Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Petition to fire Higley
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 03:31 PM (2,423 Views)
fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I just don't think it's a good idea, because a writer far, far worse could always come along with a giant killing pen to stab everyone in the eyes with.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I really think that Corday is more to blame for the recent firings. Dena is screwing up the stories for sure, but I think it's Corday who is deciding who is to go and who is to stay.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Nov 15 2008, 05:50 PM
I just don't think it's a good idea, because a writer far, far worse could always come along with a giant killing pen to stab everyone in the eyes with.
I'd rather take a chance on that happening than have Higley continue to send the show down the crappy road she has been.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 15 2008, 05:58 PM
fenderbabe
I'd rather take a chance on that happening than have Higley continue to send the show down the crappy road she has been.
I know you hate her...and I really have no opinion of her myself at this point, but all in all there are just too many factors going into why Days is failing, and I don't think Dena is at the top of that long list (close, but not #1). Corday is defintely Days' public enemy #1.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Maybe GL needs a fifth headwriter and we can send Dena their way

Mason
Member Avatar

Corday is the primary reason for why DAYS can't ever be consistently good, but let's face it, he's not going anywhere. So the best we can do is to be rid of Higley.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Nov 15 2008, 05:34 PM
It worked for OLTL, it can work for DOOL
Well just remember they have smart producers at OLTL,far as I know and a bunch of dumbass producers at DOOL.

nicedreamz
Member Avatar

:shithitfan:
Edited by nicedreamz, Nov 15 2008, 06:52 PM.

zyona

fenderbabe
Nov 15 2008, 06:07 PM
Mason
Nov 15 2008, 05:58 PM
fenderbabe
I know you hate her...and I really have no opinion of her myself at this point, but all in all there are just too many factors going into why Days is failing, and I don't think Dena is at the top of that long list (close, but not #1). Corday is defintely Days' public enemy #1.
I agree but we can't do nothing about Corday except stop watching the show, but first we need Dena out of days.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Knowing the way Corday thinks he'd try to write the fucking show himself, and I do not think I could stomach what his inept incompetent mind would come up with.

Shylock

Can we throw Gary Tomlin in on top of this?

How about a "FIRE DENA / BRING BACK ED" campaign? Snail mail to the networks, emails as well, online petitions, along with emailing the mags.

Someone has to be able to organize this kinda thing.

ericfan400

somebody is already working on it.

FanODays

If this is in response to Drake being fired, then its barking up the wrong tree. Corday is the problem, not Higley in terms of this.

Corday has been the constant through the parade of writers, Langan, C&B, Higley, Reilly, Sheffer and Higley again.

ericfan400

It's because the writing is so bad that after five minutes into the show i'm falling alseep

naley12
Member Avatar

Link to a petition that someone started
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveDaysFireDena/

naley12
Member Avatar

I am organizing a campain with a couple other people and we are emailing mags, Making calls, sending Snail mail to the networks, emails as well, online petitions and everything else we can come up with!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Kenny
Nov 15 2008, 03:53 PM
At this point, we need a petition to just cancel Days and beg NBC to re-air it from the beginning, 'cause what we have right now just isn't cutting it.
I'm all for this!

Kenny
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Nov 16 2008, 12:33 AM
Kenny
At this point, we need a petition to just cancel Days and beg NBC to re-air it from the beginning, 'cause what we have right now just isn't cutting it.
I'm all for this!
I'm serious.

I bet any amount of money that classic reruns of Days would get higher ratings than the Days of today. There would be a whole new audience that would be seeing it for the first time, and Lord knows the stories of the past were able to draw an audience better than the stories of today. Plus they wouldn't have to worry about budget issues anymore. :)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

naley12
Nov 15 2008, 11:54 PM
Link to a petition that someone started
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveDaysFireDena/
I just thought about this after posting on that, should we sign it with real names and not screennames?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 16 2008, 12:40 AM
KristianFanForever
Nov 16 2008, 12:33 AM
Kenny
I'm all for this!
I'm serious.

I bet any amount of money that classic reruns of Days would get higher ratings than the Days of today. There would be a whole new audience that would be seeing it for the first time, and Lord knows the stories of the past were able to draw an audience better than the stories of today. Plus they wouldn't have to worry about budget issues anymore. :)
What classic episodes would you want them to air? I would like to see the first years.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply