Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter and Kristian take Pay Cut, Jay Back?
Topic Started: Nov 19 2008, 08:10 PM (4,124 Views)
destinyrules
Member Avatar

well, least some Vet fans will be happy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Finally, some good news. I hope this is true and all three are staying. I can't imagine DAYS without any of the Big Four.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news to hear! I'm so glad Johnson's staying as Philip. And I'm glad to hear Alfonso and Reckell decided to take paycuts so they can stay. Both have things to do outside of DAYS, so I'm sure they'll be able to continue supporting their livestyles despite the paycut.

LovingDays

Yahoooooo

Mason
Member Avatar

I refuse to be grateful to Corday that he didn't fire Peter and Kristian or drop them to recurring. That shouldn't even be an option. Just like it shouldn't have been for Deidre, but I digress.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Good! I am glad that Jay isn't leaving!!

LovingDays

If you dont like Mason why are you complaining

Mason
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Nov 19 2008, 09:41 PM
If you dont like Mason why are you complaining
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.
Edited by Mason, Nov 19 2008, 09:42 PM.

LovingDays

You always give negative things for Days why is that

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thrilled Jay isn't leaving. He is wonderful with Stephanie and I am such a fan of his. Glad Bope is hanging around too.

Depending on how much Drake and Dee make, I doubt that a "pay cut" would even help them stay on. Someone said 4 million a year? Stil, I am can think of so many others that could go, but that is beside the point!

And like you, Lady, I just find it hard to believe anything anymore. We read JKJ is gone, spend hours fussing over it and blogging about it and freaking out all weekend, then the news is that he is staying and all of that was for nothing? Kind of a waste of time and stress.

Mason
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Nov 19 2008, 09:43 PM
Well, yeah, I "give negative things", as you say, when I don't like anything that's going on on the show (or behind the scenes). That's kind of intuitive. There's no ulterior motive or anything...
Edited by Mason, Nov 19 2008, 09:46 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I am thrilled that Peter and Kristian are staying. I understand the inconic status of Deidre Hall, and I am very unhappy to see her leave. But, more than anything, Bo and Hope represent Days of Our Lives to me. Hope represents the Hortons to me, and Bo represents the Bradys. As for JKJ I will be very happy if he stays, but it would still surprise me. I don't see him wanting to take a paycut. I can't imagine him being so fond of DAYS that he would "take one for the team." Now If dee was offered the chance to take a paycut, I am sure she would have taken it. I believe she is quite wealthy and wants DAYS tosurvive. Drake isn't needed and it's time for John Black to be gone. I'm not sad to see his bad acting leaving.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Mason
Nov 19 2008, 09:45 PM
LovingDays
Nov 19 2008, 09:43 PM
Well, yeah, I "give negative things", as you say, when I don't like anything that's going on on the show (or behind the scenes). That's kind of intuitive. There's no ulterior motive or anything...
....and THAT is what makes you so endearing.

You are such a giver ;)

e83talus
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 19 2008, 09:47 PM
I am thrilled that Peter and Kristian are staying. I understand the inconic status of Deidre Hall, and I am very unhappy to see her leave. But, more than anything, Bo and Hope represent Days of Our Lives to me. Hope represents the Hortons to me, and Bo represents the Bradys. As for JKJ I will be very happy if he stays, but it would still surprise me. I don't see him wanting to take a paycut. I can't imagine him being so fond of DAYS that he would "take one for the team." Now If dee was offered the chance to take a paycut, I am sure she would have taken it. I believe she is quite wealthy and wants DAYS tosurvive. Drake isn't needed and it's time for John Black to be gone. I'm not sad to see his bad acting leaving.
I agree with everything you said, except Drake's bad acting, but I don't think anything other was offered to Dee Hall which is reallly my sore point!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

e83talus
Nov 19 2008, 09:50 PM
goldylicious
Nov 19 2008, 09:47 PM
I agree with everything you said, except Drake's bad acting, but I don't think anything other was offered to Dee Hall which is reallly my sore point!
It is just the epitome of disrespect. And I can't even imagine that after all she has meant to the show, she wasn't even offered a chance to stay at a reduced rate. I think it is just hitting me now. How could they just fire her? I guess to send the message that no one is safe. How nice of Corday and NBC.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Well, this is a bit of good news. I never really imagined that Peter and Kristian would go recurring, and from how they've sounded(well especially Peter) in various interviews, they'll take paycuts. Of course, I imagine Drake and Deidre would too, not too sure about Drake but probably Deidre, but I imagine they were outright fired.

As for Jay...I am very glad. This doesn't compare to the blow that Drake/Deidre exiting struck but it helps keep that late twenty set alive and keeps a capable actor in the role of Philip(not saying they'd bring in a horrible recast though). And with Drake and Deidre gone that'd free up MORE than enough for Jay or he just took a paycut afterall.

King
Member Avatar

It also says that maybe their managers said they have no where else to go. LOL. I heard a soap exec bluntly say that these soap stars are just as desperate for their jobs as the shows are to keep them.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I agree with e83talus, and they fired Deidre and Drake without an offer to stay with a pay cut. What better way to keep the rest of your cast in line? Looks like it worked too.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Paxton
Nov 19 2008, 08:32 PM
I love the implication that people who might feel they're worth more than Corday is willing to pay are being characterized as non-team players who don't care about the good of the show. People who don't want to take a pay cut aren't necessarily greedy pigs who don't know the meaning of the word "loyalty." And of course, the actors were not the ones making dumb financial decisions but they're the ones paying the price, although of course part of it simply that soaps just aren't lucrative these days.
Why doesn't Corday be a "team player" and take a paycut? Idiot...

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Ugh. I don't know what to feel about this.

On the one hand I feel somewhat relieved that Kristian and Peter are staying, even accepting pay cuts when they both have families to provide for.

But at the same time I so wish they would tell Corday to shove it where the sun don't shine and quit or get fired anyway. I'm pretty certain other shows would salivate at the chance to nab them and utalize their talent instead of taking them out of the closet every once in awhile just to play bench sitters to the no-talent newbies / younger crowd.

I don't believe any such nonsense about "their managers telling them they have no where else to go" and even if it were true, I wouldn't laugh or scoff about it just because my fave(s) got the boot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply