Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jay Kenneth Johnson inks new deal!
Topic Started: Nov 23 2008, 11:16 PM (2,144 Views)
zyona

According to Daytime confidential Jay K. Johnson is staying with the show.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/11/johnson-inks-new-deal-at-days-duhon-prescott-and-bruce-tested-for-philip
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

He has my deepest sympathies.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am thrilled beyond thrilled the JKJ is staying, but damn, what I wouldn't give to see Prescott on Days! He was just too gorgeous on ATWT.

My dream would be a JS, JKJ, Prescott sandwich!

Thanks for sharing!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Awesome!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, it's official.

He'll be going down with the Titanic.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yes!!

Thank God. The show needs all the familiarity it can get and it's clear they were banking on him big time in future story.

King
Member Avatar

Duhon would have been AMAZING! ugh. I love him!

But I'm happy, I guess. Haha.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would've liked Duhon but just not as Philip.

I could see him on Days in some role. He has a look that I think would fit.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

He must be in need of money. He was doing OK in primetime. Staying on this soap, especially being in the final cast would be young actor career suicide.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Dylan Bruce, ex-Chris Hughes from ATWT was up for the role, as well.

zyona

I wonder who leaked the information of JKJ cleaning out his dressing room.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Well, he has a pay check for another 17-months. Thatwill hold him over when he is an un-employed actor hustling for primetime jigs.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That is a good question about that story leaking.

Knowing that Drake and Dee knew for awhile they were going, I have to wonder if new of their firing was leaked to strong-arm Jay into staying. It's just way too coincidental IMO. News of him leaving breaks Friday and then we learn about D&D?

When Days does leave us, I so want to see some sort of gossip show cover them. They would have material for months LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 23 2008, 11:34 PM.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 23 2008, 11:34 PM
^That is a good question.

Knowing that Drake and Dee knew for awhile they were going, I have to wonder if new of their firing was leaked to strong-arm Jay into staying. It's just way too coincidental IMO. News of him leaving breaks Friday and then we learn about D&D?

When Days does leave us, I so want to see some sort of gossip show cover them. They would have material for months LOL.
Paging PerezHilton!! Paging TMZ!!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
PhoenixRising05

:laugh:

Whatever works!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 23 2008, 11:35 PM
NavJLee8785
PhoenixRising05

Whatever works!
What am I saying???

PAGING NAVELL J. LEE AND MATTHEW PRESTON!

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Nov 23 2008, 11:28 PM
I would've liked Duhon but just not as Philip.

I could see him on Days in some role. He has a look that I think would fit.
Jeremy Horton would fit quite nicely I think. They should say sayonara Dattilo, hello Duhon. I point out Dattilo since he's a Horton.

But yes I'm glad he inked a new deal. The one story that has a good direction, Phillip/Stephanie did need to be put in limbo as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

It appears Soap Opera Mafia Don/Days of Our Lives executive producer Ken Corday had three name actors lined up to replace Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip Kiriakis had Corday's strong arm tactics to scare the actor hadn't worked. Reliable sources reveal Dylan Bruce (ex-Chris, ATWT), Jon Prescott (ex-Mike, ATWT) and Josh Duhon (ex-Logan, GH) all tested for the role of Philip Kiriakis. However, Johnson did indeed sign a new contract.

"They had to already have these actors lined up," says the source. "No work is done in Hollywood on the weekend, so the Days execs must have already had them ready just in case."

I have to admit it was perfect strategy for "someone" to leak the news of Johnson allegedly clearing out his dressing room to Soap Opera Digest.com just before the magazine was set to break the soap story of the decade, the firing of Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. I'm sure the logic was, what kind of sympathy will Johnson get from fans who are reeling from the loss of the show's two biggest stars. Silly Corday, tricks are for kids.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/11/johnson-inks-new-deal-at-days-duhon-prescott-and-bruce-tested-for-philip

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Since Corday is play fast and loose, I wonder what type of cheap recasts will assume the role of former favorite characters. Will Sandra Ferguson grace as Marlena for a christmas cameo next year?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Nov 23 2008, 11:36 PM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 23 2008, 11:35 PM
NavJLee8785
PhoenixRising05

Whatever works!
What am I saying???

PAGING NAVELL J. LEE AND MATTHEW PRESTON!
There ya go! :biggrin: .

Amello, I can see that. He may be good for Jeremy.

The Philip/Stephanie stuff is more or less why I'm so happy about this. I just feel like it's such a goldmine story-wise and it's started so well that Jay leaving and, essentially, destroying it would suck big time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply