Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre,Drake and the rest off the cast reaction
Topic Started: Nov 18 2008, 07:08 PM (5,457 Views)
Ellie

Kirk
Nov 18 2008, 11:10 PM
With Deidre gone and Koslow likely gone, why is Josh Taylor needed?
He wasn't needed even with them there.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

They covered this on Good Day LA today. Not really covered it...just mentioned it. All very shocked!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

If they got rid of LK, I would be hard pressed to keep watching only because I don't know who would be left I like or care about...Maggie?? And they never even show her.

Love Dee's reaction - finally, she's keeping it REAL!

daysfan
Member Avatar

King
Nov 18 2008, 11:14 PM
If they got rid of LK, I would be hard pressed to keep watching only because I don't know who would be left I like or care about...Maggie?? And they never even show her.

Love Dee's reaction - finally, she's keeping it REAL!
I've never met Deidre or anything, so I may be wrong, but this is just how she sounds in articles or interviews or whatever: She is a down-to-earth, classy woman, but I don't think she blows everything off like its no big deal. In fact, as I think about it, she's always been one of my very favorite actresses in interviews, comment, etc etc.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

annn1
Nov 18 2008, 07:08 PM
What does Deidre and Drake think about getting fired?and the rest off the cast?

Deidre is said to be very hurt,angry and extremely disapointed....

Do not know about Drakes reaction,but i am guessing he feels the same....

The rest off the cast is set to be shell shocked after they found out today about Deidre and Drake,everybody is scared about losing there jobs...if Deidre Hall can get fired then everybody can.....

Ken Corday have said that their already low budget has been cut nearly in half (40%),he is also said that DAYS is lucky to be getting another 20 months.
He says it's going to be a really rough 5 months and calls this "the darkest, worst period I have ever endured." DAYS is safe through 2009/2010, at that point there's an option to pick them up for another year.

It`s also a rumor going around that 5 more actors are getting fired from the show,making it a total 8 person out....the people that is rumor to be fired is

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- Mary Beth Evens (kayla)
- Stephen Nichols (patch)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
how is that five more people are rumored to be fired, but then you say 7 people as being fired, and then say it comes to a total of 8, without even mentioning Dee or Drake. Doesn't make any sense

Also, all of the info you presented was from the daytime confidental podcast. Please don't make it seem like you are "in the know," while we all can listen to the same podcast.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Not surprised by the reactions.

I don't expect her to throw the show under the bus though. She will likely be very classy and upset that she can no longer contribute. She probably feels she can give so much more.

As for the list, that is pretty much who I expected but Corday seems to want to keep as many as possible. He makes mention of hoping most will take a cut so he doesn't have to get rid of them so that does show how stuck he truly is. I don't bad for him but the situation sucks. He's the reason this happened but, in this circumstances, I understand where he is coming from. It is his fault though but I can't say the cuts don't make sense financially given the 40% cut.

The budget is still manageable. As Rick said, it's all in the writing, as it should be. I don't see alot of risk if Bo, Hope, and Stefano are sticking around too. If they go or get dropped as well, then there is alot of risk because that is just too much too soon IMO.

I know that the theme right now is "no one is safe" but there is no way James Scott is going anywhere IMO. The guy is on everyday and has been for 3 years now. Plus, he already made it known a few times it's all about the writing. The show is banking on him and I find it hard to believe they will let him go so easily. Jay is different. They have recasted before so they probably figure they can again.

Bryan Dattilo is no surprise. I can see that.

I have to wonder too how Shawn Christian leaving may change things. I've always felt he will bolt when his contract is up. Also interesting that Blake Berris is not on this list.

Kenny
Member Avatar

When Deidre is finally done at Days, I hope she does an exclusive interview with one of the magazines just completely ripping Corday to shreds. I know that's not a very Deidre-like thing to do, but she's spent years being nothing but gracious and helping Corday to promote the show's crap stories. I hope she really lets loose and tells it how it is about Corday and what a colossal idiot he is.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Nov 19 2008, 12:41 AM
When Deidre is finally done at Days, I hope she does an exclusive interview with one of the magazines just completely ripping Corday to shreds. I know that's not a very Deidre-like thing to do, but she's spent years being nothing but gracious and helping Corday to promote the show's crap stories. I hope she really lets loose and tells it how it is about Corday and what a colossal idiot he is.
I would like someone to do that.

I'm surprised no one has already. I think Joe has come the closest to it but you would think someone would.

It makes me wonder what the hell Corday does to get them all to side with him no matter what. If they wax poetic about him even after this, despite the reasoning that went into this, then you know there is some reason behind their undying support for him.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

darraholic
Nov 18 2008, 10:42 PM
And nothing about Josh Taylor. Figures.
oh of course not... wouldn't want to put your best friend out of a life-time judgeship on Days. :puke:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kirk
Nov 18 2008, 11:10 PM
With Deidre gone and Koslow likely gone, why is Josh Taylor needed?
When was he ever needed??????

annn1
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 18 2008, 11:23 PM
annn1
Nov 18 2008, 07:08 PM
What does Deidre and Drake think about getting fired?and the rest off the cast?

Deidre is said to be very hurt,angry and extremely disapointed....

Do not know about Drakes reaction,but i am guessing he feels the same....

The rest off the cast is set to be shell shocked after they found out today about Deidre and Drake,everybody is scared about losing there jobs...if Deidre Hall can get fired then everybody can.....

Ken Corday have said that their already low budget has been cut nearly in half (40%),he is also said that DAYS is lucky to be getting another 20 months.
He says it's going to be a really rough 5 months and calls this "the darkest, worst period I have ever endured." DAYS is safe through 2009/2010, at that point there's an option to pick them up for another year.

It`s also a rumor going around that 5 more actors are getting fired from the show,making it a total 8 person out....the people that is rumor to be fired is

- Lauren koslow (kate)
- Bryan Dalto (Lucas)
- Mary Beth Evens (kayla)
- Stephen Nichols (patch)
- James scott (ej)
- Thaao Penghlis (tony)
- Leann Hunley (anna)
how is that five more people are rumored to be fired, but then you say 7 people as being fired, and then say it comes to a total of 8, without even mentioning Dee or Drake. Doesn't make any sense

Also, all of the info you presented was from the daytime confidental podcast. Please don't make it seem like you are "in the know," while we all can listen to the same podcast.
I never said i was `in the know``.....i google the net last night to see what peoples reaction to this news was,daytime confidental is not the only one reporting in Deidres reaction to the news....i have read on other bords about people that work on the set and have said that Deidre never saw this comming,she thinks its unforgivable and can not belive she got the pink slip after all her loyalty and support off the show over the years....She is said to be very pissed off
Edited by annn1, Nov 19 2008, 03:23 AM.

cassie1013

Kenny
Fuck "one of the magazines" - she should go all out and try and do Oprah! The Oprah Show should totally do a show on how soaps are DYING...to keep it relevant. Oprah did used to watch AMC I think, so ya know, might count for something. Whatever, it should be a TV interview with someone!

And have DH rip Corday and the show to shreds lol. Would LOVE it.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Kenny
That would be so not Deidre-like, except she totally needs to do it.

CatherineEarnshaw

cassie1013
Nov 19 2008, 04:50 AM
Kenny
Fuck "one of the magazines" - she should go all out and try and do Oprah! The Oprah Show should totally do a show on how soaps are DYING...to keep it relevant. Oprah did used to watch AMC I think, so ya know, might count for something. Whatever, it should be a TV interview with someone!

And have DH rip Corday and the show to shreds lol. Would LOVE it.
When Deidre returned in 91, Oprah had her on and said that Days jumped from number NINE to number TWO.

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

nancyhan77
Nov 18 2008, 09:04 PM
I can understand why Deidre is ticked off!! For God's sake this a a woman who has never said a bad word about the writing, Corday or this show since she started back in 1976 (I think that's when she started). Then she gets FIRED??? WHAT A SLAP IN HER FACE. Deidre needs to just pack up her stuff kick Ken Corday in the nuts shove all of the shit she doesn't want to take with her up his ass and move on to another show!!! This is just sickening what has happened to her.
you are so right!! she should just get out of there and let them figuire it out without her. I for one hope they just cancel the show since most of us won't be watching it any more after they are gone.

I have watched this show since day one and when dee started in 76 she took this show by storm, she has a huge fan base and when she is gone we are gone. I stopped watching in 87 when she left the first time and did not return until 91 when she came back. there will not longer be ra eason for me to continue to watch this show without her and drake so bye bye Days for me!!!

Pearly
Member Avatar

STOP PUTTING THE CAST, FANS AND BTS EMPLOYEES THROUGH HELL!!!! JUST CANCEL THE SHOW ALREADY!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! :frown:

shayera

Did Corday even ask Drake and Dee to take a pay cut to keep them?

Ask if they could take less for awhile while waiting on the economy to recover?

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

I can see now that Kate is going to die,or go off somewhere to die.And I now suspect Dr. Dan will hang around and either hook up with CHloe,or the new doc played by Sandra Robinson

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Darnit. I bet I am not the only one who opened this thread thinking there would be info on actual cast reactions to the firings. Hmmmmmmmmmph!

FanODays

OneBadKitty
Nov 18 2008, 07:36 PM
I don't see them getting rid of James Scott but then again, I never thought they'd fire Deidre Hall either.

No one is safe.
Exactly. Corday's comment about the cast cooperating could be aimed towards him if he has been voicing his opinion about EJ and EJ's stories, which he has.

The baby storyline could be wrapped up in a heartbeat if Corday said to do so and with Rafe and Brady in Salem, EJ couild find himself the odd man out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply