Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre/Drake Podcast; Daytime Confidential talks about firings
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 03:34 PM (2,124 Views)
Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

Hey guys. So if you have the time and you are interested I would highly suggest that you go to daytimeconfidential.com and listen to the podcast about the firing of Drake and Deidre. It's about 1 1/2 long but it's worth it. They make some wonderful points including how they don't understand how Dena Higley still has a job and Deidre doesn't. And that they want Deidre to find another job before Corday comes crawling back. Along with the fact that someone talked to some insiders who say Deidre is not happy and feels this is unforgivable. It's very good. Along with saying how they could see getting rid of Deidre is like the nail in the coffin. That was just something that is not supposed to be done and that people at days are scared for their jobs after Deidre got fired...seeing as how no one saw this coming.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Thanks Maggs :D I will make sure to check it out.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

This podcast is on point...I am listing to it right now. A lot of bittersweet funny gems from the guests.

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Will it be there later ? I will listen when I get home from work. I don't have alot of time right now.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

LOL....Love it....."This is Deidre FUCKING Hall!"

I would love to see her on Y&R.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Great podcast! Seriously, I could not agree more with the part that Deidre is out of a job, yet Dena is still there? Ridiculous!

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

I listened to the whole hour and everything was so on point. I couldn't agree more with what they say. And I do hope that when Corday asks her to come back that she says no. I love Marlena and John but there is a level of self-respect...so with that I don't think she should come back.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

MaterialGurl
Nov 18 2008, 03:45 PM
Will it be there later ? I will listen when I get home from work. I don't have alot of time right now.
Yeah it will be there. You can go to Itunes and get it there for free and listen to it there too.

Daytime Confidential has some good podcasts. Can't wait to go home and listen to it.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Do you think that between Drake and Deidre they were paid close to 4 million a year?

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

Podcast was amazing and funny, sad and I just want to hang kc by his...

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

"I just feel awful for the fans. I really do. I feel like this is the same problem that keeps coming up with Days for the last few years and that the only people that are really suffering at the end of the day are the fans. These people who have devoted so much time and so much energy to the show...I feel terrible for them. They get tossed back and forth. They're totally used and abused...I just feel sorry for all the fans who've had to put up with it."

:rockon: True. I think Corday was born with a horse shoe up his a** too.

destinyrules
Member Avatar

SUCH and on point podcast! Just great!

CatherineEarnshaw

they say J/M are the "most popular couple."

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

maggs
Nov 18 2008, 04:00 PM
I listened to the whole hour and everything was so on point. I couldn't agree more with what they say. And I do hope that when Corday asks her to come back that she says no. I love Marlena and John but there is a level of self-respect...so with that I don't think she should come back.
I couldn't agree more, Maggs! If Corday ever has the balls to ask Deidre to come back to this SUCK ASS SHOW, she should point him in the direction of Hell, give him a kick in the ass to start him on his journey and tell him to SHOVE IT UP HIS ASS!!!! I can't believe what has happened to Days! THIS SHOW SUCKS AND I AM PISSED AT MYSELF FOR STILL WATCHING THIS PIECE OF SHIT SHOW. If it weren't for J&M and DnD, I would have been gone a LONG time ago! Now I'm sticking around until they are gone and then I will either follow them to another show or I will keep my television off! I've got enough drama in my own life that I really don't need anymore incestuous BULLSHIT to watch!!! :puke:

daisysmommy

I'm watching til DnDs last airdate and then I will throw eggs at any sceeen airing the show.
Fuck that Corday and his dislotalty.

cassie1013

Awesome listen!!! I SO SO SO want Deidre on Y&R!! I think they can afford her, and can write for her. I'd love to see her in a bitchy role too!

This podcast is too funny... the part about Frances Reid being all "Oh! Dodged another bullet!" and then "Drake! come on...you can play Miguel!" (who's the Newman housekeeper that's somehow disappeared on Y&R LOL)

Kenny
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Nov 19 2008, 02:39 AM
Awesome listen!!! I SO SO SO want Deidre on Y&R!! I think they can afford her, and can write for her. I'd love to see her in a bitchy role too!

Me too.

Deidre plays a bad girl so well. That's why JER made her a villain every chance he had.

I would love to see Deidre playing a Miranda Priestly type of character on a soap. Just a total cold as ice "head bitch in charge" type, completely lost in her own brilliance that the world around her is non-existant and the people living in it are merely extras, meant to bring her coffee and fetch her clutch purse.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

^ I'm hoping it will happen. Some have said though that if it's not DAYS, she won't be doing anything. I hope that's not true. She would be GREAT on Y&R in ANY role they give her..and Hogan can finally write for her the way he wants to.

Love Devil Wears Prada. It would be very interesting, I think, for us to see her in a role that's not so sugary sweet..change it up a bit. And again, Y&R is the perfect place to do that.

Nicole Walker

That was funny and so true.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I'm listening to it now, and loving the commentary.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply