Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What has happened to Stephano?
Topic Started: Nov 12 2008, 03:48 AM (1,006 Views)
Nicole Walker

Where is my evil genius who plots against his enemies? He hasn't done anything lately except give out advice and get excited about babies. Joe's return was suppose to be great and Stephano's story was suppose to be good. That's why Joe returned cause there was some good material for Stephano and now there's nothing. He's not doing anything interesting. There's no John vs Stephano, no EJ vs Stephano, no Tony vs Stephano. I mean they squabble but that's it. He's not going after any of his enemies!! I want Stephano back in action!!
Edited by Nicole Walker, Nov 12 2008, 03:48 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't know where Stephano is, but I have a pretty good idea where Stefano is.

Dena the Destroyer ate him. :scared:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Dena Higley doens't have a clue as to how to write Stefano. He's become an awful caricature of his former self and I'd rather him not be on screen in this incarnation. Seriously, how lame and cheesy is it when Stefano is talking to himself and toasting with a glass of wine? Give me a break! His obsession with knocking women up for "heirs" is also creepy... I want the old Stefano, the REAL villain, not this reformed family man who is kind of bad, kind of good (but we aren't really sure).

I also don't like the fact that both the characters and the audience are in the dark as to his involvement with various crimes. Where's the dramatic irony in that? It seems as if denies association with a gazillion cases, but for all we know, he may as well been responsible. And on top of that, we're expected to believe he calls up some minions to do all his dirty work for him - well, who ARE these people? There's holes all over the place, and the Stefano storyline has lost believability factor. I understand it's supposed to be camp, but the viewers aren't stupid.

I also don't find Stefano that interesting with EJ. I'm not sold enough on their relationship and I find myself wondering where the hell Lexie is half the time. She needs to be in the thick of the DiMera storyline, not on the sidelines. She has great chemistry with the whole family, particularly Stefano... She's the only character that's kept Stefano interesting for me the last couple months (in their limited scenes together). Get Lexie out of the Abe story and get the DiMera one rolling.
Edited by cassie1013, Nov 12 2008, 05:56 AM.

brimike

I love Joe, but if I have to read one more interview where he praises Higley for her writing I might hurt somebody. I wasn't a fan of invalid Stefano, but at least he had more depth than *this* guy. It's just as bad, the way he wanders around muttering "vengeance" and "betrayal" and never actually *doing* anything.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I think Joe is more happy with the writing now because Sheffer always had him in a wheelchair or a hospital bed.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Dena's writing hasn't been any better. He's basically gone from wheelchair to personal babysitter.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Nov 12 2008, 05:54 AM
Dena Higley doens't have a clue as to how to write Stefano. He's become an awful caricature of his former self and I'd rather him not be on screen in this incarnation. Seriously, how lame and cheesy is it when Stefano is talking to himself and toasting with a glass of wine? Give me a break! His obsession with knocking women up for "heirs" is also creepy... I want the old Stefano, the REAL villain, not this reformed family man who is kind of bad, kind of good (but we aren't really sure).
See, that's the scenes I like the most with Stefano these days (and his scenes with Lexie of course). I love when Stefano sits in his chair drinking and playing chess as he plans something.

brimike

Sindacco
Nov 12 2008, 09:51 AM
cassie1013
See, that's the scenes I like the most with Stefano these days (and his scenes with Lexie of course). I love when Stefano sits in his chair drinking and playing chess as he plans something.
Yeah, but when he only "plans" and never "does", then it starts to get old. It's like he just sits around all day being ominous and playing chess with himself... and that's it. It's hard to take him seriously.

ETA: And I'm a HUGE Stefano fan. I don't want to see him go anywhere. But if he's not pulling the strings, he just starts to sound like a crazy old man.
Edited by brimike, Nov 12 2008, 09:53 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Days needs to put their best actors front and center .... The whole Marlena and Stefano revenge storyline dropped, the whole John and Stefano fighting for the DiMera empire dropped. EJ and Tony's fight to gain control over both John and Stefano dropped. Stefano and Kate's relationship dropped.

What are we getting instead ... Kate's illness, Trent's murder, Nicole and Sami dual pregnancy, the Mayor's murder, Abe as Mayor, Bo as commissioner and the Melanie and Nicole show!

I think Kate teaming up with Stefano vs Marlena and John vs EJ and Tony/Anna would have been far more interesting than Kate's illness! I think the Mayor being murdered and Trent being murdered gets a big who cares! Nicole is boring now and Melanie is just annoying. I guess not many cared if Max and Stephanie broke up and the whole Theo autism s/l isn't on enough to garner any strong feelings. Phillip's love life is beyond weird. And the Romance between Lucas and Chloe is so far fetched that nobody is buying it. Rafe and Sami well it's cute but cute can only go so far before you just start to FF. I'll give it up to GG he is doing a solid job. Ali however is way too over the top. She is trying to hard to be bitchy and clever and it seems so fake and just too much.

Mason

I see someone who vaguely resembles Stefano on the screen, but it's not the Stefano I know.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Steffy is off nursing the wound between his legs where his balls once existed. Dena has ruined the charm of every character on the show. She has slashed off everyones cockles. I bet she keeps them in a jar on her desk. Dena is good at that(slashing off meat) and imo good for me to poop on. WORST WRITER EVER! My turds have more talent.

cassie1013

Sindacco
cassie1013
I don't disagree, but Higley's scenes of Stefano talking to himself never seem pertinent to any plan! He just seems like a cocky old man, sitting in his huge house in an expensive suit with nothing better to do with himself, lol. There's something stereotypical about the way Higley writes him, as he seems to have no layers whatsoever.

Aside from Lexie, Marlena and Stefano is always GREAT story. I love their chemistry - they easily could have done a Stefano/Kate vs. John/Marlena story. How great would that have been?? But now we're stuck with the Good doctor and Kate's illness, which frankly, is putting me to sleep. I could care less and Kate is one of my all time favorite DAYS characters. I don't even see why she started the Stefano/Kate story if she wasn't planning on heading in that direction.
Edited by cassie1013, Nov 12 2008, 05:28 PM.

Mason

cassie1013
Nov 12 2008, 05:27 PM
There's something stereotypical about the way Higley writes him, as he seems to have no layers whatsoever.
That's true for ALL of the characters under Higley. Characters are written with little to no depth, and come off as mere stereotypical soap characters.

cassie1013

You know what? You're totally right. I just realized it...it's taken me awhile to finally see the flaws in Higley's writing, but now I do. I thought she as "ok" and watchable, but she only works for short periods of time before she gets boring and cookie cutter...

Blindside84
Member Avatar

If the writers were smart they would write more scenes and storylines centering around Stefano, Marlena, and John.
Stefano is not being written according to character. It is a shame because there are so many possibilities with so much potential.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Dena can't write anything with any substance or value to it. Thus why she does not know what to do with Stefano - a character who requires some thought.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ElvisDiMera
Nov 14 2008, 12:30 AM
Dena can't write anything with any substance or value to it. Thus why she does not know what to do with Stefano - a character who requires some thought.
I don't believe Stefano requires much thought at all. All there is to him is that he wants to destroy all his enemies and Dena can't even write that correctly. She,s pitiful.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
cassie1013
I agree.

That is the way he was years ago. The only thing the show has to do is have him actually do something. He's in a holding pattern right now but that is really the only thing missing IMO.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Once they got rid of Ed Scott and Higley came back it meant the end of Stefano. I'm still waiting for the John/Stefano/Marlena story that started in the summer. Higley would rather have Stefano babysit and hang around the house redecorating. :puke:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply