Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which DAYS Stars Will NEVER Be Fired?
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 07:08 PM (5,986 Views)
Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Sweeney,Hall,Taylor,BOPE,and Nadia.Becuz the females probably sleep with Corday,and the guys are best pals
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Fireproof

Alison
Peter
Kristen
Frances

Everyone else could be fired at any point....

Loretta3938
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 15 2008, 09:47 PM
My dears....

Days is heading into what could very well be it's final years. NO ONE is safe, not even the "Big Guns."
Oh...I agree. No one is safe...especially if they express an idea that runs counter with what Higley and company want to see on the show. They are all expendable...and by now, I'm sure they all know it. It must be a rough place to work...behind the scenes...these days.

Loretta

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

1. Alison Sweeney-tptb seem to love her more than any other actress on the show
2. Deidre Hall, possibly

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Nov 16 2008, 01:33 AM
naley12
Nov 16 2008, 01:27 AM
Alison Sweeny
That's my one and only answer too....... :-/
Same here unfortunately.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Reckell, Alfonso, Hall, and Sweeney are all safe, and possibly James Scott and Ari. And yet, last year I would have thought that Martha and Brandon were safe, and look what happened!

On a side note, all of this talk aout Dena being a whore and corday's personal "hoover," lol, I just think detracts from the real issues. She is the absolutely wrong writer for the show and Corday is now completely out of his mind when it comes his business decisions. I trust Tomlin as EP (I enjoyed much of his tenure as EP on OLTL), and this poor show just needs one final writer who knows what the show is about, and yet knows how to bring true drama to the show

Deleted User
Deleted User

This is being driven by economics right now, not by who is a favorite on the show (and if there is a favorite of the head writer, I would say it is Ari Zuker based on how Nicole is featured and written).

I read in EW that practically all shows on network TV are being asked, well, not asked, are being forced to tighten their belts drastically.

So, despite favorites, I would say that no one is safe on Days. No one. The bottom line is the bottom line. The mean green.

Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
Nov 16 2008, 01:22 AM
I don't see Higley getting rid of Lexie. She seems to love to write for her.
Really? I mean Higley writes for her more then Sheffer and JER did but I don't know, I'm not a big fan of this autism story. I only watch it because she's in it. And I think the scenes with Stefano lately has been more because of Whitesell's influence, since he was on Days back in 2000-2001 when Lexie and Stefano had lots of scenes together. And when Higley was on Days in 2003 she didn't really write much for Lexie, Brandon and Abe untill Brandon's last week in Salem.

KittyKat
Member Avatar

Dayzfan
Nov 16 2008, 08:55 AM
Sweeney,Hall,Taylor,BOPE,and Nadia.Becuz the females probably sleep with Corday,and the guys are best pals
The guys are probably bonking him too. You know Corday and Taylor are getting it on on the golf course :makeout: .

Mason

KittyKat
Nov 16 2008, 01:27 PM
Dayzfan
Nov 16 2008, 08:55 AM
The guys are probably bonking him too. You know Corday and Taylor are getting it on on the golf course :makeout: .
Well, there's an image I certainly didn't need right before I eat, LoL.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think only Alison Sweeney, at least, until NBC is done using her as the liason ambassador between daytime and primetime. OBK is right....no one is infallible at this point. Days has been treading water for too long. We don't know what kind of other shoe might drop here.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Days problem is that they have never been able to balance their budget and it keeps coming back to haunt them.

How long after he left were they still paying JER?

How long after he left were they still paying Hogan Sheffer?

How many actors signed contracts only to be released ten minutes later? (Say hello, Matt Ashford).

How many actors were paid out to get them off the show?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Nov 16 2008, 01:58 PM
Days problem is that they have never been able to balance their budget and it keeps coming back to haunt them.

How long after he left were they still paying JER?

How long after he left were they still paying Hogan Sheffer?

How many actors signed contracts only to be released ten minutes later? (Say hello, Matt Ashford).

How many actors were paid out to get them off the show?
Yep.

All goes back to Corday. He needs to hire someone to handle the finances because he doesn't have a God damn clue.

hajones1

I know it would been fr even know she donse not do the show that much she has a life time contract with show that kc parent give her when she start in 1965

King
Member Avatar

At this rate, I don't think anyone is safe. I think it's going to come down to the books and dollars and cents.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't really know how it works. So, if an actor is under contract until say January 2010, like Drake...doesn't the show have to pay him until his contract runs out anyway?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Hergie, I believe the way those contracts work it means the actor is bound to the show until the time that the contract is up but the shows themselves can lay off actors under contract during certain periods every 13 weeks.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Nov 16 2008, 06:17 PM
Hergie, I believe the way those contracts work it means the actor is bound to the show until the time that the contract is up but the shows themselves can lay off actors under contract during certain periods every 13 weeks.
Thank you, Aremid. Sorry, I'm a sports girl and usually when players or coaches get cut or fired, the team has to buy them out or pay out the salary.

So, that is extra shitty for Drake then. Especially, since he was hesitant to come back in the first place and they convinced him that he would be written correctly. And now they are pulling this again (allegedly)?

brimike

If they get fired during their 13-week cycle, then yes, they have to pay them until the end of their *cycle*, but not to the end of their contract.

A lot of the veteran actors have 26 week cycles (Lucci might even have a 52 week cycle - who knows?), for better job security. I suspect Drake probably had a six-month/year cycle, because this was the same time last year that he was let go. And this show is notorious for firing people a week or two into their NEW cycle, and then having to pay them off. It's really ridiculous.
Edited by brimike, Nov 16 2008, 07:47 PM.

jjmama
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 15 2008, 07:24 PM
Dena Higley, because we know Corday's constant vacations are taken in her bed...
Actually Corday's constant vacations are taken at a rehab, he is a bad alcoholic!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply