Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
13 Week Cycle...DH Question
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 11:14 AM (957 Views)
daisysmommy

I am told the cycle for 'picking up' a contract (no matter the length) is typically 13 weeks. Since DH's contract expired end of Aug, her next cycle would actually end Nov 28, unless they don't count hiatus weeks (doesn't the show go on hiatus last week of Nov and last 2 weeks of Dec? And do they take some time around Labor Day too?)

I am wondering
-- a -- because I am still so dumbstruck I can't help but think this is a stunt [my reasoning is they would have to pick up another 13 weeks unless she stops taping end of Nov...which means she's technically not 'released' until end of Feb (which would be airing end of March)-- that's off canvas but then they could reintro her/them if ratings tank without them...]
-- I understand the fact that I am even having these thoughts is truly pathetic-- I am just so upset hanging in there for so long this year and then being left twisting in the wind

-- b-- because I wonder when they will 'leave the canvas'-- if they aren't taping into Dec, it would prob be first week of Jan-- how are they gonna deal with the story that fast?

-- c-- because this whole thing makes me sad...DH's on LATV talking about her parking space one day, and out of a job the next? I mean, the world is cold, I get it. But I will miss DOOL. I will NEVER watch it again once the DHs are off-canvas, but it's pretty depressing in the real world-- wish it weren't reflected in my little former fictional-fave world too...

Anyway, curious if anyone knows...and sorry if I posted in the wrong spot....I am a 'lil scared of the timeline thread-- don't wanna offend anyone except Corday and his nasty band of idiots-- them I wanna offend-- deeply.
Edited by daisysmommy, Nov 25 2008, 11:19 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Drake and Deidre both have 52 week cycles.

daisysmommy

Ponz
Nov 25 2008, 11:32 AM
So they're being paid thru next year even though they aren't working?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, Days is still doing the two weeks on/two weeks off schedule.

Ponz
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Nov 25 2008, 12:12 PM
Ponz
Nov 25 2008, 11:32 AM
So they're being paid thru next year even though they aren't working?
Not sure about Dee but Drake's cycle ends in January.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I wonder if Dee is working without a contract right now, if it expired in august

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I was wondering that myself.

We never did get an announcement regarding her contract being renewed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply