Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms Berris Departure
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 06:13 PM (7,036 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

Cover
The Journal Is Proven To Be Victor's! (But He Finds A Most Unlikely ally)
Plus: The Movie ERIC BRAEDEN Fans CAN'T MISS!

B&B Shocker: A Forrester Dies

News Stories
More Changes at DAYS (Berris is gone in January)
Soap Vet On New DAYS Role ("It's a deliberate thing!" Sandra Robinson on looking a little like Marlena, her character "is very drawn to Marlena.")

B&B's Phoebe Is Killed!
GH: Geary's Contract Status Unknown
OLTL: Everybody Hates Todd, Part Two
Y&R's Billy Turns Th Tables
David Kisses, The Drugs, Krystal on AMC
GL's Shayne Returns

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=28653
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh crap! Tripp ain't gonna be too happy about this!
Thanks for sharing!

So is everyone leaving in January?

sungrey

What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.

Ellie

Thanks Ponz!

I guess they're continuing the tradition of "firing people who can actually act."

And about Sandra Robinson... now that I know the story's going nowhere at all, I really don't even feel like reading the interview, lol. (Not that Higley's stories go that far in the first place!)

Days4Life

I'm sad to lose BB and the character of Nick but not surprised. It would be difficult to write him out of the corner he's in now. He obviously needs some treatment for his psychotic break--or whatever happened to him--so the character needs to go away for awhile. However, with the budget problems, I'm sure we will never get him back. I just wish it was Max leaving instead of Nick.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

*Sigh*

So I suppose I should just be happy that BB was allowed to go out on a challenging note. But it sucks for Nick fans who hate to think his reputation and history on the show was just destroyed so the likes of Darrin Brooks can continue being the "face" of the younger generation.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

So, should I just let go of the hope that this is temp and he'll be coming back now, or keeping dreaming for a little while longer? SOD does like to spin things on covers....ugh, what the fuck?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

sungrey
Nov 25 2008, 06:18 PM
What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.
Haven't you heard? She and Darin Brooks will be the new supercouple of Days. You know, because people loved them so much the first time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hate to see Berris go. Another actor with talent bites the dust.
Quote Post Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I have to wonder if they let him go or if he asked to leave for other projects. If it's the former, WHY is he the only younger one leaving with vets? After he just kicked ass you'd think BB would finally get some sort of kudos or recognition for what a fantastic actor he is. Really. But nope, they just ship him off.

Ellie

fenderbabe
Nov 25 2008, 06:28 PM
I have to wonder if they let him go or if he asked to leave for other projects. If it's the former, WHY is he the only younger one leaving with vets? After he just kicked ass you'd think BB would finally get some sort of kudos or recognition for what a fantastic actor he is. Really. But nope, they just ship him off.
It would make me feel better if he asked to leave, though it would still leave a big dent in the Days "talent pool". In addition, Nick is one of the only connections left to Maggie. It's like any trace of the 'old Days' will be gone.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

:flipoff: :moon: :flipoff: Days!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing BB on Y&R as Phillip III he looks like he could be Tricia Cast's son.......

daysfan
Member Avatar

Sad news. Maybe it needed to be done and Blake was expendable, especially after the Trent storyline, but it still is sad because Nick was a Horton and did have potential. I'll definately miss him. :(

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Rhiannon
Nov 25 2008, 06:33 PM
:flipoff: :moon: :flipoff: Days!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing BB on Y&R as Phillip III he looks like he could be Tricia Cast's son.......

I'm not sure BB would necessarily be picked up by another soap. He is unconventional looking. However I think Y&R having Hogan there might help his chances.

But I won't get my hopes up. I just can't believe this is the way they wrote him out. I feel so cheated in anything Nick ever did on this damn show. His love story was rushed with no love scene (hell they actually had him have bad sex). He was missing for months. His costar RM apparently felt the need to state she didn't WANT her character back with his (how often does that happen?) He got skipped on the Emmy nod this year. Now they give him a story where he is a crazy psychopath who probably will exit due to suicide.

I just...I can't even begin to express my outrage.
Edited by Tripp, Nov 25 2008, 06:40 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Well, it doesn't say BB got fired, maybe he was actually smart and decided to leave the sinking ship while he can while giving some amazing performances.

I could see him on another soap--especially with his performances as of late...maybe on Y&R?

I'm just glad BB gets to find some other projects so much better then DOOL
Edited by Charmqn, Nov 25 2008, 06:45 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

God dammit. :frown:

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I do hope Blake left on his own accord, cause he is too freaking talented for DOOL. I would actually like to see him on Y&R or something bigger.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The Nick, Melanie, and Chelsea triangle had so much potential..I'm bummed about this..Seriously, what is Chelsea going to do now??? They better not let Rachel Melvin get away..As much as Chelsea has annoyed me this since the summer, Chelsea is still a popular character with lots of potential..

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I have known about Berris leaving for a long ass time. I am shocked it took them this long to announce it......WTF is up with a Faux Marlena? Fucking creepy if you ask me. Word to the TPTB ...You can try to pass off Tv Brand ketch-up as Heinz but it won't work...The people always know the difference...dammit!

~bl~
Member Avatar

I hope they just put Nick in a psych ward and he doesn't die. Death of Horton family members makes me sad, not that Suzanne Rogers wouldn't do a good job grieving.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply