Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Clip of Eric's debut as Brady; second episode added
Topic Started: Nov 12 2008, 07:58 PM (2,070 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Wow, I thought he was great in those scenes. Dee was great too. She always does those mother/child scenes well

hops
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 12 2008, 08:18 PM
Wow, I thought he was great in those scenes. Dee was great too. She always does those mother/child scenes well
I saw all their scenes and I thought Deidre and Eric played off each other very well together, considering these were their first scenes. I agree that Deidre is very good at portraying maternal feelings, like dropping 'sweety' quietly as she passes him to get to the door. I'm glad Brady is going to move in with her and that they talked about John and giving him time to get to know him (Brady).

Ellie

hops
Nov 12 2008, 08:34 PM
goldylicious
Nov 12 2008, 08:18 PM
I saw all their scenes and I thought Deidre and Eric played off each other very well together, considering these were their first scenes. I agree that Deidre is very good at portraying maternal feelings, like dropping 'sweety' quietly as she passes him to get to the door. I'm glad Brady is going to move in with her and that they talked about John and giving him time to get to know him (Brady).
Completely agree with both of you. I really enjoyed these scenes! I thought Deidre, Drake and Eric were excellent. I thought Marlena was very 'motherly' towards Brady, and I think Deidre showed exactly the right natural excitement and caring that a mother would feel in that situation. Drake perfectly portrayed John's awkwardness and discomfort at seeing his son who he doesn't remember at all. And Eric hardly even seemed like a recast; he resembles Drake, for one thing, but beyond that, he fit right into the role, even tearing up a little as Brady realized the full extent of John's situation. Great dialogue and three great performances. I hope the J/M/Brady scenes continue in this vein, and I'm thrilled that finally I have something to look forward to on this show!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie ....

It was a good scene, not great - it will be interesting how Eric does with Ari and James coming up.

zyona

I like him, i think he looks more like John than the old Brady.

ejsbabymomma
Member Avatar

He's adorable, I look forward to watching him with Chloe and Nicole!

Mason
Member Avatar

LMAO!

What scenes were y'all watching? He still sucks ass!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

There is just something about Eric that does not say "Brady Black" to me.

:shrug:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I never really liked the character of Brady back in the day, but thanks to Eric Martsolf I'm actually looking forward to the character's return. Looks good so far and I loved Dee in this scene and see a lot of potential for Brady-John angst. Just wish Belle would come back now to complete the family (ShawnDuh can stay sailing around in circles in Salem Harbor for all I care).

jules

IMissAremid
Nov 12 2008, 09:42 PM
I never really liked the character of Brady back in the day, but thanks to Eric Martsolf I'm actually looking forward to the character's return. Looks good so far and I loved Dee in this scene and see a lot of potential for Brady-John angst. Just wish Belle would come back now to complete the family (ShawnDuh can stay sailing around in circles in Salem Harbor for all I care).
Couldn't agree more with all your points. I would love for Belle and Claire to come back without Shawn. Great potential for some real family interactions, but I'm sure Dena will mess this up like she always does.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Martsolf looks good with Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall. He definitely looks like he can be Hogestyn's son. However, I don't think his acting has improved at all. He was very stiff in those scenes, and you could tell he was trying. It didn't come off natural at all. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just nervous with having his first scenes with Hall and Hogestyn. I hope he warms up to them more because he was too stiff for my liking.

jmluv

Mason
Nov 12 2008, 09:34 PM
LMAO!

What scenes were y'all watching? He still sucks ass!
I thought Kyle Lowder sucked ass. LOL! I'm liking Eric as Brady.

Mason
Member Avatar

Lowder wasn't much better, but compared to Martsolf, he's like Robert f-ing DeNiro!

Kenny
Member Avatar

John is such a joke, and would someone PLEASE give him a hairstyle that doesn't look as if a giant hair UFO has landed atop his head?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kenny
Nov 12 2008, 10:57 PM
John is such a joke, and would someone PLEASE give him a hairstyle that doesn't look as if a giant hair UFO has landed atop his head?
I always thought it looked more like a hairstylest who formerly worked with Jim Henson was to blame.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Nov 12 2008, 10:57 PM
Ha. His hair was bugging me in this clip I have to admit. I just realized for some reason John reminds me of Christopher Walken these days and was trying to figure out if it was the hair.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 12 2008, 10:01 PM
Martsolf looks good with Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall. He definitely looks like he can be Hogestyn's son. However, I don't think his acting has improved at all. He was very stiff in those scenes, and you could tell he was trying. It didn't come off natural at all. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just nervous with having his first scenes with Hall and Hogestyn. I hope he warms up to them more because he was too stiff for my liking.
I like it,it was his first scene and the character is supposed to be nervous/tense,he was in rehab and now has to say sorry to everyone,I look forward to more scenes with Drake and Dee,Dee has GREAT chemistry with almost everyone,her and Josh Taylor in scenes is like watching paint dry.Eric was great,already love seeing him back again.

brimike

I think Eric will be fine in the long-run, as long as they create some kind of real foundation for the Brady character. He's always confused me - going from an angry young man to a guy who'd break out into song at a moment's notice... and then became an off-camera drug addict. I don't think the actor is terrible (though I do wish they found someone with more personality) - I just wish they'd zero in on who Brady Black is.

Kenny
Member Avatar

brimike
Nov 13 2008, 09:10 AM
He's always confused me - going from an angry young man to a guy who'd break out into song at a moment's notice... and then became an off-camera drug addict.
*sings*

I am seventeen, going on eighteen, I-I'll take ca-aaaare of YOU!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply