Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Ali Sweeney baby shower pics
Topic Started: Nov 13 2008, 04:13 PM (2,040 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/11/alison-sweeney.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its remarkable how young and beautiful Ali looks!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Ali looks much better away from DAYS. And Ali's son always looks so happy and cheerful, what a cutie.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ali is so beautiful when she's happy. i wish we could see more of that on the show. hopefully she won't cry so much in the future as she has over the last few months.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Nice charity, but I don't know anyone that has a baby shower for their second child. :ermmmm:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I've known people who've had it for their third and fourth LOL.

This is great and Ben is such a cutie. She looks so much more happy and relaxed here. She looks nicer to.

I would've liked to see what Days stars were there.

Alligato
Member Avatar

You know, Jiggs, I thought that a baby shower was for the first child, but I am finding that my friends who have had children just 3 years ago are having showers again. I don't know if it is becuase they have new sets of mommy friends or just want to celebrate, but I get invites all the time.
Other than buying diapers, it really isn't too necessary.

Then again, I have NEVER been to a shower where "hot mom" supplies $1500 goody bags to the guests. Maybe that is why they have the shower...to get the goody bags. :)

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I personally would get pissed if someone invited me to a shower, expecting a gift, for a second or third child LOL

Sariah
Member Avatar

I didn't have a shower for my second boy, but I was thrown one for my third, a little girl that took a very long time in getting to our family. I actually needed a lot because it had been so long since I'd had a baby! :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Nov 19 2008, 05:20 PM
I personally would get pissed if someone invited me to a shower, expecting a gift, for a second or third child LOL
According to the article,the gifts were donated to charity, so it's not exactly like Allison was trying to be greedy. I think it's a nice gesture.

By the way, Leeza Gibbons apparently had a baby shower for Deidre Hall in 1995, the same year her second son was born.
unless this person is looking for a tape that doesn't exist. Scroll down to the Scarlett tape section,about halfway down. This could all be wrong, too, but it's interesting!
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 23 2008, 12:45 PM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Nov 19 2008, 05:20 PM

Why would that make you angry? Just throw out the invitation.

Wow, Dee Hall had a second baby shower thrown for her?

I'll bet it was all donated to charity, too.

Edited by SpriteEyes, Nov 23 2008, 02:04 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

That was a surprise baby shower that Leeza threw for her on her show, that Deidre didn't know about. About midway through the show, she had Wayne Northrup and Lynn Herring come out, Loni Anderson... Marla Maples called in to say hi. And she didn't have a big baby shower when David was born from the sounds of it. She said Jane Elliot and Lynn Herring got out and got everything they could possibly need and gave her a shower that way.
Edited by The Room Stops, Nov 23 2008, 02:32 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

My God, can we please stop it with the Deidre bullshit? How does Deidre having a second baby shower on Leeza have anything to do with Ali Sweeney?

I know that some of you are just itching to unleash the snark on each other, but the sarcasm and baiting is just getting ridiculous now.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 23 2008, 02:54 PM
My God, can we please stop it with the Deidre bullshit? How does Deidre having a second baby shower on Leeza have anything to do with Ali Sweeney?

I know that some of you are just itching to unleash the snark on each other, but the sarcasm and baiting is just getting ridiculous now.
Actually Kenny, what I think is happening is that for most people now, Sweeney has turned into the devil. And everything she has done is considered wrong from the get go. I don't know about other people, but it pisses me off lol As for the Dee bashing, if that is being done to combat the bashing of another actress, that is just as wrong.

Kenny
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 23 2008, 03:33 PM
Actually Kenny, what I think is happening is that for most people now, Sweeney has turned into the devil. And everything she has done is considered wrong from the get go. I don't know about other people, but it pisses me off lol As for the Dee bashing, if that is being done to combat the bashing of another actress, that is just as wrong.
I don't mind if someone wants to bash an actor or actresses work, but it's getting to the point where I think there is obvious baiting going on just to get an argument started -- such as bringing up the fact that Deidre had a second baby shower to a Deidre fan who just got through saying that she thinks second baby showers are tacky.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 23 2008, 03:44 PM
goldylicious
Nov 23 2008, 03:33 PM
I don't mind if someone wants to bash an actor or actresses work, but it's getting to the point where I think there is obvious baiting going on just to get an argument started -- such as bringing up the fact that Deidre had a second baby shower to a Deidre fan who just got through saying that she thinks second baby showers are tacky.
I hear what you are saying and I certainly don't want Dee bashed unfairly. But the Ali hate is out of control

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It also doesn't help when you do want to bash an actor or actress fairly or simply want to comment on them and end up taking it on the chin for no reason.

For example, I made the comment two weeks ago that Dee seemed "off" or not like herself at the Day of Days event. It wasn't even a negative comment yet, given the response, you would think I just insulted Dee's children or something.

The Ali hate is out of control and there is an awful lot of baiting but I also think the Dee fandom is a bit out of control too. Emotions are so high right now that it can get very heated. That is why I've backed off a bit myself lately as far as posting and such.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 23 2008, 03:57 PM.

jules

PhoenixRising05
Nov 23 2008, 03:56 PM
It also doesn't help when you do want to bash an actor or actress fairly or simply want to comment on them and end up taking it on the chin for no reason.

For example, I made the comment two weeks ago that Dee seemed "off" or not like herself at the Day of Days event. It wasn't even a negative comment yet, given the response, you would think I just insulted Dee's children or something.

The Ali hate is out of control and there is an awful lot of baiting but I also think the Dee fandom is a bit out of control too. Emotions are so high right now that it can get very heated. That is why I've backed off a bit myself lately as far as posting and such.
This is the typical response on this board. I'm so used to being talked down to as a J&M fan. It's seems OK to say that Ali bashing is out of control, but the reverse is never an option. It's OK. we'll all be gone soon enough lol!

peaches179

Kenny
Nov 23 2008, 02:54 PM

LOL! I agree.

daizy026
Member Avatar

awww....ali looks wonderful!!! can't wait till her little girl gets here!! ben is such a cutie...i wonder if he will be a protective big brother?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply