Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Ali blog 11/12
Topic Started: Nov 13 2008, 12:25 AM (880 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

i love pickles.
November 12, 03:11 PM

Okay, so you're probably noticing that pickles keep appearing in the safe house. Uh huh - Sami's not the only one who's pregnant! :) I went through about a 2 month phase when I just couldn't get enough pickles. I love them!! And, to be honest, I still don't turn one down at the deli at lunch. Or anytime really. Sometimes we shoot those scenes at like 9am, and I am still rarin' to go - psyched to bite into a cold, delicious, sour treat.

So, I asked the prop department to put them in the fridge in the safe house, and then it just became this running gag. You'll see them appear several more times in upcoming episodes.and, really - isn't Sami so emotional these days?? ha. not hard for me to portray those scenes!! When I was pregnant with Ben, I was seriously an emotional roller-coaster. I like to think it's not as severe this time as last. I am able to remain rational. With Ben, I seriously wept, sobs into my pillow, for a good solid hour because Tivo didn't tape my favorite show. My husband was so unprepared with my weepiness. he would pat my back while trying not to laugh. Luckily I can laugh about it now, but I do relate to what Sami's going through - and let's be honest, she's always been a bit high-strung anyway. So it's not entirely surprising that those hormones are driving her all over the place.

It's such a relief to finally be able to wear wardrobe on the show that is not trying to 'disguise' Sami's belly. I mean - who are we kidding here??? right?! so, at least now i can be comfy and not so self-conscious all the time. That's been nice. and working with Galen is so much fun. They are writing really funny stuff for us. And Diane, who plays Hilda. she's fantastic.

XOXO

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/days_of_our_lives/i_love_pickles.php#more

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

So in other words, Ali is just now learning that she can use her own emotions to drive her portrayal of Sami?

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am so glad she is enjoying herself and thinking this is so much fun, because I think it sucks! I am so mad at her right now for thinking she did something great for her character by making her pregnant. She was finally going to be a career woman on her own, and now she is a blubbering, lying, crazy mess.

Sorry AS, there was just so much for you to do with your character, and I am just so sick of you being pregnant on the show! Sigh!
Thanks for blogging though.
Thanks for sharing.

brimike

Ellie
Nov 13 2008, 12:29 AM
So in other words, Ali is just now learning that she can use her own emotions to drive her portrayal of Sami?
Ellie, you're awesome. :D

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I have words but they aren't so nice so I'll keep them to myself....... :smile:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...

Ok..while I've been enjoying Sami lately, Ali is taking away from that enjoyment.

I mean, does she even understand that most did not want this story? For Nicole, maybe, but not for her. I really do think some people on Days are upset with her and the pacing of the story makes me think Ali wanted to be isolated from others because of tension. I mean, they isolated her way too far ahead of her actual leave. The pregnancy came out of nowhere. I mean, within a month, she was out of Salem and with Rafe. Something seems fishy and I'm starting to think this whole story as far as the Sami aspect goes is all her ideas and the show simply went with them. It's obvious she has major clout and that should create alot of tension on set.

I do have to say that Ali has used her emotions to drive Sami before. I just don't think she did it much in emotional scenes and with her onscreen children. She did mention that she could never do it in scenes with Will until she had Ben. Now she can convey her emotion on that moment as a more real emotion because she has a child. Just like during her first pregnancy, I've noticed that Ali's emotional scenes are a bit better. Much more raw so I think her pregnancy actually helps her acting.

Mason
Member Avatar

That's all great and lovely, Ali, but please just pop the damn kid out already, so we can get some kind of break from Sami.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mason
Nov 13 2008, 04:40 PM
That's all great and lovely, Ali, but please just pop the damn kid out already, so we can get some kind of break from Sami.
With scenes being pre taped I doubt we'll be getting that much of a break from her..... :(

Mason
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Nov 13 2008, 04:46 PM
Mason
Nov 13 2008, 04:40 PM
With scenes being pre taped I doubt we'll be getting that much of a break from her..... :(
I know, but at this point, I'll take anything I can get! LoL

Loretta3938
Member Avatar

I wanted Sami to be pregnant, but I agree that she was isolated far too quickly from the rest of the cast. The story with Rafe is more like a "miss" for me right now...certainly not a hit. I would rather Rafe had called Roman when he found out Sami tricked two of her guards in a short period of time and Roman offered to guard her himself...if Rafe would take his place at the police station. I think the dynamics would have been far more interesting with the switcharound, and Roman might have grown to understand his daughter a little more than he has in the past.

Loretta

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I feel so bad for Ali that she has become the villian of the DAYS cast and we really don't have any proof that she has done anything wrong. She has devoted 15 years to the show and has always gone out of her way to be a cheerleader for the show. It's not her fault if she suggests a story idea, and DAYS goes for it.

cassie1013

LOL, I love Hilda too! It's total goofy-days comedy, but it's not so over the top that it's reminiscent of JER. Comedy and quirkiness has always been an important part of DAYS, and Hilda proves it can be done, and within reason!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply