Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: December spoilers!; week of 12/8 & 12/15 *UPDATED 12/4*
Topic Started: Nov 21 2008, 07:52 PM (18,670 Views)
LovingDays

Everything is good expect Daniel/Chloe please bring Chloe to Brady why dena why
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Nov 21 2008, 10:34 PM
Tripp, I don't think Melanie has real feelings for Phillip per say, but she just wants to be an annoying girl and try to break the growing connectiong between Phillip and Stephanie, since Steph and Melanie hate each other.
Melanie is madly in love with...

Herself.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

OneBadKitty
Nov 22 2008, 12:01 AM
Charmqn
Nov 21 2008, 10:34 PM
Tripp, I don't think Melanie has real feelings for Phillip per say, but she just wants to be an annoying girl and try to break the growing connectiong between Phillip and Stephanie, since Steph and Melanie hate each other.
Melanie is madly in love with...

Herself.
:lol: I so agree with you.

Alligato
Member Avatar

So OT, but OBK!
Everytime I see your siggy now, I start craving me some Ritz crackers and Cheez Whiz. I love that shit!
Thanks, marisol!

Nicole Walker

I wish Nicole would tell the truth and Brady would never go along with this. Totally a change in character.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

These actually sound really good. No surprise as December and January usually are.

The Nicole stuff is just classic soap and I just love the buildup. I hate she had to miscarry but there is so much drama here. As for why Brady is going along with it, he isn't. He's clearly against it but she's sworn him to secrecy and she's a wreck. He feels bad for her and he already came to Salem wanting to make amends, not to mention he knows she will lose EJ and everything she has once the truth comes out. He gets suckered into it. It makes sense.

I don't see anything wrong with Chloe and Daniel. Shit happens. Daniel has issues and Chloe doesn't seem overly happy with Lucas. I like this. With Kate and Chloe bonding (especially now with the surgery) and Lucas and Chloe being set to marry, there is potential for real drama here. Daniel and Chloe have an affair and it gets exposed at her wedding, really fueling things between Kate and Chloe and sending Lucas into a tailspin. That is good, classic soap. I'm so happy Days is going back to things like that with this story and the Nicole pregnancy story. How long has it been since Days did stories like this where they built something to a payoff? It's been years. Hopefully, the show sticks to these stories and doesn't change gears because the show needs stories like this with direction. It's just great to have stories with real implications now and real buildup. Nadia and Shawn do have chemistry and so do Nadia/Bryan and Lauren/Shawn so it works out well IMO.

Love the Philip/Victor tension and Philip/Stephanie sounds awesome. Glad that I was right and Melanie is simply a thorn in their side, She only sees dollar signs and a chance to screw with Stephanie. Melanie is the perfect vixen and I'm happy to see her in that form. Melanie/Victor should be interesting.

Glad Nick is mentioned. Chelsea/Max sounds interesting. That toy dog is weird. Wonder if something will happen to Theo or perhaps the dog contains something. I also like the Lexie/EJ spoiler about the mayor. Hope that story gets more play and I love seeing any scenes with Dimera family members, especially ones full of tension.

J&M sounds ok. I like the stuff with the therapist. The idea of tension with Marlena and Dr. Taylor is interesting.

Bo and Hope sounds good. This is the start of Bo's story so I'm curious as to where this is leading with his fall. Just because they aren't in spoilers for the wk of 12/15 does not mean they won't be on so I wouldn't worry there.

Good to see Kayla and Maggie involved.

Sami/Rafe actually sounds a bit better now that there is actual movement and it's going somewhere. For awhile, it was the same old all the time but alot seems to be happening upcoming. I've been waiting for scenes where we see them grow close because it's hard to tell if there is romantic chemistry until you see them in certain scenes. We should be able to tell here.

Wonder what the deal is with EJ and Stefano nearly being killed by "business" associates. That sounds very cryptic. Interesting.

These all sound very good though IMO.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 22 2008, 02:33 AM.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Nov 22 2008, 02:31 AM
These actually sound really good. No surprise as December and January usually are.

The Nicole stuff is just classic soap and I just love the buildup. I hate she had to miscarry but there is so much drama here. As for why Brady is going along with it, he isn't. He's clearly against it but she's sworn him to secrecy and she's a wreck. He feels bad for her and he already came to Salem wanting to make amends, not to mention he knows she will lose EJ and everything she has once the truth comes out. He gets suckered into it. It makes sense.

I don't see anything wrong with Chloe and Daniel. Shit happens. Daniel has issues and Chloe doesn't seem overly happy with Lucas. I like this. With Kate and Chloe bonding (especially now with the surgery) and Lucas and Chloe being set to marry, there is potential for real drama here. Daniel and Chloe have an affair and it gets exposed at her wedding, really fueling things between Kate and Chloe and sending Lucas into a tailspin. That is good, classic soap. I'm so happy Days is going back to things like that with this story and the Nicole pregnancy story. How long has it been since Days did stories like this where they built something to a payoff? It's been years. Hopefully, the show sticks to these stories and doesn't change gears because the show needs stories like this with direction. It's just great to have stories with real implications now and real buildup. Nadia and Shawn do have chemistry and so do Nadia/Bryan and Lauren/Shawn so it works out well IMO.

Love the Philip/Victor tension and Philip/Stephanie sounds awesome. Glad that I was right and Melanie is simply a thorn in their side, She only sees dollar signs and a chance to screw with Stephanie. Melanie is the perfect vixen and I'm happy to see her in that form. Melanie/Victor should be interesting.

Glad Nick is mentioned. Chelsea/Max sounds interesting. That toy dog is weird. Wonder if something will happen to Theo or perhaps the dog contains something. I also like the Lexie/EJ spoiler about the mayor. Hope that story gets more play and I love seeing any scenes with Dimera family members, especially ones full of tension.

J&M sounds ok. I like the stuff with the therapist. The idea of tension with Marlena and Dr. Taylor is interesting.

Bo and Hope sounds good. This is the start of Bo's story so I'm curious as to where this is leading with his fall. Just because they aren't in spoilers for the wk of 12/15 does not mean they won't be on so I wouldn't worry there.

Good to see Kayla and Maggie involved.

Sami/Rafe actually sounds a bit better now that there is actual movement and it's going somewhere. For awhile, it was the same old all the time but alot seems to be happening upcoming. I've been waiting for scenes where we see them grow close because it's hard to tell if there is romantic chemistry until you see them in certain scenes. We should be able to tell here.

Wonder what the deal is with EJ and Stefano nearly being killed by "business" associates. That sounds very cryptic. Interesting.

These all sound very good though IMO.
I agree. Those spoilers sounds GREAT!

When Nelson was singing his praise over Y/R he asked if Bill Bell is back from the dead as the stuff is so familiar with how he used to write. Can I just ask the same about JER? This sounds so much like Reilly before he got completely over board itīs unbeliavable. All stories have direction, all stories are building towards something big. I love it.

I really felt from the moment Tomlin/Whittesell came to the show there is some kind of vision forming behind and all the reshuffling and rearanging with characters and stories isnīt just random but represents some longterm vision. Now the vision comes to the fruition and Iīm very happy with the result, atleast so far. November has shown what those two are able to do, but it was only one story. Now it seems the entire soap is returning back to its camp and strong storylines roots.

Edited by jane1978, Nov 22 2008, 06:21 AM.

Dawn7
Member Avatar

thanks angie

marisol40

Quote:

I don't see anything wrong with Chloe and Daniel. Shit happens.

Well I guess it boils down to how you prefer your storylines to be told. You either like the storyline driven ones or the character driven ones. Higley will take a character and bend them, twist them or even completely tear them apart just to get her story told. 9 out of 10 times all she does is leaves you with a disgust towards the character that at one point you enjoyed.

I have always been a diehard fan of Chloe's, from her Ghoul girl days right through her WTF am I bitching about, I'm still gorgeous scar days. Yes, there were times that you wanted to smack her upside her head, but there was always something endearing about her. This current incarnation of Chloe, this skank that has arrived in Salem is NOT enjoyable. Since she's been in Salem, we have seen her to be petty, mean, incompetent etc.. Does this chick even fucking work?? Where the hell is the strong, independent Chloe that Brady loved?? Now to add to all her wonderful qualities she's also going to become a cheat. When the actress herself is disgusted with her storylines, that should tell you something.

Quote:

Nadia and Shawn do have chemistry and so do Nadia/Bryan and Lauren/Shawn so it works out well IMO.

This is also something that is a matter of opinion. While I won't dispute Lauren and Shawn's chemistry, because I do believe they have it. I have to say the chemistry between Nadia and Shawn is rather lukewarm and friggin non-existent between Nadia/Bryan. Those two are so flat they make a pancake look obese.

That whole Chloe/Dan thing has such a quality of sleaziness to it that I find it rather uncomfortable to watch. The fact that he is chatting up one woman while the woman he supposedly cares about is dying two feet away is just nasty on all levels. Not to mention the whole I lust for the dying fetish he has going on there.

I always like to read other people's reactions and I find those little polls that they do to be quite telling. Here is one taken from Soap City.

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=125469

They asked the audience :-) if Luloe should end and out of 58 people that answered, 39 said yes, they suck. That's 67%. Most of the threads you see out there about this couple are negative. They don't even have a messageboard dedicated to the pairing. Hell, I think that Mickey and Bonnie even had a messageboard...lol

Here is another one regarding Dan and Chloe.

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=124608

Out of 91 people that responded, 47% want him with Kate, 40% with Chelsea and the whooping 13% with Chloe. Somehow I don't think that the Chloe/Dan pairing is going to bring it home for the show.

You know what happened here? Higley inherited Chloe, a character that she doesn't like nor she wants to write for. That's as clear as day. She can't get rid of her, because Corday loves Nadia. So what do we do with Chloe?? Hummm.. You would think Higley would put her back with either Brady or Philip, those two pairings did very well for the show and their fanbases are still as strong as ever. But no, that would require actually putting Chloe back in a pairing that she might shine in and that would mean she could never get rid of her. So it's only sub-pairings for Chloe until Nadia's contract is up in November 2009. At that point Nadia will probably race out of the Days parking lot with the speed of a thousand Tony Stewarts. I also am going to predict a Chloe/Roman storyline by the summer.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i guess i'm the only one that totally hates the upcoming nicole storyline. i've seen this kind of thing done a million times before. if they're going to ruin her chance at happiness by making her miscarry, at least throw her fans a tiny bone here and let the truth about it come out so she and ej can grieve together.

i guess the end of all this is to make ej hate nicole so much that sami's lies look good by comparison, and honestly, that pisses me off. every time i like a character, they get thrown under the bus for a character that's part of an established family.

i'm not even sure why i bother watching anymore.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

These spoilers suck and Dena sucks...

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Nov 22 2008, 12:30 PM
i guess i'm the only one that totally hates the upcoming nicole storyline. i've seen this kind of thing done a million times before. if they're going to ruin her chance at happiness by making her miscarry, at least throw her fans a tiny bone here and let the truth about it come out so she and ej can grieve together.

i guess the end of all this is to make ej hate nicole so much that sami's lies look good by comparison, and honestly, that pisses me off. every time i like a character, they get thrown under the bus for a character that's part of an established family.

I agree, and that makes two of us then who hate the Nicole spoilers. If it was necessary for Nicole to miscarry at all, the more compelling storyline would have been to let EJ and Nicole mourn the loss of their child together.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Nov 22 2008, 12:42 PM.

lene
Member Avatar

Max and Chelsea? OH YEAH! :rockon:

phloeishot
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 22 2008, 02:31 AM

What is wrong with this is that Chloe is being written totally out of character! There is no way she would have "hooked up" with Lucas in the first place if she was written in character. Chloe has only been in love with two people in her life: Philip & Brady. If they want to do a triangle with her it should be between these two characters.

zyona

Chloe is a gorgeous woman, I can see why all the guy want to be with her, we know she can't act worth nothing but her looks will save her job.

Kyrai

luvpumpkns

I may have different reasons, but I hate this as well.

If they are going for the Kristen type of baby-switch, you kinda need to feel like EJ is in love with Sami, and they are the couple you want to root for. I always liked the idea of Ejami (Dimera marries Brady), but I just don't see EJ/Sami making this work like J&M, certainly not the way they've been shown lately. The storyline itself is a stretch, as it was for J&M. Much as I love Marlena and John, they seemed so clueless thru this whole storyline, and if not for the angst/longing/fantasies, I wouldn't have made it thru that myself. But core to the whole story was knowing without doubt that J&M truly loved each other above all else and were being stupid because they thought they were doing the right thing for the other. I'd like to buy it here, but I just don't so far.

I think they tried to quickly sell it just before the WP, but it seemed contrived and artificial. How could Sami really love EJ and not tell him he's the father of her baby? I just don't see the fear of Stefano here. Steffie's been reading Johnny bedtime stories. It just hasn't made sense to me, but I kept trying to ignore it.

If they are going another way totally, I can't figure it out either. I totally dislike the Sami/Rafe scenes. I don't like Brady agreeing to go along with this hidden baby switch deal. I hate that Nicole would even think of drugging him to keep her secret. If Stefano is somehow involved with the miscarriage, I'd feel for Nicole, but it still wouldn't justify lying about it to Ej.

I just don't like any of it from any angle. It just makes me tired watching them all. I'm almost rooting that Ej gets tired of both Nicole and Sami over both of their lies and deceit and realizes Stefano is right, it's better to just be an out and out villain and he goes back to being evil. Being good sure isn't working out for him.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns

If somehow they are able to make Nicole look worse than Sami right now, I will give up.

Nicole is acting out of grief (PTSD or Post pardem or both) and this is totally in character for her to try to keep the man she is in love with. Yes, they are lies, but EJ should be able to look into his lying heart and see what is going on and get past it...no matter how far she takes it. And from what it looks like, it won't be taken too far with this blackmailing doctor. I guess we'll see.

Sami is acting like a self centered ingrate, abandoning her children (couldn't stay away from Ali for a weekend without throwing a fit, yet can leave her for months???) and lying about a baby just for some misguided hero complex to save her current child from the Dimeras? What about the other Dimera son? This is so stupid and so out of character for her.

I will find it very hard for EJ to hold a grudge against Nicole, yet willing to let Sami off the hook.
Let's wait this out to see what happens! :)

Alligato
Member Avatar

And Pheonix - sometimes you can word things that really make me realize that I don't like the story, but it is a good story regardless.

The buildup for the Nicole story and the buildup for the Chloe/Lucas/Daniel/Kate story has been pretty good. It is so going to be uncomfortable to watch and people are going to get hurt, especially if the lies come out at the wedding, but it is a great soapy story.
Reminds me of a few of my favorites from the past where I hated the story, but it was so intriguing that always remember it.

I guess I also have a hard time constantly hearing about "character driven vs. storyline driven" stories. I am able to overlook how some people act because I hope for some maturity in characters...
for instance in my two faves...EJ and Sami.

EJ used to be an evil bastard but now has mellowed...some say it is storyline driven, but I prefer to say he had an ephiphany with having children and has tried to mature. He is not the same, but he has shown growth.
Sami, on the other hand, still is acting in character, but I can't stand her anymore because she has never grown to mature. She can still be acting like a bitch, but the whining and crying in her 30s after 3 children is getting so damn old.

So for me, it is hard to say where somebody is acting out of character because the character could have grown/matured or they are victims of shitty writing. Hard to say.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marisol40
Nov 21 2008, 10:18 PM

Brady and Chloe showed such promise in their very brief scene last week, but now we have to contend with Brady being knee deep up Nicole's ass and Chloe playing hide the thermometer with Dr. Necrophilia.
This needs to be on a T-shirt! Or maybe a Facebook flair, LOL.

I will have to admit........the whole backstage drama has left me very "bleh" about the show, and the writing and character inconsistency doesn't help. I love snarky Nicole, but this is too much. We don't need Kristen redux, even if Ari is able to pull it off, which I think she is. Right now, I consider this time a good time for the actors to give it their all, so they can add to their portfolio when they go shopping for a new acting job, which is what I wish them. If this is all true, none of them deserve this dribble.

With all the garbage going on backstage, the LAST thing they need is confusing storyline writing and a mismash of characters. In all honesty, actors come and go, and have on Days for 4 decades. It went on. However, in the past, what saved it from the loss of such as Don, Doug and Julie, Alex Marshall, et al, was the writing. They still churned out good stories. Other soaps have done the same thing, and the good ones survived actor leaving carnage with good recasting and good stories. The ones who DON'T do that....well, the proof is in the pudding.

And this stuff sounds...........confusing. I guess cause I've still got several days' worth of episodes stored on my DVR. I guess they can be background sound for housecleaning, but when I'm much more anxious to view OLTL and my ER/L&O recordings................

And the mourning for Dee and Drake? It might be the best thing that's happened to them. Right now, if I was a fan of theirs, I might be cautiously celebrating. The only thing that might worry me is the economy and them finding other jobs, but as far as acting this stuff...........it's beneath all of them, even the ones I don't like! :D Sometimes I wish JKJ had just walked off. I know people need their paychecks, but sometimes pride and integrity are worth so much more than being a puppet on a string...... And, if Kenny boy snaps his fingers, and they come running back, I would seriously wonder about their pride and integrity, unless, of course, they do run dry in the employment market, but.....I would hate to be at Ken Corday's beck and call.

It doesn't help my attitude towards Days when I think that OLTL is seriously kicking their ass again in regards to drama, storytelling, and character relationships. Days doesn't just pale in comparison. It's damn transparent!

mesagirl
Member Avatar

marisol40
Nov 21 2008, 09:41 PM
Higley has seriously become the Queen of Sleaze. I really hate what she has done to Nadia's character. No wonder she sounded so pissed in that interview. I guess Chloe's new motto is " a vagina is a horrible thing to waste."
:laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply