Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS- Timeline for the firing of Dee and Drake
Topic Started: Nov 24 2008, 11:30 AM (2,628 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Sorry for starting another post about this, so mods, feel free to move to another topic if you want. But I had asked a question in another thread and didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. It was first reported that on Friday night of last week, without any warning, Drake got a phone call and was let go. Then in another post, someone said that Drake and Dee had known for two weeks that they were fired before it was announced. Does anyone know the real deal? Do you think they knew at the DAYS event? Thanks for any info
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Could explain why people said Dee/Drake seemed out of sorts or even a bit cranky at the November DAYS event at Universal Studios.

I am going to say that they definetly suspected or knew something about their potential firings and were forced to attend.

Could definetly explain their behaviour.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 24 2008, 01:51 PM
Could explain why people said Dee/Drake seemed out of sorts or even a bit cranky at the November DAYS event at Universal Studios.

I am going to say that they definetly suspected or knew something about their potential firings and were forced to attend.

I just get confused because one thing is reported by an "official source." And then someone who claims to have a source says something differently. And then a third person acts as if it is complete fact and spreads it around the message boards. Annoying to say the least because you never know what to believe. Drake's fan club president reportedly said that Drake was called on a friday night with no warning. Another person said that Drake and Dee knew for two weeks, and then all of a sudden people are acting as if Drake and Dee have known for two weeks and are spreading it around. ugh :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

goldylicious
Nov 24 2008, 02:17 PM
Mitchapalooza

I just get confused because one thing is reported by an "official source." And then someone who claims to have a source says something differently. And then a third person acts as if it is complete fact and spreads it around the message boards. Annoying to say the least because you never know what to believe. Drake's fan club president reportedly said that Drake was called on a friday night with no warning. Another person said that Drake and Dee knew for two weeks, and then all of a sudden people are acting as if Drake and Dee have known for two weeks and are spreading it around. ugh :)
Nelson Blanco from the Suds Report/TV Guide Canada, has confirmed that they have known for two weeks..at least that is what I thought I saw him say.

I just don't believe the "phone call on Friday" thing about Drake.

As shitty as Corday can be, I don't see him calling up Drake at home and firing him like that...I just don't.

I think they have known for a bit about their firings.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

If they knew for two weeks that would mean that Drake already knew when this interview took place. It sure doesn't seem like it to me.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza

I think only one person posted that they thought Deidre seemed off but it was only his opinion, he wasn't there in person.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 24 2008, 02:30 PM
goldylicious
Nov 24 2008, 02:17 PM
Mitchapalooza

Nelson Blanco from the Suds Report/TV Guide Canada, has confirmed that they have known for two weeks..at least that is what I thought I saw him say.

I just don't believe the "phone call on Friday" thing about Drake.

As shitty as Corday can be, I don't see him calling up Drake at home and firing him like that...I just don't.

I think they have known for a bit about their firings.

Unless he talked to Deidre and Drake, it's still just a rumor.

deefanUBS

Why does it matter? Posted Image

Whether they found out 1 week ago or 1 month ago, the point is they're both out of a job. Why does it make a difference when they were told? Maybe they did know at Fanfest, but so what if they did. I can tell you that I was there and I saw Deidre - she was the same sweet, beautiful, cheerful person she's always been everytime I have met her. She seemed very happy that day. I even noted that because it had been a long time since I had opportunity to see her.

As for Drake, well I didn't talk to him so I couldn't tell ya.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

And Corday most certainly does call people at home to tell them they've been fired. He did it to Julie Pinson. And Brody Hutzler didn't even get a phone call - he read about his firing in a magazine.

e83talus
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 24 2008, 07:31 PM
And Corday most certainly does call people at home to tell them they've been fired. He did it to Julie Pinson. And Brody Hutzler didn't even get a phone call - he read about his firing in a magazine.
He left a message on Joe Mascolo's answering machine!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

And some people just go to work and find a lock on the door.

Or a pink slip in their paycheck.

I don't think there's a good way to get fired.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Nov 24 2008, 07:38 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Why is there still such a to-do about someone commenting that Dee might have been a little off at Fanfest? I still don't see why that is considered an insult for her to be human. Poor Phoenix couldn't make an observation? He never claimed to have the inside scoop. Gads.

Scoop, guys. Dee uses the bathroom. I've never witnessed it, but I have it on good authority, in general, human beings do stuff like that. They get a little down. Then they rally and put on a brave front. I HONESTLY cannot believe that his comments are still considered heresy.

Regardless, the timeline does manner in the larger scope of things. All this stuff doesn't just affect the DH'ers, it affects the other actors. The timeline would have a lot to do with some of the other rumblings going on. And, yes, knowing for two weeks just means they aren't infallible. Give them credit for forging through. I'd think a fan would be proud of Dee (AND DRAKE. Remember, he's part of this) for going through, going to work, facing fans, and doing the best they can professionally instead of fully wearing their hearts on their sleeves. But, then again, maybe I'm a different type of actor's fan, one who doesn't expect the actor to jump through hoops for me.

I am still shaking my head, though, in the disbelief that maybe, just maybe, things aren't sterling in Dee-ville and that the realization that maybe, just maybe, the rain falls on everyone at one point or two in their lives. Did some folks honestly believe there was going to be a Marlena forever?
I'm also still shaking my head that this is still such a big deal. Time for a new Days scandal.

(Shaking my head as I get ready to hit "add reply", wondering, wondering, wondering...time to go to the OLTL thread)

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I know from personal experience that sitting in LA traffic is enough to make anyone frazzled! Dee is human. She pays taxes, uses the bathroom, gets dental checkups and has bad moods just like the rest of us. Why the big deal about something that is perfectly normal?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

man, this Dee/Drake thing takes the phrase "beating a dead horse" to whole new levels.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Nov 24 2008, 10:37 PM
I know from personal experience that sitting in LA traffic is enough to make anyone frazzled! Dee is human. She pays taxes, uses the bathroom, gets dental checkups and has bad moods just like the rest of us. Why the big deal about something that is perfectly normal?
Exactly.

And that was the point I made in that thread ad nauseum but some acted like I was bashing Dee. My simple point was she seemed "off." I made mention that traffic, the rain, etc could've played a role. She's human. It was a mere observation and one that takes on more importance for me now because she very well MAY have known she was axed or going to be. There was no malicious intent at all yet it was made out to be something more then what it was.

That is just one reason why I've backed off from posting. If myself and others can't even make an innocent observation about an actor or actress without being jumped on, I would rather just keep it to myself and avoid the hassle.

e83talus
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 24 2008, 10:47 PM
OneBadKitty
Nov 24 2008, 10:37 PM
Exactly.

And that was the point I made in that thread ad nauseum but some acted like I was bashing Dee. My simple point was she seemed "off." I made mention that traffic, the rain, etc could've played a role. She's human. It was a mere observation and one that takes on more importance for me now because she very well MAY have known she was axed or going to be. There was no malicious intent at all yet it was made out to be something more then what it was.

That is just one reason why I've backed off from posting. If myself and others can't even make an innocent observation about an actor or actress without being jumped on, I would rather just keep it to myself and avoid the hassle.

Oh Pheonix, I don't want you to stop posting. I completely understand the feeling of getting jumped on also but I wanted you to know that some of us are not and do not want to jump on you. :wave:

I enjoy your comments and feedback even when I don't agree. I think it just seems like there is so little known about the DH's reactions that fans, yes we are out there, of the DH's are just trying to get info. So when people post, that they may have known for two weeks then fans who are trying to get background info simply start thinking back to other comments and things that were going on recently.

I think this same type of thing was going on when the thread was posted about the "diva' writing her own scenes. Remember how people were trying to interpret and reinterpret everything from Rachels comments about boards and blogs to Ally's motivations for getting pregnant. It was utterly ridiculous the speculation that was going on. The thread and comments however stemmed from the vague hint about "the diva" v. Dena Higley and a tru lack of information about what was really going on.

That being said, I don't think people should act as though Deidre and Drake getting fired is just another daily event. It may not be a big deal to you but obviously by fans, boards, mags and even national and local news programs across the nation it is. While I love Shelle, their firings did not get coverage like this. I love Joe Mascolo but his firing did not get this coverage either. Killing off half of the cast in 04 did not get media coverage like this although I believe ratings were good then.

All that I am really trying to say is that people should not get offended that some fans are trying to get some background info like, When did they get fired, How long have they known, How were they fired, do you think they knew when we saw them? Its just fans trying to get inside information about a situation that they hate.

I honestly don't think this thread was generated against you Pheonix, more to try to separate what is on record, "Drake fan club pres comments" vs. "what posters on the web who know somebody who carried water for somebody" said. Pheonix you just happen to have given some very insightful and now what seems profound perspectives on actors moods during the Days event. It doesn't mean that DH was in a good mood or wasn't in a good mood or doesn't have human emotions. It just means that looking back Pheonix seems to have had a really objective and instinctive opinion.

I did not start this thread but I think that was the purpose and I hope I at least clarified Pheonix's role in this thing and gave you another perspective so you don't feel attacked. :smooch:

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 24 2008, 09:44 PM
Why is there still such a to-do about someone commenting that Dee might have been a little off at Fanfest? I still don't see why that is considered an insult for her to be human. Poor Phoenix couldn't make an observation? He never claimed to have the inside scoop. Gads.
You seem to be the one that keeps going on and on about it LOL I simply pointed out that it was one person that said anything like that, and somehow it has become FACT.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jiggs
Nov 25 2008, 12:55 AM
ladyofthelake
You seem to be the one that keeps going on and on about it LOL I simply pointed out that it was one person that said anything like that, and somehow it has become FACT.
Actually you're wrong. What people were stating as fact was the observation that some people thought that Deidre acted a certain way. I never knew observation were automatically fact? :shrug:
Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

ladyofthelake

Scoop, guys. Dee uses the bathroom. I've never witnessed it, but I have it on good authority, in general, human beings do stuff like that. They get a little down. Then they rally and put on a brave front. I HONESTLY cannot believe that his comments are still considered heresy.

Regardless, the timeline does manner in the larger scope of things. All this stuff doesn't just affect the DH'ers, it affects the other actors. The timeline would have a lot to do with some of the other rumblings going on. And, yes, knowing for two weeks just means they aren't infallible. Give them credit for forging through. I'd think a fan would be proud of Dee (AND DRAKE. Remember, he's part of this) for going through, going to work, facing fans, and doing the best they can professionally instead of fully wearing their hearts on their sleeves. But, then again, maybe I'm a different type of actor's fan, one who doesn't expect the actor to jump through hoops for me.

I am still shaking my head, though, in the disbelief that maybe, just maybe, things aren't sterling in Dee-ville and that the realization that maybe, just maybe, the rain falls on everyone at one point or two in their lives. Did some folks honestly believe there was going to be a Marlena forever?
I'm also still shaking my head that this is still such a big deal. Time for a new Days scandal.

(Shaking my head as I get ready to hit "add reply", wondering, wondering, wondering...time to go to the OLTL thread)
I agree I don't understand why this is such a big to do. I remember this argument breaking out, and it seemed the initial posts were cordial, then it changed to a war when it really shouldn't have. There was nothing wrong with PR posting his feelings nor was there anything wrong with people questioning it. I too questioned his comment when I first saw it because everything I read had been very positive. It wasn't a big deal, I figured it was just his initial impression. I don't see a problem with someone else asking why he felt that way. If I had been to fanfest and had a positive or negative experience, I'd have posted my account assuming he only had the one article to go by and would like discussion. I had already read the article mentioned btw, and I had just thought it must make actors sad to sign stuff for people knowing they just want to ebay it, and it must've made Deidre happy that someone really wanted it for herself. To me it seems like others made what should have been a 'how did you feel about fanfest' discussion into something really ugly.

I don't think one person made it that way, it just kinda snowballed, and J&M discussions here seem to do that (to me), so I asked a question on another post about what I perceived as negative J&M feelings on the board and received some very nice messages explaining that there have been issues in the past. I greatly appreciate the info, and I feel really terrible about some of the things I heard. I'm sorry there is contention among fanbases. I understand there are hard feelings on both sides, and it can be hard to get past them.

However, J&M are leaving soon. I haven't been on the boards terribly long, and I've always enjoyed a lot of couples on the show. I know I may be stepping out of line, but I really wish everyone could just try to get along till J&M are gone at least. This has been incredibly depressing for me, and I come to the boards to feel better and find out info, not have the little time we have left arguing. I'm not saying not to discuss. I love discussion. Just less hatred from both sides.

Just a thought.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

e83talus
Nov 24 2008, 07:35 PM
OneBadKitty
Nov 24 2008, 07:31 PM
He left a message on Joe Mascolo's answering machine!
THAT is pathetic!
poor Joe
i wouldn't have come back

speaking of beating a dead horse...
deidre being 'off'
some people need to get of their fucking high horse and quit acting like lady Dee can do know wrong
sure, fan her. worship her. do not think she can do no wrong and do not bitch about people who have a "less than positive" comment/observation/spec about her

she had personal shit to deal with
so if she was 'off'
rightly so
cut her some slack
and quit making Phoenix feel bad :smooch:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply