Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Clip of Eric's debut as Brady; second episode added
Topic Started: Nov 12 2008, 07:58 PM (1,892 Views)
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Nov 14 2008, 02:04 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 14 2008, 02:04 AM
Dee was good on Thursday IMO.

Wednesday and basically since August (right around the time Ed Scott left) she has been horrid. And don't blame the writing, story, or what have you. There are good actors that can rise above the writing and good ones that can't. She can't, at least not in the last decade.

The gasping and moaning is beyond annoying. Ed Scott must have done something to keep her in check because she never did any of that unless a scene called for it while he was there. Never. None of the other Days actors have fallen into bad habits. She has and I hope someone calls her on it. Today, she was fine but that was like the first time in awhile she was IMO.

I also don't see Dee phoning it in because of the writing. She says all the right things but I doubt she cares. Even when JER was writing her horribly and even with all the times the show hasn't used her in recent times, she has never said anything bad or critical of the show. I think she's just at a point in her life where she wants to work and just loves being there. Otherwise, I think things would be different because I don't think she pushes as much as Drake as far as making sure the writers do right by her and her story. I think she used to but not anymore.

There are a lot of times I roll my eyes at some of the mannerisms Deidre Hall has, but I've never gotten all the bashing about this gasping and moaning stuff. I just don't see it. Now, with Alison Sweeney, I see gasping and heavy breathing constantly.

I wanna hit Ali in the face sometime when she opens her mouth,sorry,but when she's crying or most of the time shouting she hurts my ears,sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard.

Far as Dee goes,I LOVE everything she does,I find the whining and bitching about mannerisms sad,we all have our own mannerisms that could be considered annoying,but I actually find her a turn on,when kissing Drake what is she supposed to be stone quiet,yeah thats realistic. :eyeroll:

Anywho I thought the topic was about Eric not Deidre,E is doing great right now,I am excited to see more.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Nov 14 2008, 04:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Nov 14 2008, 04:37 PM
Jiggs
There are a lot of times I roll my eyes at some of the mannerisms Deidre Hall has, but I've never gotten all the bashing about this gasping and moaning stuff. I just don't see it. Now, with Alison Sweeney, I see gasping and heavy breathing constantly.

There are times when Deidre Hall has made me cringe. But I can say that about several of my other favorites too. Most of the time I find her mannerisms endearing. I don't get all the criticism either, other than bashing for the sake of bashing. I can list a whole bunch of actors with far worse habits.

I didn't see any of it in her recent performances.
ITA, most actors have a few annoying mannerisms. It annoys me to no end when MBE licks and bites on her lips constantly, for example.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Nov 14 2008, 05:13 PM
Flying Monkey
Jiggs

There are times when Deidre Hall has made me cringe. But I can say that about several of my other favorites too. Most of the time I find her mannerisms endearing. I don't get all the criticism either, other than bashing for the sake of bashing. I can list a whole bunch of actors with far worse habits.

ITA, most actors have a few annoying mannerisms. It annoys me to no end when MBE licks and bites on her lips constantly, for example.
I love Joe Mascolo's Stefano but he can be overly dramatic at times. James Scott's constant blinking can be distracting and annoying at times. I could go on and on.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Nov 14 2008, 05:21 PM
Jiggs
Flying Monkey
Jiggs

I love Joe Mascolo's Stefano but he can be overly dramatic at times. James Scott's constant blinking can be distracting and annoying at times. I could go on and on.
Yea, don't get me started!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Flying Monkey
Jiggs

I've never noticed that..The one that annoys me on occasion is how often James Scott blinks his eyes..that can be a little distracting..But i still think he's a great actor..

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I miss Kyle. Eric is completely bland.

Nicole Walker

You know when someone first pointed out how much James blinks his eyes, I thought they were full of it but when I actually paid attention and watched him, I couldn't believe how many times he blinked. I've never seen anything like it. LOL. He's still HOT.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply