Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOU are the new Head Writer; Save the show in 6 months!
Topic Started: Nov 19 2008, 11:07 PM (1,697 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While posting in the "Who would you cut?" thread, I came up with some really good ideas that I think can save the show with the cast that I decided to keep. And I got rid of 7 highly paid actors in doing so.

That gave me the idea of sharing some story ideas for the next six months that I think would save the show. I'd love to share my ideas, and hear from you.

So you've just been called up by Ken Corday. He's giving you complete control of the show (as unbelievable as that is,) and allowing you to do whatever you want creatively. There are a few limitations though. Both Hall and Hogestyn must remain off the show due to financial reasons. You must get rid of a few more actors to help the budget. And you can't bring back any actors that would be totally unbelievable for the little budget. That means all you Kristen fans, don't even try to bring back Eileen Davidson! :P

So Corday has just given you complete control of the show. He has given you six months to improve the show. What storylines would you come up with?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sorry not interested LOL

peaches179

Jiggs
Nov 19 2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry not interested LOL

Ditto! Without Marlena, I just don't care.JMO

Mason

To help the budget, I would start by cutting loose Josh Taylor, Lauren Koslow (as much as I would hate it), Joe Mascolo (ditto), Bryan Dattilo, Nadia Bjorlin, Molly Burnett, Shelly Hennig, Thaao Penghlis, and Shawn Christian.

Kate would die from her cancer. Daniel would leave town, as would a griefstricken Lucas and Chloe.

Melanie would be sent packing back to France. Stephanie would also leave town to go back to into racing. Abby would return and be paired with Max. Nick and Chelsea would remain on the show but they wouldn't get back together.

I'd hire Martha Madison back and recast Shawn.

Lexie would begin to fall back towards her dark DiMera roots.

Stefano learns his brain tumor has returned, and in his final act of vengeance before dying, he blows up the Brady Pub. Roman is killed in the explosion.

Steve and Kayla explore Steve's missing years (I feel there's a goldmine there that still has yet to be fully exploited).

E.J. moves on from his obsession with Sami and takes his relationship with Nicole to the next level, as they become the new sexy, bad couple in Salem.

I'd bring on Jeremy (a recast) and Sarah to build up the next generation of Hortons.

These are just rough, off the top of my head ideas...

The contract cast would look like this

Frances Reid
Suzanne Rogers
Peter Reckell
Kristian Alfonso
Peggy McCay
Renee Jones
James Reynolds
Stephen Nichols
Mary Beth Evans
Darin Brooks
Martha Madison
Alison Sweeney
James Scott
Arianne Zucker
Blake Berris
Rachel Melvin

Plus recasts for Shawn, Abby, Jeremy and an actress to play Sarah
Edited by Mason, Nov 20 2008, 12:19 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ebola comes to Salem. Then, because they've all lost their homes due to the mortgage crisis and the lack of interest in people wanting to move into their now disinfected homes, a whole bunch of new people move to salem. :laugh:
Edited by Drew, Nov 19 2008, 11:39 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Seriously, I would do a story that uses most of the cast, i.e., the plane crash, as one of the A stories and write two or three B stories so that everyone has something. No one on my show would be wondering where so and so is.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The mayor's killer finds the safehouse and plans his invasion to kill Sami. Rafe and Sami have become somewhat friends thanks to Rafe's showing kindness and bringing photopraphs of Sami's children to the safehouse and setting up a Christmas tree for the holidays. When the killer breaks in, Rafe sends Sami into the bathroom and orders her to lock the door. From inside, Sami can hear the struggling and finally a gunshot! She looks through the crack in the door and sees Rafe laying on the ground, motionless. He's dead! The killer tries to get to Sami and breaks the door down. After chasing Sami around the room, he corners her in the closet and taunts her. Rafe manages to call Roman through his last breaths. Just when the killer is about to end Sami's life, Roman and other officers arrive and shoot the killer. He's still alive, as Roman wants him alive so that he can go to jail and they can find out who hired him to kill the mayor. In the end, Rafe is dead, and Roman notices Sami's stomach which is pretty big by now. Sami confesses to Roman that she's pregnant with EJ's child, but she kept it a secret because she doesn't want the child to be influenced by the DiMeras. Now that she's safe to walk the streets, Roman takes Sami to Marlena's and the three think of how to keep the DiMeras from finding out Sami is pregnant. They decide to send Sami to Denver with Marlena's parents, but someone else needs to be there to help Sami. Roman volunteers to move to Denver and take care of Sami until she gives birth and they figure out what to do next.

While recovering in the hospital from his bullet wound, the killer gets a visit from Stefano, and it's revealed that it was Stefano that hired the man to kill the mayor. Stefano orders the killer to keep his involvement a secret or else the killer's family will be in danger. The killer is going to jail, but wants his family to be taken care of. In return for his silence, Stefano promises to keep the killer's family well off, financially. The killer agrees to remain silent and is carted off to jail once he is fully recovered.

That would end the safehouse storyline. It gets rid of Josh Taylor and Galen Gerring, and gives Alison Sweeney a much-needed break as she goes on her maternity leave. More stories to come!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Nov 19 2008, 11:50 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I agree, I sure could use a break from Sami for a little while. And Nicole and Melanie as well.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Mason
Nov 19 2008, 11:30 PM
To help the budget, I would start by cutting loose Josh Taylor, Lauren Koslow (as much as I would hate it), Joe Mascolo (ditto), Bryan Dattilo, Nadia Bjorlin, Molly Burnett, Shelly Hennig, Thaao Penghlis, and Shawn Christian.

Kate would die from her cancer. Daniel would leave town, as would a griefstricken Lucas and Chloe.

Melanie would be sent packing back to France. Stephanie would also leave town to go back to into racing. Abby would return and be paired with Max. Nick and Chelsea would remain on the show but they wouldn't get back together.

I'd hire Martha Madison back and recast Shawn.

Lexie would begin to fall back towards her dark DiMera roots.

Stefano learns his brain tumor has returned, and in his final act of vengeance before dying, he blows up the Brady Pub. Roman is killed in the explosion.

Steve and Kayla explore Steve's missing years (I feel there's a goldmine there that still has yet to be fully exploited).

E.J. moves on from his obsession with Sami and takes his relationship with Nicole to the next level, as they become the new sexy, bad couple in Salem.

These are just rough, off the top of my head ideas...

The contract cast would look like this

Frances Reid
Suzanne Rogers
Peter Reckell
Kristian Alfonso
Peggy McCay
Renee Jones
James Reynolds
Stephen Nichols
Mary Beth Evans
Darin Brooks
Martha Madison
Alison Sweeney
James Scott
Arianne Zucker
Blake Berris
Rachel Melvin

Plus recasts for Shawn and Abby
:hail: I'd totally watch.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I may have posted this already, but here's what I would've done with Jawn/John:

John would've gotten his memory back a while ago but only Marlena would know about it. The "divorce" and the Jawn thing would be an act to keep Stefano in the dark. Then they blindside him!

For Nick, I would delve further into what made him go whacko by using Jessica's history of mental illness and Marie's history of being fragile. It would involve Maggie and Mickey and Bo and Hope, and perhaps a cameo by Maree Cheetham and Jean Bruce Scott.

The weight of the Dimera/Brady feud would not fall squarely on Sami. She would back away, stand up for herself and raise her children and be SAMI.

Shylock

What about if I wanted to find a new area of revenue for the show so that we can have the space to spend a little more money and get Deidre and Drake back, while still cutting other people off the show?

King
Member Avatar

I don't know if I have been watching the show closely enough to say what I would do right now, but click on the picture in my sig. LOL.

But I'd go out on a limb and try to guess.

All or any returns are clearly out of the question.

I would fire:

- Nick & Melanie, send them off into the sunset together as soon as possible,
- Stephanie, Steve, & Kayla - Max would stay in Salem, but the Johnsons would say goodbye and relocate back to San Diego, where I think Kayla came from.
- Dan - goodbye
- Rafe - goodbye
- Tony & Anna - Ride off into the Sunset as soon as possible, but hopefully after a serious, legitimate, compelling storyline.

Hopefully that would be enough to help the show budget wise for now.

I would then finally kill Mickey off in a tearjerking storyline involving his old age or his heart. Something that can be told over time and play out all of the beats of the dying process. Maggie/Suzanne would deal with all of that while struggling with falling off the wagon. New Mickey would be gone. Maggie would go through a storyline alone since no other Mickey will work anyway. The Horton's rally around her. Bring the Horton's back to the center of the show. (Even though there would be like none left at that point.)

Bring in a new, dirt cheap young guy who can act to play Jeremy and have him mix it up with Chelsea.

The Nicole/EJ/SamiLucas/Chloe/Philip/Morgan mess would end. I don't know if Morgan is still there. If she isn't, I'd bring her back and make her be a big southern belle bitch. I'd split the storyline into the foursome of Nic/Ej/Sami/Lucas, which, IMO, has a lot of potential but needs to be SCALED BACK BIG TIME!! And then the triangle of Phloe and Morgan with Phloe being the couple to root for, but Chloe would really need to be made to be likable again (or possibly for the first time, depending on who you ask.)

John, Marlena, Bo, and Hope need to go on a big adventure so I would have Shelle go missing or die or bring up a new secret from Hope and Marlena's pasts. Something that involves Stefano, possibly. It's all been done, but the show has been lacking a serious sense of adventure and suspense, and it needs to be injected into the show with these four.

I like the Carver's storyline with Theo so I would keep moving with that. Then, I would eventually have them ride off into the sunset for budget purposes.

cjknick
Member Avatar

In order to save the show with a 40% decreased budget and when all soaps are in ratings decline and Days does not have the full support of it's hosting network, they just fired their signature actors and they have just about a year to do it .... it would take a miracle!

First off Days needs a "Buzz" - the firing of Dee and Drake will create a "Buzz" and if Dee and Drake would be understanding about this and when the media seeks them out on interviews perhaps if they are not bitter Dee and Drake could be Days cheerleadings instead. They could indicate that Days due to huge budget cuts is in a state of re-shuffling and that they hope that when the dust settles and they get the budget in line they will be asked back.

2nd I would recommend that at some point (not all at once) everyone all the actors and crew are fired and rehired under new contracts - this would allow the spread of cuts more evenly across the boards. Some may choose to leave at this point. TPTB must be prepared to lose actors and crew. This collective share the burden approach works well because it is preceived to be fair and there is choice involved. I would also like to see that if it can be scheduled that actors be allowed to do more outside projects. Cross promotion is never a bad thing and when a Days actors shows up on an episode of a show on primetime this is a good thing.

This is the time to cut the pork and to cut the dead weight. This will allow for those fireproof dead weight cast and crew members to be let go. Plus the perks have to be let go as well. Time to clean house.

Who I would put on re-occuring ....

Suzanne (Maggie) - and since she need health insurance maybe on a reduced contract
Renee (Lexie)
James R (Abe)
Peggy (Caroline)
Josh (Roman)
Lauren (Kate)
Thaao (Tony)
Ken (Mickey) is already on reoccuring
LeAnne (Anna) is already on reoccurring
John (Victor) is already on reoccuring

I would let go ....

Bryan (Lucas)
Rachel (Chelsea)
Blake (Nick)
Darin (Max)
Since Peter, Kristen and possibly Stephen and MBE are going to be taking huge cuts they may be will be used a whole lot less I say break up the couples have Bo and Kayla mysteriously disappear have Hope develop a relationship first professional with Rafe (GG) than personal.... Have Steve develop a relationship with this new phyciatrist, then later on perhaps we learn what happened to Bo and Kayla - they on on s/l and finally we get the supercouple reunion dealing with the aftermath and how could they move on issues....

Get rid of the college crew and bring on a new teen scene ... bring back Will and build it around him. Melanie could turn out to be Nicole's daughter, bring back Joy (Chloe's sister) soras Ciara and bring in a mystery kid who just happens to be another of one of EJ's love children - sure shot EJ struck again 16 years ago and produced a son who is now thee heir to the DiMera empire - the twist is he's a good kid the other twist is his mother is still in love with EJ after all these years.

Brady and Nicole pair up
Daniel and Chloe pair up
Stephanie and Phillip pair up
EJ and Sami pair up

Stefano dies but still remains and influence over EJ since he comes back in spirit to guide and control his son. EJ and Brady face off and fight for the right to control their grandfather's empire - both EJ and Brady are Santo's grandsons and Nicole seems to think that Brady should fight for the fortune since he is older and should be the heir apparent. The ever resourceful Sami vows to help EJ take down Brady and Nicole.

Edited by cjknick, Nov 20 2008, 07:27 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Okay, here's my proposed storyline for the next six months (or maybe longer, who knows). I'm avoiding the who's gone list because well, I just don't like them (too morbid for me), but I do know that cuts would have to be made.

Anyway, if I could write the show (and was a better writer), I would have a series of scenes where somebody is watching EJ and Johnny, Bo, Hope, and Ciara, and Steve and Kayla and Joe. I wouldn't stretch it out too long, just enough to set the scene that there's trouble brewing. Then I would conveniently have Caroline babysitting all three kids one day. Somebody (masked figures of course), comes in and ties up Caroline (maybe even hurts, but not kills her), and takes the kids. A note is left that simply says "Your children for mine."

After a (hopefully very short) freakout period, the parents have to get together to figure out what it means. They gradually realize that the only connection is through Stefano -- he is Johnny's grandfather and both Hope and Steve spent time under Stefano's control. They all start digging into Stefano's past during Hope and Steve's missing years and uncover information indicating that Stefano may have used Hope and Steve to destroy a rival family. They confront him, he denies but after an impassioned plea about Johnny, finally reveals the truth -- he used Hope to infiltrate the rival's compound and Steve was part of the assassination team. The entire family was killed.

In the meantime, Stephanie and Philip are slowly (emphasis on slowly) growing closer and when her brother is kidnapped, Philip decides to use the Kiriakis resources to try and help. In the course of his investigation, he discovers that Victor was involved in business with Stefano during those "missing years" and may have known that Hope and/or Steve were alive. However, revealing that information would have compromised the Kiriakis business so he remained silent. Victor also knows something about the rival who has targeted the DiMera/Brady/Johnson families, but revealing that information would reveal his earlier culpability, so he is torn about what to do. In usual Victor fashion, he goes his own way to try and get the kids back. Philip finds out and is also torn between loyalty to his father and wanting to help Stephanie.

Also in the meantime, Sami finds out what is going on. One way or another, the WPP storyline is wrapped up and, after giving birth and hiding the child (knowing he/she is in even more danger after what happened with Johnny), she returns to Salem. She and EJ bond over their fear for Johnny, leaving Nicole feeling left out (I'm ditching any kind of baby switch story -- she just tells EJ and they deal with it). So, she starts drinking again, but Brady is there to help her and they bond further. Rafe returns to the FBI, but he knows Sami's secret so they have a bond of sorts as well.

Eventually (and not in a long, painfully drawn out way), the various threads come together and the families figure out where the kids are being held, right about the same time Victor and Philip do. Everybody heads to that place and the big showdown takes place. After all is said and done, the rival is vanquished, Stefano is killed, and the kids are saved and everybody returns home.

Then the fallout occurs. Steve deals with the things he did as a DiMera soldier (maybe a PTSD type storyline), Hope has some similar issues and they turn to each other (not in a romantic way), leaving Bo and Kayla feeling left out and a bit useless. This gives each couple some issues to work through (as B or C storylines) for the next few weeks/months. Just as things are getting back to normal, a colleague from Kayla's time in LA arrives, seeking input on a project they worked on together. Is the colleague a good guy? Is the project dangerous?

Somewhere in the course of all of this, the fact that Victor knew about Hope and Steve is revealed and there is fallout for the entire Brady family (Victor/Caroline, Bo/Victor, Chelsea/Victor), as well as Philip and Stephanie. That storyline plays out over the next few months. Philip and Stephanie get an old-fashioned romantic buildup. The conflict between their families continues to be a problem, but they gradually figure out how to deal with it. But, will something else come between them?

The fallout continues for EJ/Sami/Nicole/Brady. Part of that fallout is EJ discoverying that Sami had his child and hid it from him. Does that destroy EJ and Sami completely? Has Nicole fallen for Brady? There are various ways to play it and I'm not sure which way I would choose just yet, but it's there. Plus, EJ has to make a choice about the DiMera legacy. He almost lost his son because of it. Does he really want it that badly? Could he take it over without losing his soul (assuming you believe he has one) in the process?

There would be some other storylines going on at the same time -- Abe/Lexie/Theo, Chelsea/Nick (she helps him through his breakdown), Max/somebody who is not his niece. The main storyline also affects each of these characters, just less directly.

So, that's my idea. I know that not everybody is going to like it, but please don't hurt me. :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 20 2008, 11:43 AM
Okay, here's my proposed storyline for the next six months (or maybe longer, who knows). I'm avoiding the who's gone list because well, I just don't like them (too morbid for me), but I do know that cuts would have to be made.

Anyway, if I could write the show (and was a better writer), I would have a series of scenes where somebody is watching EJ and Johnny, Bo, Hope, and Ciara, and Steve and Kayla and Joe. I wouldn't stretch it out too long, just enough to set the scene that there's trouble brewing. Then I would conveniently have Caroline babysitting all three kids one day. Somebody (masked figures of course), comes in and ties up Caroline (maybe even hurts, but not kills her), and takes the kids. A note is left that simply says "Your children for mine."

After a (hopefully very short) freakout period, the parents have to get together to figure out what it means. They gradually realize that the only connection is through Stefano -- he is Johnny's grandfather and both Hope and Steve spent time under Stefano's control. They all start digging into Stefano's past during Hope and Steve's missing years and uncover information indicating that Stefano may have used Hope and Steve to destroy a rival family. They confront him, he denies but after an impassioned plea about Johnny, finally reveals the truth -- he used Hope to infiltrate the rival's compound and Steve was part of the assassination team. The entire family was killed.

In the meantime, Stephanie and Philip are slowly (emphasis on slowly) growing closer and when her brother is kidnapped, Philip decides to use the Kiriakis resources to try and help. In the course of his investigation, he discovers that Victor was involved in business with Stefano during those "missing years" and may have known that Hope and/or Steve were alive. However, revealing that information would have compromised the Kiriakis business so he remained silent. Victor also knows something about the rival who has targeted the DiMera/Brady/Johnson families, but revealing that information would reveal his earlier culpability, so he is torn about what to do. In usual Victor fashion, he goes his own way to try and get the kids back. Philip finds out and is also torn between loyalty to his father and wanting to help Stephanie.

Also in the meantime, Sami finds out what is going on. One way or another, the WPP storyline is wrapped up and, after giving birth and hiding the child (knowing he/she is in even more danger after what happened with Johnny), she returns to Salem. She and EJ bond over their fear for Johnny, leaving Nicole feeling left out (I'm ditching any kind of baby switch story -- she just tells EJ and they deal with it). So, she starts drinking again, but Brady is there to help her and they bond further. Rafe returns to the FBI, but he knows Sami's secret so they have a bond of sorts as well.

Eventually (and not in a long, painfully drawn out way), the various threads come together and the families figure out where the kids are being held, right about the same time Victor and Philip do. Everybody heads to that place and the big showdown takes place. After all is said and done, the rival is vanquished, Stefano is killed, and the kids are saved and everybody returns home.

Then the fallout occurs. Steve deals with the things he did as a DiMera soldier (maybe a PTSD type storyline), Hope has some similar issues and they turn to each other (not in a romantic way), leaving Bo and Kayla feeling left out and a bit useless. This gives each couple some issues to work through (as B or C storylines) for the next few weeks/months. Just as things are getting back to normal, a colleague from Kayla's time in LA arrives, seeking input on a project they worked on together. Is the colleague a good guy? Is the project dangerous?

Somewhere in the course of all of this, the fact that Victor knew about Hope and Steve is revealed and there is fallout for the entire Brady family (Victor/Caroline, Bo/Victor, Chelsea/Victor), as well as Philip and Stephanie. That storyline plays out over the next few months. Philip and Stephanie get an old-fashioned romantic buildup. The conflict between their families continues to be a problem, but they gradually figure out how to deal with it. But, will something else come between them?

The fallout continues for EJ/Sami/Nicole/Brady. Part of that fallout is EJ discoverying that Sami had his child and hid it from him. Does that destroy EJ and Sami completely? Has Nicole fallen for Brady? There are various ways to play it and I'm not sure which way I would choose just yet, but it's there. Plus, EJ has to make a choice about the DiMera legacy. He almost lost his son because of it. Does he really want it that badly? Could he take it over without losing his soul (assuming you believe he has one) in the process?

There would be some other storylines going on at the same time -- Abe/Lexie/Theo, Chelsea/Nick (she helps him through his breakdown), Max/somebody who is not his niece. The main storyline also affects each of these characters, just less directly.

So, that's my idea. I know that not everybody is going to like it, but please don't hurt me. :)
I freaking love that! You would have me hooked for those six months, at least. :biggrin:

esp13
Member Avatar

Thanks. Parts of it have been stewing around in my brain for awhile, but I never thought of it as one big umbrella storyline. But with these particular characters, it's not too hard to make it happen.

I was going to add that I know that sets are going to be a major issue, but I think the storyline could work anyway. You just have all the pow wows in a central location (DiMera mansion, Pub, police station) and use one set for the big showdown (kind of like the ViMansion in the Ava storyline). Sure, it's not perfect, but if the writing is compelling, the lack of sets isn't nearly such a big issue.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Abe, Lexie and Theo deal with life in the spotlight thanks to Abe's new position as mayor. Abe's new duties takes him away from home for several periods of time. Due to it being near the holidays, Lexie grants Stefano's wish and allows him to finally see his grandson. Lexie keeps these visits with Stefano a secret and is very hesitant at first to let Stefano see Theo, but when she notices that Theo warms up to Stefano and accepts his grandfather, she becomes more at ease. She still keeps the truth from Abe. Through Stefano and Theo's bonding, Stefano and Lexie bond as well. Through Theo, Abe finds out that Stefano has been spending time with his son and Lexie has allowed it and kept it from him. The Carvers will deal with this issue and it'll be the conflict in their marriage. At first, Abe wants the visits to stop, but he notices how much Theo enjoys spending time with Stefano, and he must swallow his pride and allow his son to spend time with his enemy. However, Abe doesn't like watching his family slowly being converted into DiMeras.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nicole loses the baby and is heartbroken. Brady, who was there because Nicole called him when she couldn't get a hold of EJ, is told by the doctors, who assume that he is the baby's father. Brady comforts Nicole and offers his support through this tragic time. Nicole dreads having to tell EJ the truth when he returns from his business trip with Stefano. Upon the DiMeras return, they shower Nicole with gifts they picked up on their trip for the baby. EJ is showing Nicole so much love and even proposes to her so they can be an official family when the baby arrives. Nicole can't find it in herself to tell EJ the truth, and makes Brady promise to keep it a secret as well. When Brady asks Nicole how she's going to continue the charade, Nicole reveals a pregnancy pad that she's going to use until she figures out what to do next. She isn't going to lose EJ and she needs a baby to ensure that happens.

EJ and Nicole marry over the holidays in a small ceremony at the DiMera mansion. Tony is EJ's best man, while Chloe is Nicole's maid of honor. Brandon Walker returns to town to walk Nicole down the aisle. While getting ready for the wedding, Nicole raises Chloe's suspicions when Chloe offers to help Nicole with her dress, but Nicole pushes her away. EJ and Nicole recite their vows and are married in front of their family and friends. EJ has a honeymoon planned for the two of them, but Nicole fears that EJ will want to make love on the honeymoon and she won't be able to excuse herself, so she makes up an excuse to get out of going on the honeymoon, one that EJ believes. Instead, EJ gives the honeymoon package to Tony and Anna, and the two leave for their second honeymoon (and they won't be back).

Time is ticking and Nicole must get herself a bigger pregnancy pad to make the growth believable. Brady learns Nicole has been researching the purchase of babies on the black market and realizes how desperate she really is. Brady gets an idea and tells Nicole that he may have a solution to her problem. Brady introduces Nicole to Randi, a pregnant woman that Brady used to do drugs with years ago. Randi has been clean for months now, before she became pregnant, but she got pregnant and wants to give the baby up for adoption...for a price. Nicole assures Randi that money isn't an option and offers her a fortune, on the agreement that Nicole goes along with Randi to all of her appointments to insure that the baby is healthy. The ladies agree to the agreement, and while Brady still doesn't agree with Nicole's decision to lie, he wants to see Nicole happy and with a healthy baby, and he would be helping out Randi as well.

Throughout Randi's pregnancy, Nicole goes with her to appointments and the two become somewhat friends. One day, Chloe spots Nicole and Randi at the hospital together, and Chloe recognizes Randi as one of Brady's old junkie friends. Chloe confronts Nicole, and while Nicole tries to lie, Chloe lifts Nicole's shirt up and pulls out her pregnancy pad. Nicole asks Chloe to keep this a secret and explains everything that happend. Chloe is hurt that Nicole didn't confide the secret in her since they're friends, but agrees to keep the truth a secret.

Randi's due date is quickly approaching and Nicole notices that Randi is starting to enjoy the pregnancy, and notices that Randi is caressing her stomach more often, as well as talking to the baby. Nicole doesn't like this and asks Randi if she plans on flaking out. Randi admits that she has second thoughts, but she needs the money and can't give the baby the life it needs on her own. She agrees to keep her promise and give the baby to Nicole. To keep the birth a secret, Nicole hires a midwife that will come to a secluded house where she will deliver Randi's baby. Nicole will also happen to be at this house, on business, which will explain why she ddin't go to the hospital and had to give birth at this house, away from EJ. The midwife delivers a healthy baby girl. When the midwife offers to let Randi hold the baby, Nicole protests and tells Randi that it won't be wise because she will then become connected to the baby. Nicole takes the baby and rocks her in her arms, proud that her plan was a success. After the midwife and Randi are paid their dues and away from the house, Nicole calls Brady, who arrives and is surprised to see Nicole with a baby. Nicole asks Brady to lie one last time and say he delivered the baby because they were stuck in this house together and couldn't get to the hospital. Nicole sets up the scene and places herself in the position that Randi was in while giving birth, and tells Brady to call EJ and the ambulance. EJ arrives and shares this special moment with Nicole and "their" baby.

Weeks and even months pass, and EJ and Nicole are enjoying their time as new parents with their daughter, Deanna. Just when Nicole thinks her life couldn't get any better, a man and wife show up at the DiMera mansion, claiming to be Randi's parents and they want Randi's baby. Nicole learns that Randi took the money she gave her and bought drugs and became an addict again. Not caring about what happens, Randi told her parents where the baby was, despite not wanting anything to do with the baby. Nicole denies the couple's claim and refuses to let them see the baby. She tells them that the baby is hers and she claims to not know who Randi is. The couple spot Brady coming to the mansion, and realize that he's involved and that Nicole is lying. While they can't do anything, and it'll be hard to get custody of the baby on their own, they track down the baby's father, who wants to be a part of the baby's life and they bring him to Salem to reclaim his daughter.

The baby's father and Randi's parents arrive at the mansion with officers and EJ and Nicole are forced to allow a doctor to get a DNA sample from the baby because she might not be theirs. EJ confronts Nicole, and while she tries to lie, he can see right through her and she breaks down and confesses that the baby is not theirs. Their baby died and Nicole found a mother that didn't want her baby so she agreed to give it to Nicole. Legally, the baby is theirs. EJ is very hurt by Nicole's lies, but has grown connected to the little girl and vows to fight to keep Deanna.

A long custody battle is drawn out and when Nicole's shady dealings of how she kept the truth of the switch a secret are revealed, the judge grants Deanna's biological father custody. EJ is devestated to lose his daughter and really lashes out on Nicole for all of her lies. EJ kicks Nicole out of the mansion and files for divorce, vowing to never want to see her pathetic face again.

Feeling alone and like there is nothing else in the world, Nicole turns to the bottle and hard. It'll be Brady that helps her through this downward spiral and the two reconnect and realize that they're in love with each other. That is why Brady agreed to help her through all of this. He just wants to see her happy. Nicole realizes that she can be happy with Brady.

cjknick
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 20 2008, 02:49 PM
Nicole loses the baby and is heartbroken. Brady, who was there because Nicole called him when she couldn't get a hold of EJ, is told by the doctors, who assume that he is the baby's father. Brady comforts Nicole and offers his support through this tragic time. Nicole dreads having to tell EJ the truth when he returns from his business trip with Stefano. Upon the DiMeras return, they shower Nicole with gifts they picked up on their trip for the baby. EJ is showing Nicole so much love and even proposes to her so they can be an official family when the baby arrives. Nicole can't find it in herself to tell EJ the truth, and makes Brady promise to keep it a secret as well. When Brady asks Nicole how she's going to continue the charade, Nicole reveals a pregnancy pad that she's going to use until she figures out what to do next. She isn't going to lose EJ and she needs a baby to ensure that happens.

EJ and Nicole marry over the holidays in a small ceremony at the DiMera mansion. Tony is EJ's best man, while Chloe is Nicole's maid of honor. Brandon Walker returns to town to walk Nicole down the aisle. While getting ready for the wedding, Nicole raises Chloe's suspicions when Chloe offers to help Nicole with her dress, but Nicole pushes her away. EJ and Nicole recite their vows and are married in front of their family and friends. EJ has a honeymoon planned for the two of them, but Nicole fears that EJ will want to make love on the honeymoon and she won't be able to excuse herself, so she makes up an excuse to get out of going on the honeymoon, one that EJ believes. Instead, EJ gives the honeymoon package to Tony and Anna, and the two leave for their second honeymoon (and they won't be back).

Time is ticking and Nicole must get herself a bigger pregnancy pad to make the growth believable. Brady learns Nicole has been researching the purchase of babies on the black market and realizes how desperate she really is. Brady gets an idea and tells Nicole that he may have a solution to her problem. Brady introduces Nicole to Randi, a pregnant woman that Brady used to do drugs with years ago. Randi has been clean for months now, before she became pregnant, but she got pregnant and wants to give the baby up for adoption...for a price. Nicole assures Randi that money isn't an option and offers her a fortune, on the agreement that Nicole goes along with Randi to all of her appointments to insure that the baby is healthy. The ladies agree to the agreement, and while Brady still doesn't agree with Nicole's decision to lie, he wants to see Nicole happy and with a healthy baby, and he would be helping out Randi as well.

Throughout Randi's pregnancy, Nicole goes with her to appointments and the two become somewhat friends. One day, Chloe spots Nicole and Randi at the hospital together, and Chloe recognizes Randi as one of Brady's old junkie friends. Chloe confronts Nicole, and while Nicole tries to lie, Chloe lifts Nicole's shirt up and pulls out her pregnancy pad. Nicole asks Chloe to keep this a secret and explains everything that happend. Chloe is hurt that Nicole didn't confide the secret in her since they're friends, but agrees to keep the truth a secret.

Randi's due date is quickly approaching and Nicole notices that Randi is starting to enjoy the pregnancy, and notices that Randi is caressing her stomach more often, as well as talking to the baby. Nicole doesn't like this and asks Randi if she plans on flaking out. Randi admits that she has second thoughts, but she needs the money and can't give the baby the life it needs on her own. She agrees to keep her promise and give the baby to Nicole. To keep the birth a secret, Nicole hires a midwife that will come to a secluded house where she will deliver Randi's baby. Nicole will also happen to be at this house, on business, which will explain why she ddin't go to the hospital and had to give birth at this house, away from EJ. The midwife delivers a healthy baby girl. When the midwife offers to let Randi hold the baby, Nicole protests and tells Randi that it won't be wise because she will then become connected to the baby. Nicole takes the baby and rocks her in her arms, proud that her plan was a success. After the midwife and Randi are paid their dues and away from the house, Nicole calls Brady, who arrives and is surprised to see Nicole with a baby. Nicole asks Brady to lie one last time and say he delivered the baby because they were stuck in this house together and couldn't get to the hospital. Nicole sets up the scene and places herself in the position that Randi was in while giving birth, and tells Brady to call EJ and the ambulance. EJ arrives and shares this special moment with Nicole and "their" baby.

Weeks and even months pass, and EJ and Nicole are enjoying their time as new parents with their daughter, Deanna. Just when Nicole thinks her life couldn't get any better, a man and wife show up at the DiMera mansion, claiming to be Randi's parents and they want Randi's baby. Nicole learns that Randi took the money she gave her and bought drugs and became an addict again. Not caring about what happens, Randi told her parents where the baby was, despite not wanting anything to do with the baby. Nicole denies the couple's claim and refuses to let them see the baby. She tells them that the baby is hers and she claims to not know who Randi is. The couple spot Brady coming to the mansion, and realize that he's involved and that Nicole is lying. While they can't do anything, and it'll be hard to get custody of the baby on their own, they track down the baby's father, who wants to be a part of the baby's life and they bring him to Salem to reclaim his daughter.

The baby's father and Randi's parents arrive at the mansion with officers and EJ and Nicole are forced to allow a doctor to get a DNA sample from the baby because she might not be theirs. EJ confronts Nicole, and while she tries to lie, he can see right through her and she breaks down and confesses that the baby is not theirs. Their baby died and Nicole found a mother that didn't want her baby so she agreed to give it to Nicole. Legally, the baby is theirs. EJ is very hurt by Nicole's lies, but has grown connected to the little girl and vows to fight to keep Deanna.

A long custody battle is drawn out and when Nicole's shady dealings of how she kept the truth of the switch a secret are revealed, the judge grants Deanna's biological father custody. EJ is devestated to lose his daughter and really lashes out on Nicole for all of her lies. EJ kicks Nicole out of the mansion and files for divorce, vowing to never want to see her pathetic face again.

Feeling alone and like there is nothing else in the world, Nicole turns to the bottle and hard. It'll be Brady that helps her through this downward spiral and the two reconnect and realize that they're in love with each other. That is why Brady agreed to help her through all of this. He just wants to see her happy. Nicole realizes that she can be happy with Brady.
This is better than anything Dena could write ... fantastic job!!!!

Hypnotoad

Edited by Hypnotoad, Apr 10 2010, 05:14 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply