Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Clip of Eric's debut as Brady; second episode added
Topic Started: Nov 12 2008, 07:58 PM (1,942 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Kirk
Nov 13 2008, 06:50 PM
Oh and Deidre has been dreadful, I don't want to hear any excuses about how bad the writing is either. That's her damn job and right now Deidre is just phoning it in or she has forgotten how to act. :shame:
Ever since I've been watching DAYS, Dee has never impressed me. She's very hammy, stiff, bland, and those little orgasmic sounds she makes at times are just gag worthy. Don't get me started on the horrible way she cries as well.

She's one of those soap actors whose popularity I've never gotten. She's sucked for 15 or so years I've been watching DAYS.

I guess her acting went down severely over the years. I've seen clips of her from the 70's and early 80's where she had a lot of charisma, now, not so much....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 13 2008, 06:55 PM
Kirk
Oh and Deidre has been dreadful, I don't want to hear any excuses about how bad the writing is either. That's her damn job and right now Deidre is just phoning it in or she has forgotten how to act. :shame:
Ever since I've been watching DAYS, Dee has never impressed me. She's very hammy, stiff, bland, and those little orgasmic sounds she makes at times are just gag worthy. Don't get me started on the horrible way she cries as well.

She's one of those soap actors whose popularity I've never gotten. She's sucked for 15 or so years I've been watching DAYS.

I guess her acting went down severely over the years. I've seen clips of her from the 70's and early 80's where she had a lot of charisma, now, not so much....
The gasping kills me, if I am around others watching the show I am embarrassed at just how bad her acting is sometimes.

I have to disagree though, at times I think Deidre is a fantastic actress.

CatherineEarnshaw

Kirk
Nov 13 2008, 06:58 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Kirk

The gasping kills me, if I am around others watching the show I am embarrassed at just how bad her acting is sometimes.

I think like most soap veterans, she has picked up some bad habits over the years.

There are various reasons for that.

I disagree about her crying though. I think she is the best crier on daytime.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Kirk
Y&RWorldTurner
Kirk

It is hit or miss with Dee. I just know that I enjoy her scenes with her on screen children and I think that is where she shines. When she has her sex scenes though or her "dramatic" scenes with John, I gasp along with her lol Anyway, I thought Eric was great and he will make a good Brady. Certainly one better than Kyle Lowder :)

CatherineEarnshaw

goldylicious
Nov 13 2008, 07:08 PM
Kirk
Y&RWorldTurner
Kirk

It is hit or miss with Dee. I just know that I enjoy her scenes with her on screen children and I think that is where she shines. When she has her sex scenes though or her "dramatic" scenes with John, I gasp along with her lol Anyway, I thought Eric was great and he will make a good Brady. Certainly one better than Kyle Lowder :)
Deidre isn't a soap icon imo because of her maternal scenes. VEry few actresses are still viable love interests at 61 or been part of three really popular soap couples (esp her pairing with Drake.)

jmluv

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 13 2008, 06:53 PM
I think Deidre is often the best actress on soaps. She is wonderful at playing the romantic heroine, the strong heroine, the mother, and she has great sexual chemistry with Drake.
ITA! I think Deidre is an amazing actress but there isn't much for her to do with her current storyline. IMO, Deidre is Days. There is a reason why they introduced her last along with Drake at the 2008 fanfest at universal studios. NBC knows that she's the sh*t. lol It's too bad they don't know it enough to show her more often.

CatherineEarnshaw

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 13 2008, 07:10 PM
goldylicious
Kirk
Y&RWorldTurner
Kirk

Deidre isn't a soap icon imo because of her maternal scenes. VEry few actresses are still viable love interests at 61 or been part of three really popular soap couples (esp her pairing with Drake.)

I liked what Mrs. Corday said about Hall and Hogestyn: She had never seen two people i all the years she was at Days connect so fast.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I don't understand those saying that Deidre is phoning it in or that we're back to Deidre of 05-06. During the years I have watched Days she has always been good.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
That kinda turns me on ;)

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 13 2008, 07:10 PM
goldylicious
Kirk
Y&RWorldTurner
Kirk

I thought she was a soap icon cause she played a character who was possessed by the devil lol Seriously, I don't doubt her popularity or how successful her romantic pairings have been, but her plastic surgery has certainly helped her stay looking youthful and a viable romantic leading lady. And there isn't anything wrong with that. I just don't enjoy her in those scenes.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Just watched the whole show. I think he did a decent job for it being the first day in the role. He is cute and looks like he could be John's son too.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I watched about 15 mins of today's CA episode! He looks a little like John too, so I think he's more ideal to play the role of Brady. Hid chemistry with Nadia was also fair better.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Nov 13 2008, 07:46 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
You totally just typed exactly what I was thinkin ;) Love the lil moans. To each his/her own.

LovingDays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3F-GkQaZes

LovingDays

I love Eric

He's an awesome Recast for Brady
Edited by LovingDays, Nov 13 2008, 09:08 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Are we going to have a thread for his third and fourth days, as well? LoL

Mason

Kenny
Nov 13 2008, 09:10 PM
Are we going to have a thread for his third and fourth days, as well? LoL
I hope not. I only need one to say how much he sucks, LoL.

hops
Member Avatar

Hergie23
Nov 13 2008, 08:39 PM
Sindacco
Nov 13 2008, 07:46 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
You totally just typed exactly what I was thinkin ;) Love the lil moans. To each his/her own.
go figure....I love them too, lol. They've got passion baby. :D

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LovingDays
Nov 13 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks! I merged the threads.

LiZa
Member Avatar

Nixsoaps
Nov 12 2008, 09:37 PM
There is just something about Eric that does not say "Brady Black" to me.

:shrug:
I agree, he is bad as Brady. Maybe if he was Eric or someone else. I had to do a double take at the screen. I couldn't figure out who the heck he was. At first i thought it was the other Philip (Kyle Brandt)Then i realize he was suppose to be Brady. Horrible. He is not a good Brady Black at all.
Edited by LiZa, Nov 13 2008, 11:31 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply