Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Petition to fire Higley
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 03:31 PM (2,345 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Nov 16 2008, 06:22 AM
I really do not think Higley is behind what is going on at DAYS. I am not sure what the petition will accomplish.

Regardless, I will sign it. Haha. I just think DAYS could be a lot more exciting. I am hoping the bloodbaths will equate to us having people on-screen fans care about.
Yep. They just need to make it more exciting.

I'm signing the petition because I'm not sure if Higley is right for the long-term but, for right now, I think she needs to stay.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Shylock
Nov 16 2008, 04:57 AM
Would there also be any benefit in starting an email campaign to the people at Sony? And if so, perhaps someone should come up with a list of the people of whom would be best to contact there.

They do own, like, what? 40% of Days? They have to have a big stake in this show's success.
Sure.

I would go at then, the sponsors/advertisers, NBC, the cast/Corday/Tomlin, hit the message boards hard with post after post, hit the mags hard, etc.

The more noticeable and aggressive, the better.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 16 2008, 03:22 AM
Jiggs
Nov 16 2008, 02:08 AM
ericfan400
Nov 15 2008, 03:31 PM
Other posters on another board was talking about signing a petition to has Dena Higley fired from Days. I'll post the link to the petition when it is posted
What's the point honestly? This show is winding down and it won't matter who's writing when it does. I want to know why they bothered to renew it for 18 months? I don't see the point.
But at least you can say you tried.

These things can work. They can be effective and we all know Corday gets scared and reverses things. He always does.

All the time and effort people spent on complaining about Higley and her stories this year, imagine all the campaigning to get rid of her so many could've done. If you don't like her and want change, try to do something about it. It won't always work but at least, in the end, you can say you tried and feel better about things. That's JMO.
Uh, but you hate when Corday changes his mind and chickens out LOL I would think you wouldn't want that to happen.. you know, kudos to Corday for finally having the balls to not cave in and all.

I've wasted too much energy on this show campaigning and what not, and it never seems to do any good. Look at what this show has become. It hardly matters if I feel good about trying, when nobody ever listens. And I'm part of a "rabid fan base" that has ruined this show anyway, right? :eyeroll:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Nov 16 2008, 06:20 AM
Oops, and on the original topic - I don't know, I have to take a step back here. How many times has this happened in the last 3 years? Fire this person, fire that person - is that going to solve the problem? If Higley goes, who are we going to get? I feel like we've all been through this so many times - "JER fired! Hogan Hired! YAY!" and then, "Fire Sheffer, fire Sheffer!", "He's gone! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!"...gives me a headache thinking about it.

I try and look at the shows problems objectively, and I know from people in the industry that being a writer is DIFFICULT. You are under pressure of executives, producers, and the network who can constantly scrap your ideas and force you to write for certain people. If Higley wasn't talented, believe me, she would not be able to be in the position she's in today. There's only what, 9 soaps? That means there's only NINE head writer jobs in the industry - think about how limited that is. While I don't think Corday is the sharpest tool in the shed, you have to look at the facts...DAYS isn't her first head writing stint, is it? She arguably HAS come up with great story using characters that everyone wants to see, but budget, Corday and other variables ex-nay them, sending the writing team back to the drawing board over and over. Considering the limitations they have, I don't think she's doing ALL that bad (I mean there are some bad things...but in terms of the big picture).

While I don't think Higley is the BEST writer, I don't think firing her is the answer to any problems. It's a start, but I'm more inclined to say that Corday is the problem here. If Higley goes, I'd be willing to bet the show will continue to have problems (one of which - identity crisis - is actually solely CAUSED by this yo-yoing of writers), and probably worse ones too.
Good point about the writer... the only writer I think that could actually fix Days is Sheri Anderson, and for whatever reason Corday refuses to hire her. I don't think there is another writer out there that knows Days as well as she does, or who cares as much about it, or is as talented and loves the genre. Higley tripped into writing by mistake. She's not a writer, even after spending most of her life doing it.

jcar03
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Nov 15 2008, 06:14 PM
Charmqn
Nov 15 2008, 05:34 PM
It worked for OLTL, it can work for DOOL
Well just remember they have smart producers at OLTL,far as I know and a bunch of dumbass producers at DOOL.
I don't think that petition had anything to do with Higley's firing. There were ratings, quality and I do think Erika Slezak's comments were taken to heart by TPTB.

cassie1013

Jiggs
Nov 17 2008, 01:52 AM
cassie1013
Nov 16 2008, 06:20 AM
Oops, and on the original topic - I don't know, I have to take a step back here. How many times has this happened in the last 3 years? Fire this person, fire that person - is that going to solve the problem? If Higley goes, who are we going to get? I feel like we've all been through this so many times - "JER fired! Hogan Hired! YAY!" and then, "Fire Sheffer, fire Sheffer!", "He's gone! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!"...gives me a headache thinking about it.

I try and look at the shows problems objectively, and I know from people in the industry that being a writer is DIFFICULT. You are under pressure of executives, producers, and the network who can constantly scrap your ideas and force you to write for certain people. If Higley wasn't talented, believe me, she would not be able to be in the position she's in today. There's only what, 9 soaps? That means there's only NINE head writer jobs in the industry - think about how limited that is. While I don't think Corday is the sharpest tool in the shed, you have to look at the facts...DAYS isn't her first head writing stint, is it? She arguably HAS come up with great story using characters that everyone wants to see, but budget, Corday and other variables ex-nay them, sending the writing team back to the drawing board over and over. Considering the limitations they have, I don't think she's doing ALL that bad (I mean there are some bad things...but in terms of the big picture).

While I don't think Higley is the BEST writer, I don't think firing her is the answer to any problems. It's a start, but I'm more inclined to say that Corday is the problem here. If Higley goes, I'd be willing to bet the show will continue to have problems (one of which - identity crisis - is actually solely CAUSED by this yo-yoing of writers), and probably worse ones too.
Good point about the writer... the only writer I think that could actually fix Days is Sheri Anderson, and for whatever reason Corday refuses to hire her. I don't think there is another writer out there that knows Days as well as she does, or who cares as much about it, or is as talented and loves the genre. Higley tripped into writing by mistake. She's not a writer, even after spending most of her life doing it.
I know you're probably partial to her re: 80's days, but I would need to know that she can write 2008 DAYS. I think as a writer, she would be smart enough to, but she would still be a gamble.

I mean, it's worth a shot. With recent revelations, I couldn't give 2 shits what they do. Might as well just pull everything they can. Hire Sheri for like, the last year. Attempt to give us a GREAT 18 months...and then we can all say bye on a peaceful and HAPPY note as opposed to this slow and painful death that the show (and fans) are currently enduring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply