Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms Berris Departure
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 06:13 PM (7,280 Views)
Ellie

Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 01:47 PM
Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 10:41 AM
I just saw the SOD article and it does not really indicate whether he was fired or is leaving of his own volition. It says that given the plot of Nick's story, "it's not too surprising that the actor is heading out of Salem. A spokesperson confirms that Berris will make his exit in mid-January."
Thanks Ellie. I was wondering that.

Wonder why they want to wait for him to leave that long? Why not just let him go now?
You're welcome! My guess to "why wait" is that his exit really is storyline-based.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I am never happy to see anyone out of a job, but I hated the character of Nick from day one! The only time he got a little interesting was when he killed Willow.

I won't be sad to the last of Nick Fallon! Wish Blake the best.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 01:56 PM
Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 01:47 PM
Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 10:41 AM
I just saw the SOD article and it does not really indicate whether he was fired or is leaving of his own volition. It says that given the plot of Nick's story, "it's not too surprising that the actor is heading out of Salem. A spokesperson confirms that Berris will make his exit in mid-January."
Thanks Ellie. I was wondering that.

Wonder why they want to wait for him to leave that long? Why not just let him go now?
You're welcome! My guess to "why wait" is that his exit really is storyline-based.
Storyline to what? What else is there to do? Dare I hope for them to FIX him before he leaves? they don't have enough time.

All that's left is either he commits suicide, he winds up escaping and leaving Salem or they ship him off to a new facility.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I bet they just send him away somewhere.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

sungrey
Nov 25 2008, 06:18 PM
What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.
Oh please. Rachel got plenty of good stories before Blake was even on the show. I think Chelsea will be busy with Max. :rockon:

Ellie

Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 02:22 PM
Storyline to what? What else is there to do? Dare I hope for them to FIX him before he leaves? they don't have enough time.

All that's left is either he commits suicide, he winds up escaping and leaving Salem or they ship him off to a new facility.
Good points... I really have no idea, but I'm sure whatever further plot points are necessary for this story will take that long to play out. It's just that where his leaving has been announced so far in advance (by Days standards), I'm guessing it won't be one of the normal Days abrupt endings.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 02:25 PM
Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 02:22 PM

Good points... I really have no idea, but I'm sure whatever further plot points are necessary for this story will take that long to play out. It's just that where his leaving has been announced so far in advance (by Days standards), I'm guessing it won't be one of the normal Days abrupt endings.
Yea but we heard Morgan was gone fairly awhile before she was out didn't we?

*sigh* However he will go, I'm sure they will find an even new insulting form for Nick to go out on. I'm convinced Dena thinks the idea of a suicide on Daytime will be powerful and trendsetting.

Ellie

^^ Oh really? I thought I remembered that Kristen Renton was fired very quickly and they didn't have time to wrap up her story. I might be remembering it wrong, though.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 02:45 PM
^^ Oh really? I thought I remembered that Kristen Renton was fired very quickly and they didn't have time to wrap up her story. I might be remembering it wrong, though.
No Im probably wrong. But I do remember from watching her on the show there were like two weeks where Morgan disappeared right before they then wrote her out (lamely).

Ellie

Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 02:47 PM
Ellie
No Im probably wrong. But I do remember from watching her on the show there were like two weeks where Morgan disappeared right before they then wrote her out (lamely).
That's right, she did have a sudden "last episode" after not having been on.

Your suicide theory for Nick is not a bad one. My guess though is that they'll just send him to a treatment facility far away.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Blake Berris Leaving Days of our Lives!
Wednesday, November 26 2008

More bad news comes to Days fans as the show is losing yet another member of its cast. After word that Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John) are leaving the show, and with Jay Johnson’s (Philip) status up in the air, we’ve learned that Blake Berris (Nick) will exit the canvas in January.

Since the reveal that Nick was Trent’s killer and Melanie’s stalker, it really shouldn’t come as a huge shock that Nick will be leaving. It’s reported that he will go off to either jail or a psychiatric ward. Although its sad to see Nick and Blake go, it makes sense, and is kind of refreshing, that Nick will have to pay for his crimes.

With Blake’s recurring role on the TV series, “The Starter Wife” and the amazing acting job he has been doing during his current storyline, Soaps.com has no doubt Blake will have a successful post-Days career.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/2973/

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 26 2008, 02:50 PM
Tripp
Ellie

Your suicide theory for Nick is not a bad one. My guess though is that they'll just send him to a treatment facility far away.
Well, I want to make it clear, I do NOT want him to commit suicide. But given the way Dena has taken his character from lovable geeky guy down to miserable, stalking creepmaster I'm sure that will be the way she does it.

Ellie

^^ Believe me, I know that's not the scenario you're looking for! Agree about Dena, good point.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

the one good thing is, that Blake can submit this material for the Emmy's...He deserves so much more and actually glad he is off the sinking ship.
Edited by Charmqn, Nov 26 2008, 03:43 PM.

zyona

why is Molly employed and Blake unemployed?

Kyrai

Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 02:52 PM
Ellie
Tripp
Ellie

Well, I want to make it clear, I do NOT want him to commit suicide. But given the way Dena has taken his character from lovable geeky guy down to miserable, stalking creepmaster I'm sure that will be the way she does it.
If more cuts are coming, it wouldn't surprise me if he escapes and they having him killing the others off... :(

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kyrai
Nov 26 2008, 05:24 PM
Tripp
Nov 26 2008, 02:52 PM
Ellie
Tripp
Ellie

If more cuts are coming, it wouldn't surprise me if he escapes and they having him killing the others off... :(
May I make a request that Max be at the top of his list?

Ok, I hate saying stuff like that but seriously, after watching today's totally inappropiate Chelsea/Max moment I can't believe they are letting BB leave and keeping the useless DB around. He doesn't even have anyone he can date except relatives!

Evan
Member Avatar

Tripp: I feel for you, I know what it's like to have your favorite treated like crap.
Matt Ashford fans can relate to what Blake and his supporters are going through.
Good on you for continuing to support Mr Berris, I think he's great, a real talent.
In the long run, Blake will be glad he's off the sinking ship, he's way too good for DAYS and Higley's crap masquerading as writing.

Alligato
Member Avatar

"making him pay for his crimes"???? Seriously? Who on daytime TV actually pays for their crimes???

I am totally shocked at how great of an actor Blake is as I really don't think Days had a clue either. I am certain he has opportunities coming up either on Starter Wife or another show where he can shine. He is a fine actor.

I will miss Nick mostly because he was the first character that I noticed that in his first scene, he came off smart and intelligent instead of standing there half naked like a piece of meat. Remember when the bartender gave him a riddle to solve to get Chelsea out of trouble, and he figured it out?
They just don't have enough smart guys on daytime.

Thanks for sharing the article, Angie!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This saddens me more than Drake & Deidre being cut. He never got a great storyling really, but he is really talented, and to sum it up in a few words, I love him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply