Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
what would it take to get Deidre back on the show?
Topic Started: Nov 20 2008, 03:29 AM (2,300 Views)
annn1
Member Avatar

I think KC would have to drop to his knees and beg her to come back for starters,i think he would pay whatever she asked for....
When u think about it in a new light,Deidre really has all control over the Days future.....

Dont get me wrong,i hate it that she and Drake are leaving....John and Marlena is my favorite on the show,but Deidre really holds alll the cards now....
She could ask for anything when KC phones her to ask her to come back again,if she says no...drop dead....the show is over,if she said yes....she could ask for the world and Corday would have to give it to her.....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I hope she doesn't come back and finds work else where, then she can tell KC to kiss her azz.

e83talus
Member Avatar

annn1
Nov 20 2008, 03:29 AM
I think KC would have to drop to his knees and beg her to come back for starters,i think he would pay whatever she asked for....
When u think about it in a new light,Deidre really has all control over the Days future.....

Dont get me wrong,i hate it that she and Drake are leaving....John and Marlena is my favorite on the show,but Deidre really holds alll the cards now....
She could ask for anything when KC phones her to ask her to come back again,if she says no...drop dead....the show is over,if she said yes....she could ask for the world and Corday would have to give it to her.....
Sadly, I don't think she would ask for anything and I don't think she would come back.
I think if asked she would have sacrificed her salary, her time on-screen and even agreed to recurring just like Victor did a few years ago. Now that Ken has made this an issue of her and Drake's big salary or the rest of the show, I see her simply walking away from the show that she wanted to stay on till its end, which will likely be June 09!

I actually see NBC offering her anything she wanted to stay before Ken would since this is sadly all about "the worst period He has ever been through."

dooldooldool

1. No job offers from anyone else.
2. A phone call from Ken.

She'll be back. Especially if the show receives a cancellation notice. No matter how bitter/angry/peeved she may be, she loves her fans so much that she would gladly come back for The Final Show.

As it is, I expect we will see her back with some "special deal" by Christmas 2009.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

She's in the bag for the next 'Plan to Save Days.' I can't imagine she wouldn't be down for that.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I hope everything, but without success. This is just so insulting, that's the thing. But at the same time, I can see why she'd go back. They're her family, she's been there for over half of her life.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Honestly, I don't want her back at Days. It's a sinking ship and I would rather her find work elsewhere. Y&R would be an awesome fit for her, and that show is riding a wave of creative greatness right now. It's the most consistent show in daytime -- unlike Days, which is great for a month and then goes to pot for the rest of the year.

If I honestly believed that Days had a chance at surviving and becoming great again, I wouldn't want Deidre going anywhere. But all hope my hope for Days has gone right out the window, and the quicker my favorites are gone, the quicker I can let the show go for good. It's a sad thought, but for me, it's necessary. I'm tired of being disappointed by this show and watching it destroy itself.

Oh! I also had a dream last night that Deidre was hired as the new co-host of "Talk Sex with Sue" on Oxygen, LoL.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 22 2008, 10:20 AM
Oh! I also had a dream last night that Deidre was hired as the new co-host of "Talk Sex with Sue" on Oxygen, LoL.
LMAO, hilarity!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

well Corday would need to win the lottery first.

Then, hopefully she'd come back. I'd hope she's been in the business long enough, and been there long enough to recognize a business decision when she sees one and not hold some kind of grudge.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

What would it take to get her back you ask?

All the Deidre and Jarlena fans sending in say $100 or more each every month may almost cover it...... ;)

jules

Saw this rumor on the toDays board about Deidre. This poster is a regular on that forum:

This is an *unconfirmed* rumor about Dee Hall. Don't continue if you don't want to know...

I've been posting here for quite some time, and I certainly don't have any "inside track" at NBC or DOOL. But I do have a family member who works for CBS. Apparently over the past several days word has been spreading that Maria Bell and Paul Rauch (EPs) are gunning to get Dee onto the Young and the Restless (she was there from 1973-1975). Word is that they are even willing to make some cuts to the existing B-cast to free up budget for her.

I'm not sure how that would pan out. From what I've heard, there are some strong egos over at Y&R and Dee would be arriving with a lot of attention focused her way. Could be an interesting scenario.

Again I can't confirm this, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

http://www.coffeerooms.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/7329.html

Edited by jules, Nov 22 2008, 01:17 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I hope she doesn't return. Even if she returned she'd be given a crappy storyline and would get a limited storyline. She's better off without DAYS.

Mason
Member Avatar

I hope when Corday's pathetic ass comes crawling back (and I have no doubt it will eventually), Deidre laughs in his face. I hope that Y&R rumor is true!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think her coming to Y&R would definitely be good for the show. But I wouldnt want her at the expense of Y&R's own vets, or "B" List.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Nov 23 2008, 12:31 AM
I think her coming to Y&R would definitely be good for the show. But I wouldnt want her at the expense of Y&R's own vets, or "B" List.
I don't believe in the rumors. Would any show really want to have to deal with her fanbase? LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

LOL, seriously. But Y&R is not a fanbasey show, I dont see them putting up with the crazy demands from her fans. She will never be a star there, not when the bulk of their cast has 20+ years there under their belts as their characters.
Edited by Drew, Nov 23 2008, 12:42 AM.

hops
Member Avatar

Amello
Nov 23 2008, 12:36 AM
Drew
Nov 23 2008, 12:31 AM
I don't believe in the rumors. Would any show really want to have to deal with her fanbase? LOL
Thanks, very nice. But they won't have to worry about me, I'm not interested in Y&R.
Edited by hops, Nov 23 2008, 01:00 AM.

Ellie

Drew
Nov 23 2008, 12:40 AM
But Y&R is not a fanbasey show, I dont see them putting up with the crazy demands from her fans.
What do we do?? I'm so interested to know!
Edited by Ellie, Nov 23 2008, 12:56 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Sending in bed linnens for fictional characters to watch them have sex on is creepy
Edited by Drew, Nov 23 2008, 01:04 AM.

Ellie

Drew
Nov 23 2008, 01:01 AM
Sending in bed linnens for fictional characters to have sex on for one thing
lol, it's a campaign! Fans wanted a love scene and came up with a creative campaign to express that. I'm not sure if you read the SOD Insider (I'm guessing from this post that you don't), but there have been far, far more creative campaigns than that, believe me. It's all part of 'soap fandom', and it's definitely not limited to John and Marlena.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply