Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of 12/1; *UPDATED 11/26*
Topic Started: Nov 14 2008, 01:21 AM (13,540 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thursday
Kate's condition worsens and her family members are tested to see if they can donate bone marrow.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Just a reminder for anyone reading......

Daytime Royalty does not censor the strong critique of writers, actors and actresses. If they don't want to be critiqued, they shouldn't be in the business!

To read the entire COS (Board Rules) click below........ :smile:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/boardrules/

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Angie79
Nov 20 2008, 07:32 PM
Thursday
Kate's condition worsens and her family members are tested to see if they can donate bone marrow.
Sounds like the Christmas miracle in the works.Unless the A.D.D. writer changes her mind :drunk: I'd like to see a happy end to the year for DATE

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday
Nicole worries her fake pregnancy will be exploited; Lucas tells Kate he proposed to Chloe.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Gosh. I'm so out of the loop.

I thought Nicole's pregnancy was for real?!?!? Or, did she miscarry and then pretend to still be pregnant? I really wanted Nicole to successfully carry this baby to term. She's dealt with a lot of crap, and this would be good for her, and an excellent spin on her character.

I like the idea of Lucas and Chloe ... if it lasts! I expect it won't especially with Brady being back in town.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

zyona
Nov 20 2008, 12:18 AM
I guess the new Doc is out now.
Out before she even started?

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Nov 22 2008, 03:39 PM
Gosh. I'm so out of the loop.

I thought Nicole's pregnancy was for real?!?!? Or, did she miscarry and then pretend to still be pregnant? I really wanted Nicole to successfully carry this baby to term. She's dealt with a lot of crap, and this would be good for her, and an excellent spin on her character.

I like the idea of Lucas and Chloe ... if it lasts! I expect it won't especially with Brady being back in town.
Nicole miscarries, then pretends still being pregnant to EJ.

Kyrai

Ellie
Nov 19 2008, 11:12 PM
Angie79
Nov 19 2008, 11:04 PM
Wednesday
John warms up to his new doctor and agrees to participate in therapy sessions
Thanks Angie!

So, we're already in December here, and what did Corday say, January for when J&M would go "offscreen"? I'm sure that means they're doing rewrites and that most of this will be irrelevant to however their story ends. Not that there's continuity in Higley's writing anyway.
I can see this leading into John and Marlena getting together.

I think the doctor can help John feel a bit better about himself and make him less harsh, more his old self. He comes across to me as having given up sometimes with his 'Nothing can be done for me' comments. I think if Marlena sees that the new doctor likes John as he is, it may make her see John in a new light vs not being old John.

I'd like both of them to grow, and I'd like to see Marlena a little jealous. I always loved both of them jealous. Would be pretty nice to see John ask her for a date, and Marlena to ask him, wouldn't you prefer to go out with her? and for him to reply 'she's just my shrink. You're the love of my life'. I'm no writer, but something along those lines.

With time running out, they may just have Rolf slap John's memories back in. I'd kinda be disappointed if they do it that way after waiting all year, but at this point, I'd just like J&M to be back to that deeply caring special relationship before they go off. I'd just like to see them smile at one another genuinely again, and for him to be stroking her arm or rubbing her cheek, like he always did. Those little gestures always meant more to me than anything.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

* Nicole convinces Dr. Baker to lie to EJ.

* Steve and Kayla try to enjoy a romantic evening together.

* Lucas tells Kate about his proposal to Chloe.

* Stefano calls for an obstetrician to examine Nicole.

* Melanie tells Maggie that she’s ready to prove herself to Philip.

Thursday – Daniel finds a bone marrow match for Kate.

Friday – Rafe heads to the DiMera mansion looking for info about the mayor’s killer.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

LovingDays

Think is the best week for the last few months
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 19 2008, 11:12 PM
Angie79
Nov 19 2008, 11:04 PM
Wednesday
John warms up to his new doctor and agrees to participate in therapy sessions
Thanks Angie!

So, we're already in December here, and what did Corday say, January for when J&M would go "offscreen"? I'm sure that means they're doing rewrites and that most of this will be irrelevant to however their story ends. Not that there's continuity in Higley's writing anyway.
Thats certainly true.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daily spoilers

Monday, December 1st
Marlena upsets John by telling Brady of his therapy session; Nicole sees Dr. Baker at the clinic; EJ tries to get info from Baker; Nicole begs for Brady's discretion; Kate learns that the cancer has spread; the news impacts Chloe.

Tuesday, December 2nd
Dr.Baker asks if he can tell EJ about Nicole's situation; Rafe finds the medal that Sister Theresa gave to Sami; Bo brings a box for Max to the pub; Melanie's new boss visits; Stephanie gives Philip a hug and kiss.

Wednesday, December 3rd
EJ tells Stefano about Nicole's hospital stay; John agrees to therapy with Dr. Taylor; Sam is determined to contact Sister Taylor alone; Steve and Kayla talk about managing family and work, then plan a romantic night.

Thursday, December 4th
Kate's family members undergo testing for bone-marrow match; Melanie wants to prove her worth at Titan; Kayla and Steve recognize Stephanie's feelings for Philip; Charlotte opens her practice next to Marlena.

Friday, December 5th
Rafe arranges for Hilda to bring a Christmas tree to Sami; Hilda and Sami bond; Stefano says he has an OB/GYN coming to Salem; Nicole begins to panic; Lucas tells Kate about his proposal; Chloe wants to donate bone marrow to Kate.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm already falling asleep.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm glad that we will get to see Steve and Kayla's response to Phillip and Stephanie..I'm so pleased that Days seems to be going forward with this coupling..I just hope Jay really is staying..

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kevc1980
Nov 26 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm glad that we will get to see Steve and Kayla's response to Phillip and Stephanie..I'm so pleased that Days seems to be going forward with this coupling..I just hope Jay really is staying..
I am glad to see S&K invovled in that too! There is potential for a good storyline there.

marisol40

Heaven help us!! I know that this show can't be House, but please, can one of these friggin writers google bone marrow transplants before they put stuff out there. Chloe can not give bone marrow to Kate because she has a history of having a hematological cancer (leukemia).

Here I'll even help them.

http://www.kantrowitz.com/cancerpoints/donatingblood.html

Here is another point that I want to put out there.

There are over 20,000 types of bone marrow, so the average person has a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a match. But yet, there is Kate's convenient bone marrow donor just standing a foot away from her bed. What are the chances??

Plus, didn't Chloe tell someone that she is still taking medication to keep her body from rejecting her own bone marrow?? So how in the world is she just going to open up the veins and just let it flow? This is exactly the type of crap that pisses me off about this show. They have no respect for people who are battling this sad illness and they are using this as a plot device so that it gives Daniel the excuse to feel up Chloe during an exam. :soapbox:
Edited by marisol40, Nov 26 2008, 04:45 PM.

finelildiva05

marisol40
Nov 26 2008, 04:44 PM
Heaven help us!! I know that this show can't be House, but please, can one of these friggin writers google bone marrow transplants before they put stuff out there. Chloe can not give bone marrow to Kate because she has a history of having a hematological cancer (leukemia).

There are over 20,000 types of bone marrow, so the average person has a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a match. But yet, there is Kate's convenient bone marrow donor just standing a foot away from her bed. What are the chances??

Plus, didn't Chloe tell someone that she is still taking medication to keep her body from rejecting her own bone marrow?? So how in the world is she just going to open up the veins and just let it flow? This is exactly the type of crap that pisses me off about this show. They have no respect for people who are battling this sad illness and they are using this as a plot device so that it gives Daniel the excuse to feel up Chloe during an exam. :soapbox:
You make a very good point. But those writers aren't even smart enough to do any REAL research for this storyline. But the least they can do is look at the show history.

A couple of years ago when Chloe had cancer and she needed a bone marrow transplant, everyone including Kate was tested to see if they were a match to Chloe. No one was, hints the reason why Nancy and Craig had a baby so Chloe's baby sister could donate the bone marrow to her. There is no way on this green earth, can Kate and Chloe not match for bone marrow years ago but all of sudden they are a match years later.

How stupid does the writers think we are?!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

finelildiva05
Nov 26 2008, 05:37 PM
marisol40

You make a very good point. But those writers aren't even smart enough to do any REAL research for this storyline. But the least they can do is look at the show history.

A couple of years ago when Chloe had cancer and she needed a bone marrow transplant, everyone including Kate was tested to see if they were a match to Chloe. No one was, hints the reason why Nancy and Craig had a baby so Chloe's baby sister could donate the bone marrow to her. There is no way on this green earth, can Kate and Chloe not match for bone marrow years ago but all of sudden they are a match years later.

How stupid does the writers think we are?!
AND how does someone undergoing chemo for lung cancer not have any signs???? No hair loss??? No looking physically drained.....chemo is a poison it takes a toll on a person......I've seen it first hand and for them to have Kate looking like a million bucks is just WRONG!!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

marisol40

*hugs marisol40*

Thank you. Really, thank you. This storyline is absolutely ridiculous and I can't even believe some of the crap I just read.

Kate learns that the cancer has spread; the news impacts Chloe

It impacts Chloe, it impacts CHLOE?!?! How about it impacts KATE, or her children, or Victor, or her doctors?!?! Days just can't do real issues. This is why I not only don't respect the show, I don't care about it. I don't give a fuck about Chole in this storyline, not anymore. If they wanted to use her to help Kate, YOU DON'T USE HER LIKE THIS. It's impossible, insulting to my intelligence, and offensive to people who've suffered through the actual disease and didn't have miracle bone marrow donors on hand. So again, thank you marisol40.

Rant over. For now.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Nov 26 2008, 05:56 PM
marisol40

*hugs marisol40*

Thank you. Really, thank you. This storyline is absolutely ridiculous and I can't even believe some of the crap I just read.

Kate learns that the cancer has spread; the news impacts Chloe

It impacts Chloe, it impacts CHLOE?!?! How about it impacts KATE, or her children, or Victor, or her doctors?!?! Days just can't do real issues. This is why I not only don't respect the show, I don't care about it. I don't give a fuck about Chole in this storyline, not anymore. If they wanted to use her to help Kate, YOU DON'T USE HER LIKE THIS. It's impossible, insulting to my intelligence, and offensive to people who've suffered through the actual disease and didn't have miracle bone marrow donors on hand. So again, thank you marisol40.

Rant over. For now.
Seriously. This is worse then making Bo's illness all about Chelsea. At least he was her father. This is the most ridiculous, contrived...UGH.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply