Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell & Kristian Alfonso Dropped to Recurring!?
Topic Started: Nov 17 2008, 08:03 PM (7,933 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

This is rumor and has not been confirmed yet, but rumor has it that Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso MAY end up going to recurring status on the show!

I am sure that if this is un/true, then we will know about soon. But this was just revealed to me not too long ago. Even though Bo/Reckell have a huge story coming, it could be possible with the direction Corday is sending this show!

Thoughts?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Well, at least they are still on the show. But again it is pretty clear Corday needs to clear budget money if he were to do this to them.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I know Reckell hinted at a story coming up but just how big were we talking? :frown:

mbdimera
Member Avatar

As long as he doesn't fire them....... :drunk:

Financially, this may be what DOOL has to do in order to keep them.

Mason
Member Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me. Nothing would surprise me.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Cutting every single one of the Big Four or having all of them off contract may just be suicidal. It'd surprise me since Corday seems to really like Bo/Hope out of all the veteran couples. I don't know, this would be extreme for Days to pretty much drop all of the Big Four.

And it'd be far more expensive to have them OFF contract but still appear. It makes me wonder if their airtime would diminish and it'd feel like they were gone too.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Okay....if Bope are on recurring, then the Steve and Kayla shoe has gotta drop soon.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If Bo and Hope are dropped to recurring status, I doubt we're going to see them unless they're needed for other storylines for contract players. Becuase if they're on recurring, that means the show has to pay them per episode. And that can't be cheap. That's why recurring actors that are going to be featured heavily in an upcoming storyline are bumped up to contract, because it's cheaper to pay them a salary, rather than per episodes.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Recurring is fired without the characters being written out of the show. Look at how Victor sometimes disappears for months on end for no good reason. That's what would happen with Bo and Hope and if either found another job, Days would have to recast or they would disappear like Mickey. Then again if Dool would only give them one day guarantees (aka 50 shows a year) I can see Peter and Kristian preferring the option of getting other work.

Jonatha

Nubia
Nov 17 2008, 08:07 PM
Okay....if Bope are on recurring, then the Steve and Kayla shoe has gotta drop soon.
I have that same sinking feeling.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Okay now it's really over. Days as we know it is over.

Recurring at DAYS isn't like recurring at another soap. recurring at DAYS is holidays and a few throw away scenes a year.

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 17 2008, 08:10 PM
If Bo and Hope are dropped to recurring status, I doubt we're going to see them unless they're needed for other storylines for contract players. Becuase if they're on recurring, that means the show has to pay them per episode. And that can't be cheap. That's why recurring actors that are going to be featured heavily in an upcoming storyline are bumped up to contract, because it's cheaper to pay them a salary, rather than per episodes.
Exactly.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

If KA and PR are on recurring....I hope they start looking for work else where. Run Peter! Run Kristian! Run FREE!!!

Don't look back! Let Days burn down to the ground!
Edited by Nubia, Nov 17 2008, 08:14 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well...

Kristian does have her jewelry line to keep her busy (she is always making appearances across the country for it) and I heard a long time ago that she wants to spend more time with that.

Victor/John Aniston is recurring because he choses to be. He does not want a contract.

Of course, this is all still just a rumor for now.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Maybe they are keeping Evans and Nichols because when they came back they took huge paycuts and they are the cheapest supercouple? And Corday knows he has to keep at least one
Edited by Rick, Nov 17 2008, 08:16 PM.

Days4Life

To me, this is more surprising than news of the Drake/Deidre firings. And also more harmful to the show. I really hope it's not true.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Rick
Nov 17 2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe they are keeping Evans and Nichols because when they came back they took huge paycuts and they are the cheapest supercouple? And Corday knows he has to keep at least one
Cheapest? Yes....Rating Grabbers or Maintainers?....No.

I am convinced they are next.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I really thought Steve and Kayla would be the ones dropped to recurring if not dropped altogether. Their story has been... oh wait, they haven't really had a story.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Isn't most of the GL cast recurring? Sometimes recurring actors get the most episodes or close to the most episodes per month on that show, maybe DAYS is trying to implement a similar model?

daysfan
Member Avatar

I've heard alot that Stephen/Mary Beth are the cheapest out of all the older super couples.

And now...I am not saying whoever said this is lying or wrong or anything...not discrediting any sources, and I have been proven wrong with Days lately, but this is just my personal opinion...

I don't think they'd do this. Again maybe I'll be proven wrong, its just too much at once, and I'd think Tomlin would be smart enough to at least keep them. And Corday actually seems to like Bo and Hope, would Tomlin really be able to talk him into pretty much dropping ALL of the Big Four?

I don't know, its just I'd think Tomlin/Corday would be much wiser than to drop them all within several days. Say what you will about them, but they ARE competent enough to comprehend this. If not...well, I will be shocked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply