Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Casting Shocker!; JKJ
Topic Started: Nov 14 2008, 01:43 PM (12,099 Views)
jane1978

DrewHamilton
Nov 18 2008, 01:01 PM
I just read that Johnson is still with DAYS and that the news was a mistake.
Thanks! I hope you are right. I just saw today´s episode and he and Shelley really clicks together. I´m sorry for Phloe fans but Phil/Steph could be the kind of fresh, longterm romance DAYS so desperately needs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
Are you referring to that Fairman thing that said a Days spokesperson said, "Jay is still Philip," or something different? To me, saying "Jay is still Philip" can be true if he's still playing out his last contract, but it's not the same thing as saying, "Days and JKJ have reached terms on a new contract."

Sindacco
Member Avatar

King
Nov 18 2008, 12:43 PM
The funny thing is I bet JKJ expected fans to be outraged over his departure and start a campaign to get him back and thus have the show accommodate the salary he was asking for...but the DH's totally overshadowed this and now JKJ leaving doesn't seem so bad. LOL.
Most Jay fans want him to leave Days because they are disappointed with all the dropped storylines since he returned.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Link please?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I hope the blurb is true and he is staying. He is needed and him and Shelley are great together.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jay Back On DAYS
Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) returned to work this week, though he reportedly cleared out his dressing room last week. But that doesn't mean it's for good. "Jay is still under contract," explains a setsider. "He had to come back." Negotiations between Johnson and the show are ongoing.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Angie79
Nov 20 2008, 11:02 PM
Jay Back On DAYS
Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) returned to work this week, though he reportedly cleared out his dressing room last week. But that doesn't mean it's for good. "Jay is still under contract," explains a setsider. "He had to come back." Negotiations between Johnson and the show are ongoing.

So now we go from "he stormed off" to "he's BACCCK" to "it's still up in the air".

Posted Image

DANG, these people make my head hurt!

daysfan
Member Avatar

I'm really not too shocked. I figured that once Drake and Deidre were gone, things with Jay would change.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jay Back On DAYS

Thanks for posting. I wish I just knew one way or the other whether or not he was staying. I hate all this ping-ponging around.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, at least he is back and negotiations are ongoing. That is all that matters right now.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Nov 20 2008, 11:08 PM
Angie79
Jay Back On DAYS

So now we go from "he stormed off" to "he's BACCCK" to "it's still up in the air".

Posted Image

I never thought that second report ("Jay is still Philip") meant anything other than he would finish out his contract; it told me nothing about whether he was negotiating a new one. If negotiations really are "ongoing," I'm curious how that affects other cast members, i.e., are they promising Jay there will be more money for him as the cast is winnowed down? If "everybody" has to sacrifice, and allegedly PR and KA have taken pay cuts (granted, I'm sure they made more, understandably) then I could see some hard feelings if Jay stays with the show but doesn't have to take a pay cut. I don't know, just thinking out loud. As I've said before, if he's going to be romantically involved with Melanie in any way I'd rather he was gone.

King
Member Avatar

I think Philip's return has stunk, and JKJ's acting is mediocre at best. I don't know where he thinks he is going. JMO though, ahha.
Edited by King, Nov 22 2008, 08:01 AM.

jane1978

Paxton
Nov 21 2008, 02:56 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 20 2008, 11:08 PM
Angie79
Jay Back On DAYS

Posted Image

I never thought that second report ("Jay is still Philip") meant anything other than he would finish out his contract; it told me nothing about whether he was negotiating a new one. If negotiations really are "ongoing," I'm curious how that affects other cast members, i.e., are they promising Jay there will be more money for him as the cast is winnowed down? If "everybody" has to sacrifice, and allegedly PR and KA have taken pay cuts (granted, I'm sure they made more, understandably) then I could see some hard feelings if Jay stays with the show but doesn't have to take a pay cut. I don't know, just thinking out loud. As I've said before, if he's going to be romantically involved with Melanie in any way I'd rather he was gone.
I really don´t know what happened between Jay and the show last week and if he walked out or not. But reading the spoilers and watching the show I clearly see the show counts with him much more than with Jarlena, Stayla or Tanna. Someone decided to really go forward with the Phillip/Stephanie romance and they will be on a lot building up the couple so if Jay leaves it hurts them a lot. That´s why I think Jay´s position is better. Of course, if he is completely unreasonable they will have to recast him anyway (as I think write Phillip off is completely out of question right now) but I think Tomlin and Co. will do anything in his power to keep him.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Johnson and Henning really click and I think that Philip and Stephanie have loads of potential. If only the romance was started when Steve and Kayla had custody of Philip's son. There would have been a lot of conflict right from the very beginning. I hope Jay stays and if he doesnt take a paycut, well, he may not have been making that much to begin with.

cjknick
Member Avatar

My guess is the Jay was playing hardball negotiations broke down, Jay went on his soap cruise only to return to the news that Drake and Dee were let go and he decided that playing hardball was not going to work because if Dee and Drake can be let go anybody could be let go so he's back to work and going back to the table.

Ives
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 22 2008, 01:20 PM
Johnson and Henning really click and I think that Philip and Stephanie have loads of potential. If only the romance was started when Steve and Kayla had custody of Philip's son. There would have been a lot of conflict right from the very beginning. I hope Jay stays and if he doesnt take a paycut, well, he may not have been making that much to begin with.
And for a very long time there have been fans excited about the potential for this pairing. It is not like a new idea or anything. It would be great if this could be a vehicle to get Victor on our screens more . . .

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

jane1978
Nov 18 2008, 01:25 PM
DrewHamilton
Thanks! I hope you are right. I just saw today´s episode and he and Shelley really clicks together. I´m sorry for Phloe fans but Phil/Steph could be the kind of fresh, longterm romance DAYS so desperately needs.
Fresh? What's so fresh about them?

PHELLE FOREVER

SpriteEyes
Nov 23 2008, 11:30 AM
jane1978
Nov 18 2008, 01:25 PM
DrewHamilton
Fresh? What's so fresh about them?
I dont get it either. And I also don't see this great chemistry that some say that they have. I am probably being bias though, as no one holds a candle to Philip/Belle for me!

Posted Image

Thank you Shirley for the "hot" PHELLE banner!

[/quote]

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

I had heard a former ATWT member was up for the role of Phillip had JKJ not come back....could any of you see Dylan Bruce as Phillip?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply