Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of 12/1; *UPDATED 11/26*
Topic Started: Nov 14 2008, 01:21 AM (13,343 Views)
Ives
Member Avatar

If I didn't trust Angie so much, I would have thought that it was a misprint to see S&K on TWO days in a week. Before last Friday, the last scene they shared together was the end of September.

Nothing like flushing talent and money down the drain . . .
Edited by Ives, Nov 26 2008, 09:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marisol40
Nov 26 2008, 04:44 PM
Heaven help us!! I know that this show can't be House, but please, can one of these friggin writers google bone marrow transplants before they put stuff out there. Chloe can not give bone marrow to Kate because she has a history of having a hematological cancer (leukemia).

Here I'll even help them.

http://www.kantrowitz.com/cancerpoints/donatingblood.html

Here is another point that I want to put out there.

There are over 20,000 types of bone marrow, so the average person has a 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a match. But yet, there is Kate's convenient bone marrow donor just standing a foot away from her bed. What are the chances??

Plus, didn't Chloe tell someone that she is still taking medication to keep her body from rejecting her own bone marrow?? So how in the world is she just going to open up the veins and just let it flow? This is exactly the type of crap that pisses me off about this show. They have no respect for people who are battling this sad illness and they are using this as a plot device so that it gives Daniel the excuse to feel up Chloe during an exam. :soapbox:
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't even think all types of cancer patients were candidates for bone marrow transplants, just leukemia victims. I guess, though, since cancer lowers the immune system, any type of cancer might need this? But you bring up excellent points. A very bad lack of history checking on their part.
They can't even consider bringing Billie back, or are they? Even offscreen? Billie would be on the plane in a heartbeat. If they don't even mention her, there's more pisspoor research or character screw-ups. Despite what some fans here might feel about Billie, Billie would BE ON THAT DAMN PLANE. They could have her at the hospital and just not shown, if they don't want to recast her. Or, be tested in England and have the results faxed. Anything. If they leave Billie out...................grrrrrrrrrrr.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 27 2008, 11:41 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Nov 26 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm glad that we will get to see Steve and Kayla's response to Phillip and Stephanie..I'm so pleased that Days seems to be going forward with this coupling..I just hope Jay really is staying..
I agree and it seems we will get some Victor involvement too, at least initially. Hope that continues because this does have enormous potential.

This all sounds good but the Chloe/Kate stuff just annoys me. It has dramatic potential but makes no sense given Chloe's history. Ugh.

Lorijean0

Ponz
Nov 14 2008, 10:01 AM
Angie79
Nov 14 2008, 01:21 AM
From "anonymous". Thanks so much!

For the week of December 1st:

---Miraculously, it appears that Nicole is still "pregnant." After learning she would never be able to conceive another child, she bought fake pregnancy padding. Meanwhile, EJ was trying to get the truth out of Dr. Baker. No go. Dr. Baker told him he had to ask Nicole. How long will her secret remain safe? Brady was shocked to find her still pretending to be pregnant, EJ was still pressuring Dr. Baker and Stefano wanted her to see his personal physician. To make matters worse, Rafe (who was sneaking around the DiMera Mansion) saw her readjust her "belly." Things are not looking good for Nicole.

---Sami learned that Rafe had done some digging and now understood why she was afraid to raise her baby as a DiMera. Later, Rafe found the medal from the convent. Sami begged him to take her back and he reluctantly agreed. Sami learned more: the Holy Cross had helped Rafe in his past. Unfortunately, he wasn't about to let Sami see Sister Theresa alone. When a homeless man entered, Rafe freaked. He rushed Sami back to the loft and told her they weren't going out again. But crafty Sami had taken a pamphlet with Sister Theresa's phone number on it. Sami softened to Rafe when he arranged for Hilda to bring her a Christmas tree and new photos of her kids.

---Kate knew something was up when Daniel looked unhappy at her welcome home party. She was right. The bad news? Her cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and bone marrow and she needed a transplant. All of her family members were tested as donors. Daniel and Philip insisted they weren't giving up. Daniel gave Kate a Christmas ornament.

---Chloe was beyond thrilled when Lucas proposed; when they learned about Kate's relapse and went to the hospital, however, she slipped off the ring. Later, Chloe got a big surprise: she is a match for Kate. Daniel had even found a way that she could be a donor, but Kate refused when she learned it could harm Chloe. Chloe insisted and Kate gave her blessing to Lucas on his upcoming nuptials.

---Melanie got a visit from her new boss, Philip, who gave her a long list of tasks. She promised to deliver. Stephanie was shocked to learn Philip had hired her nemesis, but was impressed when she got his reasons why. She gave him a sweet hug and a kiss. Philip was not as receptive to Melanie's attempt at a hug and this put her in a bad mood. Maggie noticed. All Melanie would say was that she wanted to get to work and prove what an asset she's going to be to Titan.

"Dena doesn't care about the rich history of the show, which is evident in what she writes. She wants to write stories that she thinks are interesting but nobody else does."
- Erika Slezak

I like the fact that Rafe sends Hilda after a Christmas tree and some pictures of Sami's children for her. That is proving to me that he's starting to care for her. I think he understands her situation and as time goes on he'll understand it a little better. This is a great story line and its interesting, other than her , Ej, and Lucas goin at each other throats .I watch that until I cant watch no more. But I am welcoming Rafe and Sami as a breathe of fresh air.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

They're fucking the whole show up.. :frustration:

daisysmommy

Do SN and MBE even have contracts? Weren't they up earlier this year? And has Deidre Hall been without one since August?

And are the other actors' paycuts gonna affect their actual 'work time'? In other words, will they have lower guarantees at the same rate or same # epis for reduced wage? And btw, I think they at NBC have Sweeney over a barrel re DOOL-- the host of Biggest Loser show is clearly replaceable-- the only people that are not are Michaels and Harper.

I am telling you, it will almost be a relief when Jan 23 rolls around and I can just de-Tivo this mess.

Also, since I am at this point utterly random, why haven't the DHs spoken yet? Just confirms from their publicists-- seems strange with all the mainstream media attention coverage it is getting. Are they seriously gonna wait til they stop taping to say anything? And then, it's possible that it will all be bullshit anyway-- as it was when they did this LAST year...

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Nov 26 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm glad that we will get to see Steve and Kayla's response to Phillip and Stephanie..I'm so pleased that Days seems to be going forward with this coupling..I just hope Jay really is staying..
Yeah but I would like to see Victor involved too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

daisysmommy
Nov 30 2008, 04:28 PM
Do SN and MBE even have contracts? Weren't they up earlier this year? And has Deidre Hall been without one since August?

And are the other actors' paycuts gonna affect their actual 'work time'? In other words, will they have lower guarantees at the same rate or same # epis for reduced wage? And btw, I think they at NBC have Sweeney over a barrel re DOOL-- the host of Biggest Loser show is clearly replaceable-- the only people that are not are Michaels and Harper.

I am telling you, it will almost be a relief when Jan 23 rolls around and I can just de-Tivo this mess.

Also, since I am at this point utterly random, why haven't the DHs spoken yet? Just confirms from their publicists-- seems strange with all the mainstream media attention coverage it is getting. Are they seriously gonna wait til they stop taping to say anything? And then, it's possible that it will all be bullshit anyway-- as it was when they did this LAST year...

Good website for all your contract questions.....

daisysmommy

Thank you...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply