Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Casting Shocker!; JKJ
Topic Started: Nov 14 2008, 01:43 PM (12,081 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

They've been completely wasting the character of Phillip, and Phil has never come out on top when it comes to the Brady/Chloe/Phil triangle, would rather see Phillip leave town then get saddled with Melanie......

JKJ hasn't looked that into his scenes in quite awhile anyway......

Let's see what Passions actor could they possibly get to fill this role?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i read on another board that kyle brandt is working with jim rome's sports show, and seems to be happy doing that, so thank god, he's probably not in the running for a recasted phillip.

a recast is totally out of the question, as far as i am concerned.

jane1978

Sindacco
Nov 14 2008, 01:58 PM
jane1978
Nov 14 2008, 01:53 PM
cjknick
Nov 14 2008, 01:43 PM
DAYS Casting Shocker!
Hot on the heels of the news that DAYS got a pickup (at an extremely reduced fee from NBC), Digest has learned that negotiations between the show and Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) have broken down and the actor cleared out his dressing room yesterday. Money is said to be the main issue. "Everyone is being asked to take a paycut," reports an insider. Sources say the show is looking for a potential recast and actors are being brought into the studio today to read. A DAYS spokesperson says, "No comment."

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Weird. Can he really just leave so easily? I understand the contract talks can broke down, but he still has to stay till his current contract ends, hasnīt he? Otherwise the show can sue him.
They can end an actors contract after every 13 week period.
Yes, I know. But the actors cannot. Thatīs why all the newbies are immediatelly given a three year contracts. And this sounds like JKJ is the one who left, forcing the show looking for a quick recast.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Kyle Brandt is busy working behind the scenes now. He is a writer in the Jim Rome show (some sports show on ESPN).

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OMG! :OhMy:

This is devistating news. I love Johnson and he's the only Philip for me. I can't believe he's leaving again. Although, I must say that if he's not willing to be a team member, just like everyone else, then he should go. All of the other actors are willing to take paycuts. What makes him so special?

Charmqn
Member Avatar

so they keep Melanie and say bye to JKJ? So fucking wrong

jcar03
Member Avatar

jane1978
Nov 14 2008, 02:02 PM
Sindacco
jane1978
cjknick
DAYS Casting Shocker!
Hot on the heels of the news that DAYS got a pickup (at an extremely reduced fee from NBC), Digest has learned that negotiations between the show and Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) have broken down and the actor cleared out his dressing room yesterday. Money is said to be the main issue. "Everyone is being asked to take a paycut," reports an insider. Sources say the show is looking for a potential recast and actors are being brought into the studio today to read. A DAYS spokesperson says, "No comment."

Weird. Can he really just leave so easily? I understand the contract talks can broke down, but he still has to stay till his current contract ends, hasnīt he? Otherwise the show can sue him.
Yes, I know. But the actors cannot. Thatīs why all the newbies are immediatelly given a three year contracts. And this sounds like JKJ is the one who left, forcing the show looking for a quick recast.
Yeah, The show can choose to end an actor contract every 13 weeks but an actor can't up and leave every 13 weeks. He started in January 2007 so he probably started filming in December so who knows when his contract is up.

Mason

Charmqn
Nov 14 2008, 02:04 PM
According to Nelson, there might be hope after all that Melanie is on the chopping block. :)

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

jane1978
Nov 14 2008, 02:02 PM
Sindacco
jane1978
cjknick
DAYS Casting Shocker!

Negotiations were probably down to the wire, as I think his contract was set to expire in December. Knowing DAYS, they most likely promised him one salary, and then changed it at the last minute because of the budget cuts.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Nov 14 2008, 02:05 PM
Charmqn
Nov 14 2008, 02:04 PM
According to Nelson, there might be hope after all that Melanie is on the chopping block. :)
Well, there's some cold comfort. I guess I'll take what I can get--that's what the show has taught me to do.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

This is fucking ridiculous. Let them keep taking on Passions' rejects while talented, recognizable actors go, and see where it gets them.

Budget my ass. STOP HIRING OTHER MALES IF IT'S SUCH A PROBLEM. Ugh.
Edited by fenderbabe, Nov 14 2008, 02:07 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Honestly, I don't blame anyone from not taking a pay cut. Now demanding more money would be wrong but lets be honest most of us wouldn't take a pay cut at our jobs if we could go somewhere else and make the same.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

they will be no other Phillip to me...so wrong

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This sucks. I don't want a Philip recast. I understand they have story planned for Philip, but they stuck gold with the pairing of Johnson and Shelley Henning thus far. Who knows if the recast will have the same chemistry with Henning. And like Tripp said, I don't want to see Henning leading this couple/triangle. She sucks.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Dammit, he was one of the things keeping me watching the show...Phillip and Stephanie was one of the few things i was excited for...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm predicting the role of Philip Kiriakis will be recast with either James Stevenson (ex-Jared, PSNS) or Mark Cameron Wystrach (ex-Fox, PSNS).

Mason

DrewHamilton
Nov 14 2008, 02:10 PM
I'm predicting the role of Philip Kiriakis will be recast with either James Stevenson (ex-Jared, PSNS) or Mark Cameron Wystrach (ex-Fox, PSNS).
Between the two, my money's on Wystrach - since he's the less talented, and that's clearly what DAYS is going for now.
Edited by Mason, Nov 14 2008, 02:12 PM.

Carengodt

WTF are TPTB thinking !!! ITA they should get rid of some of the new additions instead thua keeping one of their most used and liked actors. I don't know what they are doing but Days is rapidly heading for the grave which is really sad!!!! :soapbox:

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Nov 14 2008, 02:03 PM
OMG! :OhMy:

This is devistating news. I love Johnson and he's the only Philip for me. I can't believe he's leaving again. Although, I must say that if he's not willing to be a team member, just like everyone else, then he should go. All of the other actors are willing to take paycuts. What makes him so special?
To be fair, itīs his carreer. He is good enough and loking good enough to make it on primetime the way Jensen Ackles did. Iīm pretty sure his acting agent was begging him on his knees to leave the show and try primetime while he still has the time.

Itīs bad for the show because Gary Tomlin just started to build the entire new generation stories around him.

Itīs also weird because he seemed to be quite happy with the direction lately and he was working a lot.

Mason

Hell, if the they need to make cuts, the first damn place they should look at is the Head Writer.

Fire Higley's ass!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply