Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do you REALLY think Hogysten was fired?; I personally find it hard to believe
Topic Started: Nov 16 2008, 09:16 AM (1,083 Views)
daisysmommy

Honestly, the J&M base out there is very large and if he goes, and there's no chance for the love story promised won't viewers just cut the cord?

Also DOOL not known for its truthfulness and right now all we have is the fan club prez word.

Finally, when J&M featured last year demos overall and key sub demos went up. If he goes, and all those numbers head downward, what sense would that make?

I am VERY suspicious of this rumor...others? Thoughts? How reliable is Corday, DH's fan site, and DC?
Edited by daisysmommy, Nov 16 2008, 09:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

niki

I do believe it's true BUT I also think it could be a stunt. Not a hoax like kill him off and bring him back, like they did before. I mean a stunt as in - when you have to cut a lot of staff, make a big one first that captures everyone's attention, fire others and then say due to fan protests and outcry, you've decided to keep the big one. people are relieved and happy and never mind the others that got shoved out the door in the process.
I don't think many actors would go along with such a stunt - not the least of which its potential to back fire - but Drake proved last year the outcry would be big and he's known for being a team player.

Taking John Black off the canvas for a while makes no sense. He's the only character that truly has many storylines left to tell. They could have back burnered him - yes it would annoy but not cause a melt down among fans. Also - to run a love story for what 23 years and leave it hanging with no resolution?? While I think many bad things about Corday, I thought his style was to send couples happily off into the distance together - Brady & Chloe, J&J, Shelle...the heart of the show has always been love. To end one of the greatest super couples of all by having one half just leave makes no sense. I'm used to them making no sense in their decisions but this one truly would take the cake and I doubt if the show could recover. Even the death - which most of us assumed was a stunt last year - at the very least had a conclusion of love which was moving.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

If it is a stunt, how many times is this show going to go to the same well? I think it's dry by now.

erikas12
Member Avatar

He does have a lot of story to tell but the writer they have can't tell that story. Dena Higley doesn't know how and doesnt want to write for J&M. Hell from what I've seen she don't know how to write shit. I think Drake is gone and I feel for him and I have not clue what they are going to do with Marlena, but that's probably how Higley wants it anyway.

annn1
Member Avatar

It`s not up on soap opera digest,JKJ news was up very fast...i hope he will come back,Days is not fun with out Drake....last year he said that he would want to come back if they asked him,they did and he came....would he come back again this time?

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

i believe it
coz Days is so fucking stupid
the more ridiculous the rumor {as this is}
the more likely i believe it

can u imagine the discussion at NBC

TBTB1 - So who shall we cut this week?
TBTB2 - Jay's out, we need a big wig
TBTB1 - How about Drake?
TBTB2 - Again? Won't that be suss?
TBTB1 - Exactly. Who would ever believe we'd try that again.
TBTB2 - Drake it is. The boards are going to go crazy with this.
TBTB1 - and there's our free publicity.

hops
Member Avatar

I believe he is out. And I will be too. It's kind of relief in a way. I won't have to watch any more John and Marlena destruction.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

hops
Nov 16 2008, 06:11 PM
I believe he is out. And I will be too. It's kind of relief in a way. I won't have to watch any more John and Marlena destruction.
You know what, it is sad but a small part of me is relieved too. It took too much energy to try and watch this show and watch my favorite actors and couple be written so horribly out of character. And also to keep my hopes up that it would get better. I just can't believe they are going to leave John as Jawn and one of the most popular soap supercouples of all time (like it or not) as divorcees. It really is an injustice for their loyal fans of the last 22 years.

At least if he would have died for real last October, he would have died as tender, loving, heroic John Black with the love of his life by his side.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I just remember last year it was rumored that Bryan D and Lauren K were going to be let go ... Lauren K rumor was even reported by creditable blogs and websites and then it turned out that it wasn't true but within a few weeks it was reported that BB and MM were canned and OMB was going to die and those turned out to be true.... so perhaps this Drake firing is a red herring and the real firings are around the corner!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know?

More and more I'm thinking this is temporary. I've been thinking alot about this and it just doesn't add up, unless there is more to it.

I just don't see the rhyme or reason to this. I understand reinventing the show but there is story for John right now and, from what I heard, he and Marlena had alot coming up.

Not saying the news is a lie. I'm sure it's true but I just get this feeling it may be a ploy. Take what I say with a grain of salt though. It's just a feeling I can't shake.

It is sad though that Days is in such a state of turmoil that we look at each decision and wonder if they will reverse it. Corday really needs to be replaced and have his duties limited. He has no idea how to deal with any of this.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Yeah, I think this is legit. I also believe it was legit the first time they fired Drake, but Corday loves to use the excuse that he "had it planned all along" to kill someone off, and then in a "dramatic twist" bring the actor back "shocking" the audience. If true, that's apparently the only thing the man is capable of planning. Oh, and vacations. Can't forget the vacations.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I don't find it unlikely but I am hesitant to believe it until Drake or the show confirm it directly. I don't like confirmation coming from fan club presidents or quote on quote "reliable source" especially about firings. If Actors are allowed, they usually come out about it themselves or say nothing if they were told to keep quiet. If they were to be quiet, they certainly wouldn't tell their fan club about it because they know that news would be on the net spreading like a wildfire faster than you can say chopping block!

But as for Drake, ratings didn't fall after they "killed" him off last October and they only came up for a short time after he came back to the show earlier this year. I don't think it's really going to make much of an impact if he leaves again.

The show has shown no loyalty or respect for any fanbase save for Bope, over the years, so I don't see why they would suddenly care about the Jarlenas.
Edited by ElvisDiMera, Nov 16 2008, 11:52 PM.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

He may not have been fired, but he may have elected to quit, because they wanted to reduce his guarantee. Same for Dee.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I think Drake is gone, but I wonder if he had the choice of paycut or leaving? Maybe he said no so they said GO?

Mason
Member Avatar

I think Drake would have taken a paycut. I think he was just fired. Ditto for Dee. They're both team players, and besides that, it's not like they have too many options for work available outside of DAYS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply