Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Petition to fire Higley
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 03:31 PM (2,354 Views)
ericfan400

Other posters on another board was talking about signing a petition to has Dena Higley fired from Days. I'll post the link to the petition when it is posted
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I will be happy to sign but you need more then a petition.

You need an all out campaign. Hit the magazines hard through email and snail mail. Hit the network, Sony, and Days studio (Corday, Tomlin, and cast members) hard with emails and snail mail and other things. Hit the sponsors too. That may help.

Hit cast member's blogs with posts, as well as Days blogs on NBC (Dena Higley;s in particular). Hit the NBC and SONY message boards hard with posts. The idea is to make sure your noticed in many places. Make yourself impossible to ignore. Hell, picket outside the Days studio if you must.

Also, fans need to be rational. Don't go apeshit. Be calm and assert your point while making suggestions about what to do with the show as a whole (not just one couple or character). Suggestions that are realistic. It needs to be understood that the show has to make cuts so any suggestions need to work within those parameters. If you are sensible and calm, they tend to listen more.

Mason

Although I seriously doubt it'll actually accomplish anything, that is one petition I will happily sign!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Hey, it worked for OLTL. My understanding is that is what got her axed. However, they made sure the petition was noticed.

That is the key. To be noticed by as many people as possible.

Mason

^ Really? I always assumed it was Slezak's comments that pretty much sealed Higley's fate. Interesting...

Ponz
Member Avatar

No thanks. All indications point to Tomlin and Whitesell being just as bad.

Kenny
Member Avatar

At this point, we need a petition to just cancel Days and beg NBC to re-air it from the beginning, 'cause what we have right now just isn't cutting it.

ericfan400

They let's has a petition to have them all fired then

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Oh hell ya, where do you want my signature?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

If someone can let me know the last time an online petition worked, I will gladly sign and support it.

Until then...its all just wasted time

nicedreamz
Member Avatar

I'll be delighted to sign. Making our displeasure known can't hurt and if it gets that hack the heck away from DAYS a second sooner it can only be a good thing.

And I'll be more than happy to post the link on my little site as well.
Edited by nicedreamz, Nov 15 2008, 04:25 PM.

pnelsen

Here's Where to Write. Drop them a Post Card that says.. Save "Days" Fire the Writers Now

Ken Corday
Corday Productions
Executive Producer DOOL
3400 W. Olive Ave., STE 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Gary Tomlin
Executive Producer
c/o NBC-TV
Days of Our Lives
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523

Noel Maxam
Supervising Producer
Days of our Lives, c/o NBC-TV
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Greg Meng
Executive in Charge of Production
c/o DOOL
3000 W. Alamada Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programing
Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc.
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

Mr. Bruce Evans
Senior Vice President, Current Series, NBC Entertainment
NBC Television Network
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

ericfan400

Mitchapalooza
Nov 15 2008, 04:16 PM
If someone can let me know the last time an online petition worked, I will gladly sign and support it.

Until then...its all just wasted time
When Dena was the head writer on One Life to Live. The fans of that show had a online petition to has her fired and it worked.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ponz
Nov 15 2008, 03:48 PM
True, but Higley is still a shitty writer so I would like all three of them fired.

zyona

I will be happy to sign it :wave: . Can we add Melani too? ;)

zyona

Sindacco
Nov 15 2008, 04:35 PM
Ponz
Nov 15 2008, 03:48 PM
True, but Higley is still a shitty writer so I would like all three of them fired.
We need to give these two a chance, lets take baby step. First Dena Please.

Mason

Tomlin hasn't impressed me a bit with what he's done with DAYS. At first, I thought he might be a decent fit, but I'm not seeing it. I wouldn't be devastated at all if he were let go too. Get Francesca James or David Shaughnessy as Co-EP (yes, I know, I'm dreaming, LoL).

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Don't know if it will work,but I will gladely sign.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

It worked for OLTL, it can work for DOOL

Mason

It's definitely worth a shot. I just don't want to get my hopes up, because everytime I think we're rid of that hack for good, I'm always disappointed in the end. I swear, she's like a cat with nine lives!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply