Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirming the DH'S are gone
Topic Started: Nov 17 2008, 12:47 PM (7,572 Views)
destinyrules
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Huge DAYS Casting News!
It's hard to believe, but it's true: Superstars Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John) are the first two casualties of DAYS's massive budget cuts. In an exclusive interview with Soap Opera Digest, Executive Producer Ken Corday says, "The couple will be happily reunited after a long period of angst and separation and will be off-screen after January for an unknown period of time. It was a very tough decision to make." To see what else the exec has to say about the popular duo — and the show’s recent pickup by NBC — be sure to pick up the next issue of Digest.
Edited by destinyrules, Nov 17 2008, 12:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olli9
Member Avatar

destinyrules
Nov 17 2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Huge DAYS Casting News!
It's hard to believe, but it's true: Superstars Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John) are the first two casualties of DAYS's massive budget cuts. In an exclusive interview with Soap Opera Digest, Executive Producer Ken Corday says, "The couple will be happily reunited after a long period of angst and separation and will be off-screen after January for an unknown period of time. It was a very tough decision to make." To see what else the exec has to say about the popular duo — and the show’s recent pickup by NBC — be sure to pick up the next issue of Digest.
I will be gone too.

No more Days. I never thought I could ever say that.

Bye, bye Days.

Can somebody start a petition to cancel teh show now. I would sign it.

Edited by Olli9, Nov 17 2008, 12:54 PM.

peaches179

I'm glad there're leaving together. Thanks for posting! :)

LovingDays

i hope they come back really soon please

Ponz
Member Avatar

I'm sure they'll be back for the finale in 18 months (I hope with Matt & Missy).

LovingDays

im sure they will be back really soon

peaches179

Ponz
Nov 17 2008, 01:00 PM
I'm sure they'll be back for the finale in 18 months (I hope with Matt & Missy).

I agree.

CatherineEarnshaw

just typical Corday spin

brimike

How anybody still believes a word that man says is beyond me. "For now"? Right... because clearly Days will get higher ad rates after six months without DH and DH and they'll come back. I can't wait for his "interview" in next week's issue. I'm sure it'll ignite me into yet another furious rant. Yee haw.

Olli9
Member Avatar

peaches179
Nov 17 2008, 12:55 PM
I'm glad there're leaving together. Thanks for posting! :)
He said the same things about Shawn and Belle too.

J&M will sail around the world with them for the next 20 years. :'(

jderoche5
Member Avatar

I am ok with this this. Happy send off....finally.

brimike

And just like Shawn and Belle (and Austin and Carrie before them), it'll all happen in three episodes - he'll get his memory back, the divorce papers will be ripped up, they'll get married in the BRady Pub with barely any family or fanfare, and they'll be GONE.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

GOODBYE DAYS, NOW I REALLY HOPE THIS FUCKING SHITBOAT SINKS FOR GOOD!! :redface:

I'M SO DONE WITH THIS CRAP ! ! :frustration:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So sad.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i hate to say this, but i'm happy that the two of them are leaving together, and that their fans will get what they so richly deseve--a happy ending for their favorites. i know it is a lame way to tie everything up, but the alternative (jawn leaving with marlena sticking around) was just not going to work out, and wasn't fair to the j&m fans.

i'd rather them both stay of course, but if one has to go, at least have them ride off into the sunset together.

Nicole Walker

WOW. I do hope they come back but i'm not holding my breath. At least they will be happy together.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Glad to hear they are going out together!
I would bet the farm they will be back in 18 months for the big finale!

This really sucks, but hopefully, it will be handled correctly.
I'm still here for you, Days! I hope you know what you are doing!

somersetfan
Member Avatar

This is really bad news! I do hope though that with these cuts it saves the show all the money it needs so no one else will go.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Maybe he didn't do it with Shelle (mostly because he couldn't get Cook and/or Storms to return) or J&J and others but I still think if things go south fast ratings-wise (which I doubt, personally), he will bring them back. I mean, he did say the same when he fired Renee Jones the first time and she came back. He's not stupid. I see this as an another experiment, only it's a bigger deal because he officially let them go.

His plan right now is to axe them and a maybe a few others. if it doesn't work, he will bring them back and can half the cast (or the people we all assumed her would fire). That is probably where he is at right now. I also think Tomlin convinced him of this because Corday no way made this call on his own this time. He doesn't have the guts to. Someone had to convince him and Tomlin has had experience with these kind of wholesale changes before. If it fails, he will let Tomlin be the fall guy and reverse it, as always, because you know Drake and Dee will come back. That's just the way they are.

I look forward to this interview because no doubt it will be a whole lot of BS but will also enlighten us into whatever plans they have in mind.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

At least the send off is happy. This is all so WOW, shocking.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply