.

Side note - I wouldn't have mind watching Austin etc., but Shelle just didn't do it for me.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

There are a lot of Steve and Kayla fans that have come out of the woodwork with their first post lol Heck, if they have that many fans, maybe there is still hope

Dr. Chip

Or maybe it's the same person trying to ratchet up more support.

Maybe it's a relative of Terry's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply