Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms Berris Departure
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 06:13 PM (7,257 Views)
pspcindy
Member Avatar

This is just sad.

But Blake has languished on the backburner while the other less talented one was given a big storyline. Blake always made me feel whatever it was he was playing. Darin, on the other hand, puts me to sleep. The only time I was even invested one iota was when suddenly the brain Nick had to get "genius" Max to fix his grant submission. I just about exploded. But this writer has ignored history and characters since she sat down at her keyboard. I almost expect to tune in one day and find that Hope never loved Bo and is having sex with Roman in the evidence room at the SPD.

Good luck to Blake. I hope he lands in a better environment than he is leaving.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Such a shame, and such a loss of talent. I'd sacrifice Max, Stephanie, Melanie and Chelsea combined before I'd let BB go. Nick was one of the better younger characters to come along in a long time.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Nov 25 2008, 08:11 PM
Ellie
Nov 25 2008, 07:20 PM
Dragonish1
Nov 25 2008, 06:57 PM
WTF is up with a Faux Marlena? Fucking creepy if you ask me. Word to the TPTB ...You can try to pass off Tv Brand ketch-up as Heinz but it won't work...The people always know the difference...dammit!
I know! Is this going to be the new town shrink, now that there's going to be an opening at University Hospital?

(And does this remind anyone of Marlena/Samantha years ago? Why not just bring Andrea back, lol?)
Funny, Ellie, I was thinking that same thing a few days ago. Just bring back Dee's sister. Oh, well.
Only in my dreams. :( :( :(

Ellie

daysfan
Nov 25 2008, 08:44 PM
Jonatha
Ellie
Dragonish1
WTF is up with a Faux Marlena? Fucking creepy if you ask me. Word to the TPTB ...You can try to pass off Tv Brand ketch-up as Heinz but it won't work...The people always know the difference...dammit!
I know! Is this going to be the new town shrink, now that there's going to be an opening at University Hospital?

(And does this remind anyone of Marlena/Samantha years ago? Why not just bring Andrea back, lol?)
Funny, Ellie, I was thinking that same thing a few days ago. Just bring back Dee's sister. Oh, well.
lol I thought of you when I wrote that post! Awww. Yeah, with Deidre gone, doubt we'd ever see Andrea again, either.

Ellie

Ok, so a friend of mine just came up with a theory, and where it's been done before, we think that means it's a strong possibility Higley might go this route, lol. What if... the killer kills the new psychiatrist because he mistakes her for Marlena??

zyona

Sariah
Nov 25 2008, 08:36 PM
Such a shame, and such a loss of talent. I'd sacrifice Max, Stephanie, Melanie and Chelsea combined before I'd let BB go. Nick was one of the better younger characters to come along in a long time.
So is Rachel Melvin actually.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

oh yeah RM is very talented, but the writing has not been her friend at all.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 25 2008, 08:50 PM
Ok, so a friend of mine just came up with a theory, and where it's been done before, we think that means it's a strong possibility Higley might go this route, lol. What if... the killer kills the new psychiatrist because he mistakes her for Marlena??
That's not a bad theory, actually.

Not that I care about the stupid killer story, LoL.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

Next to fire on the show is Dena
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kenny
Nov 25 2008, 08:58 PM
Ellie
That's not a bad theory, actually.

Not that I care about the stupid killer story, LoL.
Haha I know, I was thinking, do I really want to start discussing Higley's storylines? This is not like SSK where people were happy to give JER the honor of posting theories about his stories.

avelina
Member Avatar

They are going to strip that show down to it's bare bones and probably sell it off if they can. I just hope they have some decent storylines because right now I haven't watched the show this entire month expect for 5 minutes.

Dena is the horrible writer and Corday is at the helm...snooze city.

Thanks for the posting.
Edited by avelina, Nov 25 2008, 09:18 PM.

Kyrai

pspcindy
Nov 25 2008, 08:28 PM
This is just sad.

But Blake has languished on the backburner while the other less talented one was given a big storyline. Blake always made me feel whatever it was he was playing. Darin, on the other hand, puts me to sleep. The only time I was even invested one iota was when suddenly the brain Nick had to get "genius" Max to fix his grant submission. I just about exploded. But this writer has ignored history and characters since she sat down at her keyboard. I almost expect to tune in one day and find that Hope never loved Bo and is having sex with Roman in the evidence room at the SPD.

Good luck to Blake. I hope he lands in a better environment than he is leaving.
Ouch! Please don't give Higley any ideas, especially not Roman and Hope... I may not be able to sleep now.

I completely agree with you on Blake over Darin. I never understood why Darin got an emmy nod.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 25 2008, 08:49 PM
daysfan
Nov 25 2008, 08:44 PM
Jonatha
Ellie
Dragonish1

lol I thought of you when I wrote that post! Awww. Yeah, with Deidre gone, doubt we'd ever see Andrea again, either.
I doubted we'd ever see her again anyways, but there was that small hope, and the niceness of hoping to see Sam in spirit again.

Thats one of the (many) saddening parts of losing Deidre: I lose whatever piece of Sam I had left. This may sound ridiculous, but since Deidre looks just like her and Sam's stories pretty much always revolved around Marlena and she was Marlena's twin, there was a piece of her still there. But now thats gone, just too bad.

Ellie

daysfan
Nov 25 2008, 09:28 PM
I doubted we'd ever see her again anyways, but there was that small hope, and the niceness of hoping to see Sam in spirit again.

Thats one of the (many) saddening parts of losing Deidre: I lose whatever piece of Sam I had left. This may sound ridiculous, but since Deidre looks just like her and Sam's stories pretty much always revolved around Marlena and she was Marlena's twin, there was a piece of her still there. But now thats gone, just too bad.
It doesn't sound ridiculous at all!! I know how you feel. Unless they both came back for the finale, I'd be surprised if either one were mentioned on the show again. It isn't just the loss of Marlena - it's (probably) the permanent loss of Samantha, Belle, and Eric too.

Mason
Member Avatar

daysfan
I feel the same way because of J&M's ties to Kristen. I'd already accepted that she's never gonna return, but this just makes it even more final. :(

sungrey

Tripp
Nov 25 2008, 06:23 PM
sungrey
Nov 25 2008, 06:18 PM
What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.
Haven't you heard? She and Darin Brooks will be the new supercouple of Days. You know, because people loved them so much the first time.

Please, I'm eating. :puke:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ellie
Is there any way the killer could mistake Dena for Marlena??? :peek:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 25 2008, 09:38 PM
daysfan

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all!! I know how you feel. Unless they both came back for the finale, I'd be surprised if either one were mentioned on the show again. It isn't just the loss of Marlena - it's (probably) the permanent loss of Samantha, Belle, and Eric too.
Indeed, and you're right, too, Mason. Now Belle might, keyword being might, someday return with Shawn since Corday loves them...but this puts the nail in the coffin for people like Sam, Kristen, Eric, etc etc. Numerous others, its all very sad. Heck if they hadn't brought Brady back before this decision was made, I'm sure he wouldn't have returned, either.

Its too sad what great characters will never return to the show.

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 25 2008, 07:59 PM
Amello
Nov 25 2008, 07:57 PM
And the Horton count is down to 3 on contract. This show should be ashamed. Christmas is going to be terrible this year.
That's assuming we even GET a Christmas show. And if we do, it'll probably be at the Brady Pub with pitchers of green and red beer instead of ornaments with family names on them.
We will probably get a "green " Christmas, solar powered Christmas lights, a lecture and presents which biodegrade upon opening.

I always thought Nick was a major breath of fresh air and a great cast. Not conventionally handsome in a soap-opera way, talented and different. Of course, Higley didn't know what to do with such a novel situation and decided to send him into the shitter. I could tell when he was becoming the killer that they were going to let him go. Letting him get hooked on pills was a particularly skanky touch. What a shame. Does it ever end? :flipoff:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

What scares me is if Dena can tank such a character as Nick (who was certainly an upstanding and moral character for the most part) and let him leave in the shittiest of ways, nobody is safe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply