Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre Hall & Drake Hogestyn FIRED!
Topic Started: Nov 15 2008, 09:17 AM (22,832 Views)
leelee
Member Avatar

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=125073

Hope takes Dee with him. They deserve better than this piece of shit show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hergie23
Member Avatar

I agree. I am officially done with this show. As much as I love Dee, I can't find it in myself to support Days anymore. They really treat their actors like crap. I do hope she leaves with him, though.

Manny
Member Avatar

What? They fired him? I can't see the news on this link, but I am assuming Drake is out, by the reactions...

So they killed John last year in a fantastic story, but they brought him back and totally ruined that story and now he's gone again?

:lol:

I'm sorry, but it's moves like this that DAYS deserves to be canceled.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Um, is this true? Who's reporting it?

I could not honestly see them cutting Drake again.

leelee
Member Avatar

You have to hi-light the box. It's from his fanclub.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

i just got texted about this

THIS is fucking BULLSHIT

and i am pissed

if i didnt want the show to tank now
dear god i hope it does

Drake and Deidre......Thaao and Leann dont deserve this shit

i am so pissed i cant think

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

WOW! Days is just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it?

cjknick
Member Avatar

This makes no sense whatsoever .... they just brought back Brady! Why bring back Brady if they are going to get rid of John????

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Oh crap. Someone just emailed this to me too.

leelee
Member Avatar

cjknick
Nov 15 2008, 09:27 AM
This makes no sense whatsoever .... they just brought back Brady! Why bring back Brady if they are going to get rid of John????
To fuck with the saga that is Ejami/Ejole.

cjknick
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 15 2008, 09:27 AM
Oh crap. Someone just emailed this to me too.
OBK do you think this is creditable????

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

It could...most fan club presidents DO know that kind of things....and I can ask his manager about it as well

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I love John Black! Even though the Hack writing for him of late has been atrocious, I stll love him.

NB was right..BLOODBATH is the correct term.

JKJ and now DH. It makes me nervous as to who is next.

But hey, we still have GG.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Okay, I stand corrected then.

I just can't believe they cut him again. Now I love Drake, and I wouldn't be too broken over seeing him leave again, it just shocks me that Days would cut one of the "Big Four" twice within a year.

And now Hogan made his original exit GREAT, and I really didn't feel he needed to be brought back, but...if they can make this exit good, and I mean REALLY good, then Days could easily survive or even better themselves from this.

All of these budget cuts don't have to be a bad thing. The show just has to make the exits, stories, and everything good and intriguing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Color me surprised. Simply because I thought out of the vets, the DHs were safe. Why? Because they were the only ones with an actual story. Sure it's been backburnered but it's coming back around again.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

Days deserves no loyalty from anyone
cna we start a boycott thread

Jonatha

Source: Salem Place Annex board

It's official again: Ken Corday called Drake and informed him that John is being "taken off the canvas because we have other stories to tell" and was given no other explanation!!!!!!! They might as well cancel the whole **** show now and save a miserable demise. Just thought you all would appreciate knowing. I know there are many John fans and John & Marlena fans too. I received the info in an e-mail from Drake's fan club president& managers that went out to all his fan club members ( he has over 300 she told me @ the Day of Days event.) It has not been announced until now. I hope you will all begin to let TPTB know how you feel about this. Even if you hate the "new John" well now you are going to have no hope of ever getting the old one back either.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 15 2008, 09:38 AM
Source: Salem Place Annex board

It's official again: Ken Corday called Drake and informed him that John is being "taken off the canvas because we have other stories to tell" and was given no other explanation!!!!!!! They might as well cancel the whole **** show now and save a miserable demise. Just thought you all would appreciate knowing. I know there are many John fans and John & Marlena fans too. I received the info in an e-mail from Drake's fan club president& managers that went out to all his fan club members ( he has over 300 she told me @ the Day of Days event.) It has not been announced until now. I hope you will all begin to let TPTB know how you feel about this. Even if you hate the "new John" well now you are going to have no hope of ever getting the old one back either.
Thanks Jonatha ....

This one is really hard to take. Shocking to say the least. Makes absolutely no sense. My only thought is that Drake must have made a lot of money and that they had to go to this great extent to get the budget inline. Makes you wonder who else is getting pink slipped???? As someone was saying no one is safe....

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

They are not...GH is the leading contender in that regard! And I know I am about to sound cynical, but someone asked why they kept Melanie and such.....newcomers do NOT get paid as much as the vets do....they work cheap and they can keep them b/c they KNOW they are not getting much money. Do I think they will not be fired soon? I think they will get pink slipped but right away? I don't think so. Heavy hitters MAY come first before starting to get rid of the riff-raff ie Melanie.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I can see them letting SN and MBE go and the college age crew like BB, EM, DB and SH but DRAKE - no way! What about JT or even Peggy they are vets who must make alot??? Heck JS is my favorite and I could see them letting him go before letting Drake go. I could see them letting AS go before Drake!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply