Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Nick is arrested
Topic Started: Nov 13 2008, 08:43 AM (1,514 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

The jig is up for Nick this week, when Melanie comes to the frightening realization that he killed Trent, and Bo and Hope arrest him. "Melanie is devastated and angry that Nick has been manipulating her," says Molly Burnett (Melanie).

Things come to a head after Nick and Melanie split from Salem. "Nick has told Melanie that she killed Trent," recounts Burnett. "Then he's like, 'We need to go to Vegas. We need to get married, so we can't testify against each other.' All of a sudden, Melanie is off on this insane whirlwind. She and Nick go to this hotel and are getting ready to fly to Vegas when all hell breaks loose."

Nick is preparing drinks and holding an ice pick. "It triggers Melanie into remembering him stabbing her father," says Burnett. "Melanie tries to play it cool. All she wants to do is get out of the hotel room. Nick senses something is wrong and won't let her go. Because he's been drinking and taking pills, he turns on her. He grabs Melanie's arm."

Finally, Melanie confronts Nick with the truth. "She says, 'You killed him, didn't you?'" recounts Burnett. "There's this big, dramatic (moment) of Nick explaining why he did it."

Nick insists that he killed Trent to protect Melanie, but Melanie doesn't want to hear it. "Melanie is mad and hurt," contends Burnett. "She thought she found a guy she could completely trust, and now he's completely destroyed that trust."

Back in Salem, everyone else is putting together the pieces of the puzzle. Maggie finds the threatening note Nick sent Melanie. Chelsea and Max discuss Nick's weird behavior. And Stephanie and Philip end up overhearing Nick and Melanie's argument after Nick accidentally dials Stephanie's cell phone. The duo pieces together where Nick and Melanie might be and take the information to Bo and Hope, who have already discussed that Nick is Trent's killer. Together, they set off for the hotel.

"Melanie is still trying to get away from Nick," explains Burnett. "They end up arguing and struggling on the balcony. Bo and Hope arrive and smash the door down. Nick accidentally lets go of Melanie and she falls. She's left hanging off the balcony." Bo and Philip come to the rescue. "Bo grabs Melanie. And Philip climbs up and saves her," notes Burnett.

Too bad it doesn't look like anyone will be able to save Nick, who's arrested by Hope. Later, at the police station, Nick insists that extenuating circumstances drove him to murder. "It seems like Nick killed Trent to be a hero - to save Melanie," says Burnett. "But after Nick lied to her so many times, it's hard for Melanie to see it like that."

And it's hard for most of Salem to see Melanie as an innocent in all this.

"Everybody is still turning on Melanie," sighs Burnett. "They all think it's her fault Nick killed Trent. No matter what Melanie does, she can't win! She ends up running off and falling back into her own ways."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Is it really necessary for them to write this much leading story for Melanie, a girl who hasn't even been on the show for two months? I mean... really? It completely sucks that I actually liked her when she first came on, but because she's hogging up all the airtime, I've grown to just hate her and want her gone.

Thanks for posting, Jonatha!

brimike

I love that Nick goes psychotic and STABS somebody, and the whole town turns on MELANIE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Because that fact that their friend PLUNGED A KNIFE INTO A GUY isn't cause for concern.

Let's blame Melanie. I know *I* am. :D

ETA: I'm a HUGE Nick fan, but even I can see this is clearly his fault. There's a difference between jumping to somebody's defense, punching Trent in the jaw, grabbing Melanie and getting the hell out of there... and STABBING HIM. There's self-defense and then there's just lunacy. Blake Berris deserves so much better.
Edited by brimike, Nov 13 2008, 08:58 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha ....

Looks like this is the big dramatic sweeps moment for Days - I give it 2 yawns and 1 big WHO CARES!

Alligato
Member Avatar

brimike
Nov 13 2008, 08:56 AM
I love that Nick goes psychotic and STABS somebody, and the whole town turns on MELANIE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Because that fact that their friend PLUNGED A KNIFE INTO A GUY isn't cause for concern.

Let's blame Melanie. I know *I* am. :D

ETA: I'm a HUGE Nick fan, but even I can see this is clearly his fault. There's a difference between jumping to somebody's defense, punching Trent in the jaw, grabbing Melanie and getting the hell out of there... and STABBING HIM. There's self-defense and then there's just lunacy. Blake Berris deserves so much better.
Excellent post, Brimike. Just what I wanted to say.
And didn't Nick have a bruised hand right after Trent's murder? I like your sane scenario better.

I love that they all turn on Melanie too after their precious Nick stabbed a man. Sometimes the Bradys/Hortons are so far up each other's ass that they can barely move. Lucas shoots a man in the back, and he is the town hero, Nick stabs a man in the back and it is someone else's fault. Nicole was falsely accused and she was treated like a pirahna and held for past crimes.

Gosh, I love this show!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Nov 13 2008, 09:09 AM
I love that they all turn on Melanie too after their precious Nick stabbed a man. Sometimes the Bradys/Hortons are so far up each other's ass that they can barely move. Lucas shoots a man in the back, and he is the town hero, Nick stabs a man in the back and it is someone else's fault. Nicole was falsely accused and she was treated like a pirahna and held for past crimes.

Gosh, I love this show!
Yep.

It's a sad day when you come to hate the Hortons, LoL.

...then again, what Hortons? :shrug:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

And so dies my dreams of a ship between Nick and Melanie. All I wanted was a story where Nick (who only wanted a girl who would commit to him ) finds a woman/girl who falls in love with him. I didn't mind him having to work for it, just so that I didn't have to worry that the girl will then appreciate Nick for the great guy he is and not throw him over for the first hunk that comes along.

So what happens? After teasing me cruelly with a triangle at him at the center, both girls that should be interested in him are moving to (inappropiate) love interests and Nick is left alone after he became a creepy obsessed stalker. I want the show to dive into his mental health and the family's but it occurs to me they might not do that. So what's left? And how could any girl even trust being with Nick now?

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny, this SL makes no freaking sense to me...But hell none of them do right now. I have no desire to tune back to this show. Higley is a mess.
Edited by Red Mist, Nov 13 2008, 09:40 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Jonatha!!!

I really wish I could care about this show...... :shrug:

sungrey

If they do nothing with the fact Nick's mother Jessica had a split personality, the whole story is a waste. Pure and simple.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

sungrey
Nov 13 2008, 11:33 AM
If they do nothing with the fact Nick's mother Jessica had a split personality, the whole story is a waste. Pure and simple.
I'm willing to bet that this entire story will pretty much waste the potential that the character of Nick has left, and they probably won't mention his Mom's mental trouble. In the preview for tomorrow it showed Maggie telling Melanie about Willow dying.....

Jonatha

Rhiannon
Nov 13 2008, 11:54 AM
sungrey
I'm willing to bet that this entire story will pretty much waste the potential that the character of Nick has left, and they probably won't mention his Mom's mental trouble. In the preview for tomorrow it showed Maggie telling Melanie about Willow dying.....
I agree, Rhiannon. Nick, one of the only Horton's remaining on the show, a young man who actually has an education, a terrific job and loads of potential, becomes a crazed maniac killer. Right here, Higley ---> :flipoff:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rhiannon
sungrey
They actually do mention it. It was in some of the spoilers Angie's source provided.

This sounds good. Thanks for posting Jonatha. Sounds like a HUGE week ahead and an exciting climax to a great story.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

man Nick why couldn't you push Melanie off the balcony for good..damn it missed opportunity

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Does anyone else here think that BB might be leaving the show? They can just lock Nick up in jail and leave him there for years now.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 13 2008, 12:12 PM
Rhiannon
sungrey
They actually do mention it. It was in some of the spoilers Angie's source provided.

This sounds good. Thanks for posting Jonatha. Sounds like a HUGE week ahead and an exciting climax to a great story.
Tim. darlin, you know I loves ya, but maybe you should change your name to "cockeyed optimist!" Never change.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I have no clue if this is BB exit story or not...I have not heard anything to suggest that it is...

The one thing going for it, is the new psychiatrist...

Jonatha

Charmqn
Nov 13 2008, 01:38 PM
I have no clue if this is BB exit story or not...I have not heard anything to suggest that it is...

According to the new soap magazines the new psychiatrist is being written in for John. We all know there's going to be some major cast cuts, it wouldn't be a big surprise is Blake is leaving. :shrug:

zyona

Charmqn
Nov 13 2008, 01:38 PM

The new psychiatrist is not for Nick it is for John.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Well, this is why I think BB could be leaving:

1) He's on the Starter Wife (maybe he's getting offered more opportunities outside of DOOL?)

2) Out of nowhere Nick became an alcoholic, pill popping psycho murderer.

3) It seemed like a Chelsea/Nick/Melanie triangle was being set up but now it looks like it might be Chelsea/Max and Stephanie/Philip/Melanie (at least for the moment)

So what is there for Nick to do on the show? I'm assuming there will be a trial for Trent's murder and he'll be convicted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply