Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre,Drake and the rest off the cast reaction
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 07:08 PM (5,458 Views)
annn1
Member Avatar

What does Deidre and Drake think about getting fired?and the rest off the cast?

Deidre is said to be very hurt,angry and extremely disapointed....

Do not know about Drakes reaction,but i am guessing he feels the same....

The rest off the cast is set to be shell shocked after they found out today about Deidre and Drake,everybody is scared about losing there jobs...if Deidre Hall can get fired then everybody can.....

Ken Corday have said that their already low budget has been cut nearly in half (40%),he is also said that DAYS is lucky to be getting another 20 months.
He says it's going to be a really rough 5 months and calls this "the darkest, worst period I have ever endured." DAYS is safe through 2009/2010, at that point there's an option to pick them up for another year.

It`s also a rumor going around that 5 more actors are getting fired from the show,making it a total 8 person out....the people that is rumor to be fired is

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- Mary Beth Evens (kayla)
- Stephen Nichols (patch)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

annn1
Nov 18 2008, 07:08 PM

It`s also a rumor going around that 5 more actors are getting fired from the show,making it a total 8 person out....the people that is rumor to be fired is

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
That would make it 9

I can see them getting rid of BD and JS because I am sure they will push Galen on Sami

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

annn1

The rest off the cast is set to be shell shocked after they found out today about Deidre and Drake,everybody is scared about losing there jobs...if Deidre Hall can get fired then everybody can.....

Ken Corday have said that their already low budget has been cut nearly in half (40%),he is also said that DAYS is lucky to be getting another 20 months.
He says it's going to be a really rough 5 months and calls this "the darkest, worst period I have ever endured." DAYS is safe through 2009/2010, at that point there's an option to pick them up for another year.

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
I could see all those actors being let go except for James Scott..I doubt Days will fire him, with the baby storyline he'll be on the frontburner for a long time

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Nov 18 2008, 07:21 PM
annn1

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
I could see all those actors being let go except for James Scott..I doubt Days will fire him, with the baby storyline he'll be on the frontburner for a long time
ITA!! I don't see them getting rid of JS....he's a hot commodity and in the target age group (18-49).

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I don't see them getting rid of James Scott but then again, I never thought they'd fire Deidre Hall either.

No one is safe.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think Lauren, Thaao, and Leann will be gone for sure.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

After Hall was fired, I don't want to hear anyone say "so and so" is safe. You can't predict things like that anymore, not on this show, at least.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I wish the show would just announce all their planned firings once. No use in stretching it out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Yeah, I would say I don't see them getting rid of their leading man, James, but I did not think they get rid of both DH's.

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

No one on this show is safe. After firing the queen bee and the person that is known to everyone whether they watch Days or not...no one is safe from being fired.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Maybe they were thinking 8 contract people and with Leann not on contract, she wouldn't count in that equation.

It is possible the cuts will happen gradually so to speak, John and Marlena out first and the others soon after. That's how it was at GL...

No one is safe, except for Corday for now...

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I dont think James will be fired...unless is contract is up and he wants more money. James/EJ is within the age demo that nuDays and Corday wants to keep.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Again, I wouldn't even say James is safe. Anyone can go at this point and it's clear Corday doesn't care who he fires at this point.

cassie1013

Rick
Nov 18 2008, 07:15 PM
annn1

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
That would make it 9

I can see them getting rid of BD and JS because I am sure they will push Galen on Sami
I would love to hear EJ is fired. He's had way too much exposure on this show the last 2 years. I don't really care about him to be honest.

I would be surprised (and in some ways, not surprised) to hear they let go Scott and Datillo..but if the new actor is cheaper, perhaps they are going to keep him around and pair him with Sami.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

I can understand why Deidre is ticked off!! For God's sake this a a woman who has never said a bad word about the writing, Corday or this show since she started back in 1976 (I think that's when she started). Then she gets FIRED??? WHAT A SLAP IN HER FACE. Deidre needs to just pack up her stuff kick Ken Corday in the nuts shove all of the shit she doesn't want to take with her up his ass and move on to another show!!! This is just sickening what has happened to her.

Mason
Member Avatar

Morale's gotta be at an all-time low over there. And understably so.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I don't know who is going to go next .... at this point does it really matter? I think it would be smart for actors like MBE, Stephen, Thaao, Joe, JKJ, Ari and James S who are really talented to choose to leave. This would be a good time to leave.
Edited by cjknick, Nov 18 2008, 10:12 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

And nothing about Josh Taylor. Figures.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Nov 18 2008, 10:42 PM
And nothing about Josh Taylor. Figures.
Yes, God forbid Corday fire his BFF even when the show is in dire straights.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

With Deidre gone and Koslow likely gone, why is Josh Taylor needed?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply