Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell & Kristian Alfonso Dropped to Recurring!?
Topic Started: Nov 17 2008, 08:03 PM (7,899 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 17 2008, 09:11 PM
Wendy at SNS is saying that these two are not on her "list" of actors being let go, and neither is Joe Mascolo.

Interesting!
Could you ask her if Josh Taylor or Molly Burnett are on her list? LoL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Wendy at SNS is saying that these two are not on her "list" of actors being let go, and neither is Joe Mascolo.

Interesting!
How do you become a member at SNS Forum? I have gone there before but there is no option to register.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Emma Frost
Nov 17 2008, 09:54 PM
OneBadKitty

Interesting!
How do you become a member at SNS Forum? I have gone there before but there is no option to register.
You have to wait until they announce that they are open for registration. They do that to keep the spambots out.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 17 2008, 09:57 PM
Emma Frost
Nov 17 2008, 09:54 PM
OneBadKitty

Interesting!
You have to wait until they announce that they are open for registration. They do that to keep the spambots out.
Thanks OBK!! I was wondering why they didn't even have the option.

BTW, your tidbits rock!! Gracias!!! :rockon:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

After the last few days nothing would surprise me anymore.

Kenny
Member Avatar

So can we officially call the current "soap" we're watching a spinoff of the original? 'Cause it sure as hell isn't going to look anything like Days of Our Lives soon.

King
Member Avatar

Are you serious? Is this for real?

Wow. This is just absolutely in the realm of unbelievable.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Kenny
Nov 17 2008, 10:14 PM
So can we officially call the current "soap" we're watching a spinoff of the original? 'Cause it sure as hell isn't going to look anything like Days of Our Lives soon.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think it's time for breaking news texts to be sent to our phones. Seems like a lot is going on. Well, for a show that's been on 43 years, I guess we should be thankful it took this long. When was the last big huge overhaul, the 90's?

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

crossing my fingers its not true.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I just find all this a little too suspicious. First the show fires Drake and Dee within 2 days and then wait until the following Monday to downgrade KA and PR to recurring status. I still believe it's a publicity stunt.....

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Nov 17 2008, 11:04 PM
I just find all this a little too suspicious. First the show fires Drake and Dee within 2 days and then wait until the following Monday to downgrade KA and PR to recurring status. I still believe it's a publicity stunt.....
Well, if that's what's going on here, someone needs to inform them that there really is such a thing as bad publicity, LoL.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Nov 17 2008, 11:05 PM
Kirk
Well, if that's what's going on here, someone needs to inform them that there really is such a thing as bad publicity, LoL.
Not in Corday's empty head.

If this really is the end of DAYS I want a real HW to send the show off on good terms. That's just not possible with Dudley Higgs, I really despise the woman.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I am still hoping this is not true.

I mean...Days just hasn't gone without at least ONE of the Big Four since before the Big Four were created! And yes, I know, the rumor here is only Reckell and Alfonso going to recurring, but I doubt we'll be seeing them much to at all if it is true. But back in the 80's when Hall, Reckell, and Alfonso all exited in 1987, we at least had Drake. But to pretty much throw them all out the window all within the matter of a few days is insane!

cassie1013

Nubia
Nov 17 2008, 08:07 PM
Okay....if Bope are on recurring, then the Steve and Kayla shoe has gotta drop soon.
I have to be honest here, the thing that's actually driving me to be fucking PISSED OFF is that all of this shit is going down, but fucking Steve and Kayla are STILL THERE!!!! (in addition to Abe, Roman, etc.)

They should have been the FIRST to go. There's no way that they aren't compensated well. Payla is not only boring, they have NO story, NO connection to any 90's/00's DAYS viewers and in general are a total BUST...

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually like Steve and Kayla, but I have to agree. They should have been at the top of the list to go (along with Roman...Josh Taylor probably isn't doing too badly for himself either).

erikas12
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Nov 17 2008, 11:50 PM
Nubia
Nov 17 2008, 08:07 PM
Okay....if Bope are on recurring, then the Steve and Kayla shoe has gotta drop soon.
I have to be honest here, the thing that's actually driving me to be fucking PISSED OFF is that all of this shit is going down, but fucking Steve and Kayla are STILL THERE!!!! (in addition to Abe, Roman, etc.)

They should have been the FIRST to go. There's no way that they aren't compensated well. Payla is not only boring, they have NO story, NO connection to any 90's/00's DAYS viewers and in general are a total BUST...
Can I get an aman from the congregation? This budget stuff is bull because there are so many other ways they could have saved budget and you don't start with your leading man and iconic leading lady. You start with hmmmm let's see Josh cotton mouth Taylor who hasn't had a storyline in a decade or more.

cassie1013

^^ Mason - As much as I want to like them, it's a struggle. It makes no sense to me why a frump like Kayla would want to be with Steve, lol. They're the poor mans Bo and Hope imo, just more so opposites. The only time I like them is when they interact with other vets because you can feel the history between the characters...I'm fine for them to be on recurring to do that, but I don't want to see them in their own story.
Edited by cassie1013, Nov 18 2008, 12:02 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I don't know, the more I think about this, I took all the news calmly at first and am keeping in mind this is only a rumor, but its just really REALLY upsetting, and it makes me look back on all the stupid mistakes Days has made over the past few years.

Maybe this would be easier if they had kept Shawn and Belle on the show, ready to take help lead the show.

Maybe this would be easier if they actually re-established Steve and Kayla with viewers and gave them decent stories and airtime.

Maybe this would be easier if we actually could trust the person in the HW chair.

Maybe this would be easier if we had more of the next generation than just the incest duo and his biological sister, Nick(who could be gone soon), and the seemingly storyless Chelsea.

Maybe this would be easier if Sami hadn't been turned into a pitiful Carrie character. I refused to admit it for a long time but now I will admit that Sami as a character is ruined. Maybe if they had KEPT Carrie she could be perfectly ready for the heroine status.

Maybe this would be easier if they gave people like Thaao Penghlis and LeAnn Hunley story.

Maybe this would be easier if the people they want to take over the show hadn't conquered airtime for almost two years.

Maybe this would be easier if they hadn't shoved out 3/4 of the other characters from previous decades.

Maybe this would be easier if we could actually expect a GOOD exit from John/Marlena.

Maybe this would be easier if they hadn't backtracked on almost every decision in the past several years and followed through on what they did. Maybe it would be easier if we could trust the show.

My Lord...I am sorry for the rant its just infuriating me at the moment.
Edited by daysfan, Nov 18 2008, 12:09 AM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kirk
Corday's not the brightest star in the sky, but I think even he would give up on "firing" people for publicity at this point. It doesn't really seem to do much of anything positive.

For me it's more like years back when there was a budget cut and then we got the crappiest disaster ever (Rex's earthquake), which came off, imho, as a way of showing everyone how low the show would go without cash. It's this weird outburst of childish, thought-less spite because his allowance got cut.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply