Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which DAYS Stars Will NEVER Be Fired?
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 07:08 PM (6,054 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Nov 15 2008, 07:19 PM
The actors that don't have phones.
LMAO! Post of the day!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

You'd think after Hogestyn being fired twice, and Francis Reid being fired in 2004 (rewrite & rehire aside) you people would realize that there isnt anyone acting on this show that cant be fired. When it comes to the show making money, and keeping an actor, they will chose the former every time.

:blah: "They wont fire Alison Sweeney, Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell or Deidre Hall, etc etc" :blah:
Edited by Drew, Nov 15 2008, 09:43 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Nov 15 2008, 09:41 PM
You'd think after Hogestyn being fired twice, and Francis Reid being fired in 2004 (rewrite & rehire aside) people would realize that there isnt anyone acting on this show that cant be fired. When it comes to the show making money, and keeping an actor, they will chose the former every time.
Frances Reid was never fired. They informed her Alice would be alive. She was never taken off contract.
Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Evan
Nov 15 2008, 07:08 PM
Who is always safe, regardless of how much the budget has to be trimmed?

Alison Sweeney
Peter Reckell
Kristen Alfonso
Deirdre Hall
James Scott(they'll move heaven and earth to renew his contract)
Darin Brooks(for some unknown reason)
Josh Taylor(He's Corday's friend)
James Reynolds
Nadia Bjorn(because Corday loves her)
Rachel Melvin
Ari Zucker

These are the ones who are most secure in their jobs
Agree or disagree?
I agree with your list except I would remove Nadia and Rachel. I don't think they're untouchable. JMO

destinyrules
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 15 2008, 09:41 PM
You'd think after Hogestyn being fired twice, and Francis Reid being fired in 2004 (rewrite & rehire aside) people would realize that there isnt anyone acting on this show that cant be fired. When it comes to the show making money, and keeping an actor, they will chose the former every time.
Hard to make money with a show ran by a Hoover Vacuum and a Mindless Nitwit at the helm...

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

They're no different from any normal employer. Its the employees fault when times get tough, and they'll be the ones to get thrown under the bus long before managment takes a look at itself as the real cause.

So when Alfonso, Hall, Reckell, and any other 25 + year vet gets tired of having to take constant pay cuts, they`ll be shown the door as well. Which, maybe they should have done a while ago, since they seem to have run out of anything new or interesting to do with any of these people years ago. Their characters just exist, breed, and do ridiculous out of character things in a perpetual hampster wheel motion, like the original cast of B&B.
Edited by Drew, Nov 15 2008, 09:56 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

My dears....

Days is heading into what could very well be it's final years. NO ONE is safe, not even the "Big Guns."

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I don't see Higley getting rid of Lexie. She seems to love to write for her.

naley12
Member Avatar

Alison Sweeny

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

naley12
Nov 16 2008, 01:27 AM
Alison Sweeny
That's my one and only answer too....... :-/

naley12
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Nov 16 2008, 01:33 AM
naley12
Nov 16 2008, 01:27 AM
Alison Sweeny
That's my one and only answer too....... :-/
yup :-/
Edited by naley12, Nov 16 2008, 01:36 AM.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

I'm so glad that Ari and James are staying (for now..)

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Josh Taylor. He will be the last face you see as Days goes off the air.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The only person who I think will be truly safe is Alison Sweeney. Its just a hunch. They seem to love her off. Never been let go, frontburner for the most part as well.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Nov 15 2008, 07:13 PM
Taylor and Reynolds were both fired during the SSK-storyline so I can see it happening again.
Yep. Corday said himself that was the hardest thing he ever had to do. I always wondered if he had a plan to bring him back at some point. It was hard for me to imagine him firing his friend but, then again, Corday hates firing anyone.

I think the following people are safe:

Peter Reckell
Kristian Alfonso
Deidre Hall
Alison Sweeney
James Scott
Arianne Zucker
Rachel Melvin
Shelley Hennig
Darin Brooks
Eric Martsolf
Galen Gering
Frances Reid

Suzanne Rogers , Peggy McKay, Jim Reynolds, and Renee Jones I all see as safe and maybe going to recurring at most.

Josh Taylor I don't feel is safe anymore. I feel like Corday may be thinking he has to get rid of him.

cassie1013

somersetfan
Nov 15 2008, 07:21 PM
IMO both Deirdre Hall and Francis Reid are safe, maybe Alison Sweeney, Kristen Alfonso and Peter Reckell too. The rest I think are not.
I agree with that list too.

It is interesting how far Corday is willing to go though. I mean, John is practically Marlena's second half. Who is Marlena without John? lol. She's not my fave, but there is NO denying that Marlena is the star of DAYS - not to say the whole show revolves around her, but you know what I mean. She IS Days....so to fire the person who creates part of a main DAYS super couple (that lived through not only 80's days, but defined much of the 90's)??

Bo and Hope, imo, are safe because they are the one couple that is universally liked among almost EVERYONE who watches Days. They're "young" enough and "old enough" to appeal to a mass audience. I find that people in my age group aren't ageist with regards to Bope (whereas people do throw out there that John and Marlena are "old), and older generations like them too. I think it's because they're light hearted, but also rooted in DAYS history that keeps them going. Everyone knows Bo & Hope, even if they don't watch DAYS and that says something.

cassie1013

Drew
Nov 15 2008, 09:46 PM
They're no different from any normal employer. Its the employees fault when times get tough, and they'll be the ones to get thrown under the bus long before managment takes a look at itself as the real cause.

So when Alfonso, Hall, Reckell, and any other 25 + year vet gets tired of having to take constant pay cuts, they`ll be shown the door as well. Which, maybe they should have done a while ago, since they seem to have run out of anything new or interesting to do with any of these people years ago. Their characters just exist, breed, and do ridiculous out of character things in a perpetual hampster wheel motion, like the original cast of B&B.
I think that that's arguable too, but I think Corday and DAYS would fight really, really hard if it came to that point - if Alfonso, Reckell or Hall threatened to walk due to pay cuts. They would have to get creative, but Corday would find a way. If the show was in a SERIOUS dire state, then MAYBE but I don't see that happening unless the show is still on past 2010.

You have to think about it from an actors perspective too. It's not to say that they won't get jobs elsewhere, but also, daytime is on the decline. There may not be as many soaps in a few years, which means less jobs....and I think that the vets are almost synonymous with daytime, so in terms of acting, what would they do? Just try and persue primetime after what, 20 something years? I think DAYS is probably very important to the above 3 mentioned, it's defined a big part of their lives.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

darraholic
Nov 16 2008, 01:22 AM
I don't see Higley getting rid of Lexie. She seems to love to write for her.
Dena Higley probably doesnt know what Renee Jones even looks like. The only reason Lexie is even getting air play is she was the only character who could be used for her autism storyline. If Ciara was a bit older, this probably would have been a Bope story.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

cassie1013
Nov 16 2008, 03:58 AM
Drew
Nov 15 2008, 09:46 PM

I think that that's arguable too, but I think Corday and DAYS would fight really, really hard if it came to that point - if Alfonso, Reckell or Hall threatened to walk due to pay cuts. They would have to get creative, but Corday would find a way. If the show was in a SERIOUS dire state, then MAYBE but I don't see that happening unless the show is still on past 2010.

You have to think about it from an actors perspective too. It's not to say that they won't get jobs elsewhere, but also, daytime is on the decline. There may not be as many soaps in a few years, which means less jobs....and I think that the vets are almost synonymous with daytime, so in terms of acting, what would they do? Just try and persue primetime after what, 20 something years? I think DAYS is probably very important to the above 3 mentioned, it's defined a big part of their lives.
All three could easily get character work as mothers/fathers of sitcom characters, or teen soap characters. The L&Os love soap actors for guest spots. There's work out there for them. Indie films. etc. OLTL's ex-Tea was the original mother to Blair on GG, for example.

Plus, all of these people, cept maybe Hall, have side businesses or gigs that could sustain them or working spouces. I dont think they`re in a position of being `screwed`if they leave.
Edited by Drew, Nov 16 2008, 04:14 AM.

cassie1013

^ You have a point Drew. It would be a change, but I could see Reckell and Alfonso playing parents on a teen soap - if Lori Loughlin can do it, Kristian Alfonso can. I didn't mean screwed financially, but I mean, you can't "not work" indefinitely, you know? And there's always that risk in the entertainment industry.

I guess it is plausible, and it would be an interesting transition to watch. Potentially walking from your job of 25 years+ would probably be very difficult emotionally though!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply