Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms Berris Departure
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 06:13 PM (7,291 Views)
squee
Member Avatar

ges
Nov 25 2008, 10:10 PM
We will probably get a "green " Christmas, solar powered Christmas lights, a lecture and presents which biodegrade upon opening.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

daysfan
Nov 25 2008, 10:03 PM
Its too sad what great characters will never return to the show.
Think of it as a blessing in disguise. You wouldn't want Dena to severely botch those characters and their returns in the way only she can...

daysfan
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 25 2008, 10:24 PM
daysfan
Think of it as a blessing in disguise. You wouldn't want Dena to severely botch those characters and their returns in the way only she can...
Okay I'll admit you got me there.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

daysfan
Nov 25 2008, 11:31 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 25 2008, 10:24 PM
daysfan
Okay I'll admit you got me there.
Yes. I still am in shock that this is the way Nick will be written off. The sweet, geeky, and basically upstanding Horton who remained as such for 90% of the time he was on the show just got shoved down into the pit of character assassination in a manner that I'd never have believed if you told me last year.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long for Nick to be written off the show. I said, from day one of Higley's time as head writer, she's not going to be able to write the charcarcter of Nick Fallon the right way, and he'll probably be written off. And she proved me write. She's written Nick horribly since she started, and she wrote him off. I called that shit.

Ives
Member Avatar

Nick was the only one of the 20 something characters that I have ever liked (sometimes I could like Philip).

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 26 2008, 01:00 AM
I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long for Nick to be written off the show.
Well, Higley had to make sure she butchered him before she wrote him off. :hmmph:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Tripp
Nov 25 2008, 06:38 PM
Rhiannon
Nov 25 2008, 06:33 PM
:flipoff: :moon: :flipoff: Days!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing BB on Y&R as Phillip III he looks like he could be Tricia Cast's son.......

I'm not sure BB would necessarily be picked up by another soap. He is unconventional looking. However I think Y&R having Hogan there might help his chances.

But I won't get my hopes up. I just can't believe this is the way they wrote him out. I feel so cheated in anything Nick ever did on this damn show. His love story was rushed with no love scene (hell they actually had him have bad sex). He was missing for months. His costar RM apparently felt the need to state she didn't WANT her character back with his (how often does that happen?) He got skipped on the Emmy nod this year. Now they give him a story where he is a crazy psychopath who probably will exit due to suicide.

I just...I can't even begin to express my outrage.
At least your favorite got a good exit storyline. And he started on the show two years ago and the first year he was on alot.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Sucks to lose Nick, but i'm glad Blake got to go out with some meaty material..He deserves major kudos for his work these past few weeks..I wonder if he choose to exit on his own, is he still on The Starter Wife?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Like Drew, I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner so no surprise.

Nick was a relatively new character when Dena took over. Only Hogan had written for him and that usually does not bode well unless the actor or character is extremely popular and heavy in story. Blake is popular but he is no James Scott in terms of impact (as in acquiring a fanbase) so he had like zero job security when Dena came on yet she kept him around. I have to wonder though if he would've been gone sooner if not for the scandal. The good news is Blake did have a primetime gig so he's already got something to build up. I'm just glad he got meaty material but, at the same time, I hate him just going out like this. I hope the show leaves his character in a good place, meaning I hope he's on the path to recovery when we last see him so that we can all be assured he's in a good place. Otherwise, I just feel awful about the way it all went down despite liking his material and story.

I'm not upset about this though. I love Blake and he is super talented but I guess I prepared myself the day Hogan left. Hell, Hogan was barely writing for him in his last few months. I guess I just felt Nick was done awhile ago so this has no impact on me now.

I do feel horrible for Tripp. My deepest sympathies, my friend :frown: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 26 2008, 03:07 AM.

Evan
Member Avatar

Add me to the list, I'm pissed off about this!
Blake Berris is the most talented of the younger actors on DAYS, but this is how he's treated?
I shouldn't be surprised, Corday and his headwriters have a habit of sacrificing decent actors for mediocre underwear models. :puke: :puke:
Yes, I too wonder how the fuck Darin Brooks got nominated for an Emmy! :huh:
But, Blake can do a whole lot better than DAYS, I can imagine Sheffer luring him over to Y&R.
And I've got one less reason to keep watching Corday and Higley's pile of crap!

Kyrai

ges
Mason
Nov 25 2008, 07:59 PM
Amello
Nov 25 2008, 07:57 PM
And the Horton count is down to 3 on contract. This show should be ashamed. Christmas is going to be terrible this year.
That's assuming we even GET a Christmas show. And if we do, it'll probably be at the Brady Pub with pitchers of green and red beer instead of ornaments with family names on them.
We will probably get a "green " Christmas, solar powered Christmas lights, a lecture and presents which biodegrade upon opening.

I always thought Nick was a major breath of fresh air and a great cast. Not conventionally handsome in a soap-opera way, talented and different. Of course, Higley didn't know what to do with such a novel situation and decided to send him into the shitter. I could tell when he was becoming the killer that they were going to let him go. Letting him get hooked on pills was a particularly skanky touch. What a shame. Does it ever end? :flipoff:
Nick was my favorite of the younger set. I loved how sweet and honest and true his character was. I think BB did an excellent job with the murder story, but now the only truly loveable character has been destroyed. Can't any young people have a nice genuine good core on this show anymore?

ges
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Nov 26 2008, 08:19 AM
ges
Mason
Amello
And the Horton count is down to 3 on contract. This show should be ashamed. Christmas is going to be terrible this year.
That's assuming we even GET a Christmas show. And if we do, it'll probably be at the Brady Pub with pitchers of green and red beer instead of ornaments with family names on them.

I always thought Nick was a major breath of fresh air and a great cast. Not conventionally handsome in a soap-opera way, talented and different. Of course, Higley didn't know what to do with such a novel situation and decided to send him into the shitter. I could tell when he was becoming the killer that they were going to let him go. Letting him get hooked on pills was a particularly skanky touch. What a shame. Does it ever end? :flipoff:
Nick was my favorite of the younger set. I loved how sweet and honest and true his character was. I think BB did an excellent job with the murder story, but now the only truly loveable character has been destroyed. Can't any young people have a nice genuine good core on this show anymore?
I think not. Nick didn't even get credit for paying for Chelsea's college tuition in the end. Now that Kate is dying she is a Saint. A wonderful mother and grandmother. Even Nick's brilliance has been decimated. His report was riddled with mistakes that the genuis Max had to fix it, in another epic story that went nowhere. She took everything about Nick that was novel and fresh and destroyed it. Every day, she continues to amaze me on so many (bad) levels.

While Berris' acting has been superb, his character been given the Higley drive-by. I'm glad he has another job. Good for him.

Higley is now free to turn her attention to murdering what is left of the show and the characters. What a gem. :puke: :flipoff:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ges
Nov 26 2008, 08:31 AM
Kyrai
ges
Mason
Amello

I think not. Nick didn't even get credit for paying for Chelsea's college tuition in the end. Now that Kate is dying she is a Saint. A wonderful mother and grandmother. Even Nick's brilliance has been decimated. His report was riddled with mistakes that the genuis Max had to fix it, in another epic story that went nowhere. She took everything about Nick that was novel and fresh and destroyed it. Every day, she continues to amaze me on so many (bad) levels.

While Berris' acting has been superb, his character been given the Higley drive-by. I'm glad he has another job. Good for him.

Higley is now free to turn her attention to murdering what is left of the show and the characters. What a gem. :puke: :flipoff:
i have to agree. i'm a huge nick fan, and i've hated what dena has done to him, and only enjoyed this recent storyline with him going BSC because BB rescued it with his superb acting.

i do have to ask though...why get rid of berris and keep darin brooks? yeah, he's ok-looking, but he's related to everyone in town, and max is not nearly as endearing as nick's character. i'm so frustrated that berris got the ax while brooks stays.

FanODays

Not surprising but still unfortunate. I always thought Nick could be the un-typical soap hero and be a huge hit kinda ala Jack Deveraux.

Sigh..........I guess that means its Chelsea and Uncle Max again huh?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

luvpumpkns
Nov 26 2008, 08:35 AM
ges
Nov 26 2008, 08:31 AM
Kyrai
ges
Mason
Amello

i have to agree. i'm a huge nick fan, and i've hated what dena has done to him, and only enjoyed this recent storyline with him going BSC because BB rescued it with his superb acting.

i do have to ask though...why get rid of berris and keep darin brooks? yeah, he's ok-looking, but he's related to everyone in town, and max is not nearly as endearing as nick's character. i'm so frustrated that berris got the ax while brooks stays.
Right, it seems every step of the way, Dena worked hard to basically take back every single thing that made nick special. When she decided to have Moronic Max be smarter then Nick, that should have been my first clue.

I always knew when Hogan left Dena would get rid of Nick I just never thought it would be like this. I figured WCS would be she would write him off in a lame way that poor Billie got, or maybe even worse like Jett. I'm glad BB got some great material in the end but it came at a cost. It came at a cost to basically kill any redeeming qualities that made Nick so special to me.

The only way to make this worse is have him commit suicide.

Dr. Chip

Well, not only has DAYS lost Marlena, but it's lost the Horton family.

Sure, you still have individual Hortons, but there's no Horton family anymore.

Maybe Stefano will invite Maggie and Hope over to his house this year. Alice may be on a cruise or something with Doug and Julie, or spending time with Jeremy. Mickey's not much of a presence anymore, and I never accepted Lucas as a Horton.

Corday always rationalizes his dumb mistakes by saying he's doing it for the future of the show. Forget the "next generation" talk. It's too late to build another generation and make people care about them. DAYS, as we knew it, is over. It's not coming back. This is a very sad day.

Ellie

I just saw the SOD article and it does not really indicate whether he was fired or is leaving of his own volition. It says that given the plot of Nick's story, "it's not too surprising that the actor is heading out of Salem. A spokesperson confirms that Berris will make his exit in mid-January."

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I'm not sure Days can do much to shock me at this point.

They've already crossed the line (at least with me) on a lot of levels. Uncles dating nieces, women falling for men that terrorize them and their families, family members supporting the incest, dressing the younger female set in clothes that are a tad too cleavage revealing :boobs: Who cares if they can act? Look at her boobies!! it's like Days is trying to get rid of their viewers by disgusting them. I wonder if they are sitting in their offices laughing away thinking... omg they actually buy these shitty s/l's? I'm not trying to bash or bait or anything like that at all... but really, I have to wonder what their motive has been lately. :shrug:

It's like, first they tried to drive the viewers off with lame, ridiculous storylines, but that didn't work because we keep watching hoping they'll fix the mistakes they've made. They've ruined almost every single character on the show, writing many of them out of character, but again the viewers keep watching hoping they'll fix those mistakes. Now they have fired the matriarch of the show, but people are still saying they'll watch. So now they are just going to start letting go of the actors that are talented, a la BB.

Corday should just give us all a break and cancel the show outright. That would be more respectful to his parents and to Day's long time viewers, than forcing us to go through this mayhem and droll s/l's.

I bet Ari will be the next to go, only because she is the ONLY reason I am still watching Days at this point. I love Nicole and EJ together, they are the first couple that has actually made sense on this show in a long while, so I am sure they will be destroyed shortly as well. :shame:

Hmmm I think I literally woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. It's 8:00 am and I am already complaining lol. I need to get back to cleaning and cooking for tomorrow. Posted Image

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 10:41 AM
I just saw the SOD article and it does not really indicate whether he was fired or is leaving of his own volition. It says that given the plot of Nick's story, "it's not too surprising that the actor is heading out of Salem. A spokesperson confirms that Berris will make his exit in mid-January."
Thanks Ellie. I was wondering that.

Wonder why they want to wait for him to leave that long? Why not just let him go now?
Edited by Tripp, Nov 26 2008, 01:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply