Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter and Kristian take Pay Cut, Jay Back?
Topic Started: Nov 19 2008, 08:10 PM (4,016 Views)
jane1978

Good news. This goes with the theory I had from beginning. I really think Jayīs decision aka "misunderstanding" had been what pushed Corday to finally act. I think Jay and the show already had some kind of premature deal, but it was suddenly changed because the budget cuts and he said no. Tomlin really wanted him to stay as he clearly counts with him to lead the entire 20s group but there were no money to add so he called Corday and they finally started to solve the overblown cast.

I knew Corday would never let go Bo/Hope unless PR/KA goes totally unreasonable because the show builds them for years as the real (and only) iconic couple of the show and they have always something to do due to their connection to the SPD. The writers doesnīt have wonder all the time what story they could have and they donīt need any additional sets. Thatīs all big plus.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I am relieved. Very relieved. A DAYS without Jarlena AND Bope are sad, sad, sad DAYS.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is great news on both accounts...I really didn't want to lose Jay...

Days4Life

King
Nov 19 2008, 10:31 PM
It also says that maybe their managers said they have no where else to go. LOL. I heard a soap exec bluntly say that these soap stars are just as desperate for their jobs as the shows are to keep them.
Exactly. There are many very talented actors out of work these days.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Quote:

"And good for them!" says the source. "It says a lot about Peter and Kristian for them to do that. It says that they are team players and want the show to succeed."

Yeah, it must be a real hardship earning $800k a year instead $1.5 million. What a crock of shit. :eyeroll:
Edited by Ponz, Nov 20 2008, 12:43 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Ponz
Nov 20 2008, 12:42 PM
Quote:

"And good for them!" says the source. "It says a lot about Peter and Kristian for them to do that. It says that they are team players and want the show to succeed."

Yeah, it must be a real hardship earning $800k a year instead $1.5 million. What a crock of shit. :eyeroll:
Honestly, that's how I feel about it too.

But my beef is why not ask both the DH's the same thing? It just seems he didn't give Dee or Drake the chance to stay with the show, unlike KA and PR. Both the DH's deserve better.

jules

Kirk
Nov 20 2008, 12:51 PM
Ponz
Quote:

But my beef is why not ask both the DH's the same thing? It just seems he didn't give Dee or Drake the chance to stay with the show, unlike KA and PR. Both the DH's deserve better.
Exactly! From everything I've heard, they were NOT given that option. And by inferring that PR/KA are team players, it makes it look like Deidre/Drake were not. Very low class of Corday IMO.

daysfan
Member Avatar

jules
Nov 20 2008, 02:50 PM
Kirk
Ponz
Quote:

Exactly! From everything I've heard, they were NOT given that option. And by inferring that PR/KA are team players, it makes it look like Deidre/Drake were not. Very low class of Corday IMO.
Although I do feel bad for Corday, I feel bad for everyone at Days, I will say this:

Its always been evident that Corday and the HW(s) of the show(probably with the exception of JER) all like Bo and Hope more than J&M. I may be very wrong here but I've always gotten the feeling that Corday isn't as into John and Marlena as writers like JER have been. And its been evident in the writing IMO that Bo and Hope have been the favored couple over the past couple of years.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Ponz
Quote:

IMO going from $1.5 million to $800,000 is not considered a "massive" pay cut, so it was probably more substantial than a $250,000 cut.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ponz
Quote:

Wow, I think that is really disrespectful to Peter and Kristian. Unless you have some inside sources that tell you how much they make or what their paycut was, you really don't have any idea of what their reaction was or how it is affecting them.

Ponz
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Nov 20 2008, 03:35 PM
Ponz
Quote:

IMO going from $1.5 million to $800,000 is not considered a "massive" pay cut, so it was probably more substantial than a $250,000 cut.
$1.5 million - $700,000 = $800,000.

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, $1.5 million to $800,000 is a $700,000 dollar pay cut and is a 47% cut in pay. I'd consider that a massive cut. It may not send PR and KA into the poorhouse, but it's still a massive pay cut.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

jules
Nov 20 2008, 02:50 PM
Kirk
Ponz
Quote:

To be fair, we don't know that Corday was the "source" Sure he is scum, but let us blame him for what we know, not what we just think lol

Ponz
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Nov 20 2008, 03:39 PM
Ponz
Quote:

Wow, I think that is really disrespectful to Peter and Kristian. Unless you have some inside sources that tell you how much they make or what their paycut was, you really don't have any idea of what their reaction was or how it is affecting them.
My post was no reflection on Peter and Kristian. I was responding to the notion (conveyed by the source) that they were making this huge "sacrifice" for the team and the implicit criticism (again, conveyed by the source) that those refusing pay cuts are being "selfish". I'm sure Peter and Kristian wouldn't endorse this pretentious drivel conveyed on their behalf.
Edited by Ponz, Nov 20 2008, 04:00 PM.

sungrey

I don't know how successful it is, but Kristian does have a jewelry line she works on, and I know Peter's into music and other side projects. Ya, it's probably nowhere near the Days income, but I don't see either one of them as being extravagant spenders (especially given Peter's pro-green stance)...

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Ponz
Nov 20 2008, 03:40 PM
fancyface78
Nov 20 2008, 03:35 PM
Ponz
Quote:

$1.5 million - $700,000 = $800,000.
Haha, ok obviously math isn't my strong suit!!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ponz
Nov 20 2008, 03:50 PM
goldylicious
Nov 20 2008, 03:39 PM
Ponz
Quote:

My post was no reflection on Peter and Kristian. I was responding to the notion (conveyed by the source) that they were making this huge "sacrifice" for the team and the implicit criticism (again, conveyed by the source) that those refusing pay cuts are being "selfish". I'm sure Peter and Kristian wouldn't endorse this pretentious drivel conveyed on their behalf.
I understand what you are saying, but how do you even know how much they make?

FanODays

sungrey
Nov 20 2008, 03:55 PM
I don't know how successful it is, but Kristian does have a jewelry line she works on, and I know Peter's into music and other side projects. Ya, it's probably nowhere near the Days income, but I don't see either one of them as being extravagant spenders (especially given Peter's pro-green stance)...
Going green is not cheap by any means which is one of my beefs with many who try and guilt the average American to do it. A hybrid car costs about $10,000 more than its traditional counterpart.

Given how Days uses KA and PR and how sporadic they are shown, cutting their pay seems fair enough. My question is, will Sweeney be asked to take a cut too because you can bet she is right up there with KA and PR in terms of income. Its been the Sami show for too long for her not to be in that range.

The message that Corday is sending is that Brooks, Scott, Johnson, Bjolin, Zucker, etc. can't go in and ask for more money when their contracts are up because if they do, they will be replaced. Given the economy and how much these guys make for working far fewer hours a week than most of us do, I'm not shedding a single tear.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Ponz
Quote:

But do we know that they didn't?

That and how do we know what others factors played into it? maybe Sony or NBC wanted a couple gone. Who knows.

Daysfan is right though. Since JER left the first time, Bope have seemed more favored then J&M. It only seems like JER was the only writer to really push them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply