Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Confirms Berris Departure
Topic Started: Nov 25 2008, 06:13 PM (7,189 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, I'm happy for him (because I know he'll be successful!), but I'm sorry for those of us who really liked Nick and like seeing high-caliber acting on Days. Those are whittling down more and more. I just wish I knew if he left of his own volition or if he was a casualty of more of the housecleaning. I just can't have confidence in Days anymore. Since the whole strike crap, the diva story, hirings-firings, the whole Drake and Dee saga, the bullcrap about JKJ, and now this, I cannot muster much enthusiasm to watch the show, but I guess I will to see Nick and Ari's story to the end.
The way things are going with the good actors leaving, I guess Ari will be next. I'm just amazed JKJ's situation was reversed for whatever reason. The impeding actor's strike must have something to do with that, because I can't see JKJ wanting to do this Melanie thing, but what do I know? I just hope the writer's strike (if it happens) doesn't affect Blake's Starter Wife gig.
And, the whittling away of the Hortons? It's sad when the foundation families of a show disappear. All the missed opportunities............the ideas I see on message boards are so much better than the crap that gets churned out. The opportunity to bring back Jessica-the emotion that could have been wrought from that...........pisses me off.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 27 2008, 11:18 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

lene
Nov 26 2008, 02:24 PM
sungrey
Nov 25 2008, 06:18 PM
What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.
Oh please. Rachel got plenty of good stories before Blake was even on the show. I think Chelsea will be busy with Max. :rockon:
Like I said previously, Chelsea has no story now. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

sungrey
Nov 27 2008, 11:19 AM
lene
sungrey
What a fucking waste. Well, Rachel might as well be next because she certainly has no story now.

Nice job, Dena.
Oh please. Rachel got plenty of good stories before Blake was even on the show. I think Chelsea will be busy with Max. :rockon:
:hail: Max and Chelsea weren't exactly a hit the first time around!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Nov 27 2008, 11:43 AM
sungrey
lene
sungrey

Nice job, Dena.
They were soo a nonhit most people think the relationship was more about Abby (which I still believe it was).

I'd also like to point out on the details of TSW. Blake shot those scenes last summer. I think he is done with the season and I doubt he'll show up again next year as he just plays the concierge of her current boyfriend (though the part is hilarious). He had a total of 3 episodes.

So while he may have some acting projects on the horizon, I really doubt he quit Days of our Lives for The Starter Wife.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Nov 27 2008, 12:12 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 27 2008, 11:43 AM
sungrey
lene
sungrey

Nice job, Dena.
They were soo a nonhit most people think the relationship was more about Abby (which I still believe it was).

I'd also like to point out on the details of TSW. Blake shot those scenes last summer. I think he is done with the season and I doubt he'll show up again next year as he just plays the concierge of her current boyfriend (though the part is hilarious). He had a total of 3 episodes.

So while he may have some acting projects on the horizon, I really doubt he quit Days of our Lives for The Starter Wife.
Maybe he had something else lined up. If they fired him............on top of firing the DH'ers, well............

Shylock

I wish people would stop this "why is x employed when y is employed" stuff.

Molly's talented, Blake's talented. The overall problem is that the writers aren't utilizing these guys to their potential.

The best thing they could have done with Melanie is keep her like what she was when she first came there. Instead of turning her into Generic Female Villain Sami Ripoff #32516, they could have kept her as the quick-witted bad girl. Have Nick make a fortune off his alternative energy project, then have Melanie stay buttoned to his hip because of the money. Then you have Chelsea who breaks up with Daniel and realizes what a great guy she had with Nick. She starts pursuing Nick again, putting down Melanie, yadda yadda. Then you start a new epic triangle that you can drag out for a while. That would have been pretty entertaining. You could even throw in a brief fling between Melanie and Phillip for good measure.

I would have watched that.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Shylock
Nov 27 2008, 01:24 PM
I wish people would stop this "why is x employed when y is employed" stuff.

Molly's talented, Blake's talented. The overall problem is that the writers aren't utilizing these guys to their potential.

The best thing they could have done with Melanie is keep her like what she was when she first came there. Instead of turning her into Generic Female Villain Sami Ripoff #32516, they could have kept her as the quick-witted bad girl. Have Nick make a fortune off his alternative energy project, then have Melanie stay buttoned to his hip because of the money. Then you have Chelsea who breaks up with Daniel and realizes what a great guy she had with Nick. She starts pursuing Nick again, putting down Melanie, yadda yadda. Then you start a new epic triangle that you can drag out for a while. That would have been pretty entertaining. You could even throw in a brief fling between Melanie and Phillip for good measure.

I would have watched that.
I agree with everything BUT the Melanie/Philip fling. For one sweet month I thought I was getting the story of my dreams with Nick at the center of a triangle. So much for that though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I will miss Blake but I do think it's possible that he may have wanted out too. I mean, he did get a primetime gig and I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted out too. He was on the backburner most of 2008 and the last half of 2007. I do think it's weird the show is holding on to him into January when he can easily go now, especially since I can't see them doing anything but sending him off to prison or a hospital. I guess this means they will at least redeem him in the end in some way. I can't see why else they would bother keeping him another month.

I think what hurts is it's another Horton leaving but that's been happening since the 90's and I hardly ever felt Nick was really a Horton except at Christmas and around Maggie, Abby, or Jeremy. They just never really defined him enough as a Horton on his own.

Days had such a talented young core and now Abby and Nick are gone. It's still talented but the show needed young Horton's and now it doesn't have that.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Nov 28 2008, 12:58 AM
I will miss Blake but I do think it's possible that he may have wanted out too. I mean, he did get a primetime gig and I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted out too. He was on the backburner most of 2008 and the last half of 2007. I do think it's weird the show is holding on to him into January when he can easily go now, especially since I can't see them doing anything but sending him off to prison or a hospital. I guess this means they will at least redeem him in the end in some way. I can't see why else they would bother keeping him another month.

I think what hurts is it's another Horton leaving but that's been happening since the 90's and I hardly ever felt Nick was really a Horton except at Christmas and around Maggie, Abby, or Jeremy. They just never really defined him enough as a Horton on his own.

Days had such a talented young core and now Abby and Nick are gone. It's still talented but the show needed young Horton's and now it doesn't have that.
Here's a possibility about holding him til January..........The chances for an Emmy nomination (which, with Daytime, are probably slim to none), BUT he'd be able to submit this stuff. And maybe they've wised up and are finally looking to finish a storyline before booting someone off? There's got to be something coming down the pike. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a son-mother reunion before he goes.
Did I read somewhere, or was I getting shows mixed up, that he's going to commit suicide?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Actually I think I know why now. It probably has to do with the 13 week cycle thing. His contract's anniversary is early October. Shouldn't that put his 13 week cycle somewhere in January?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Nov 28 2008, 10:05 AM
Actually I think I know why now. It probably has to do with the 13 week cycle thing. His contract's anniversary is early October. Shouldn't that put his 13 week cycle somewhere in January?
That's probably more logical.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I'll miss Blake, but surprised they are getting rid of someone on their first contract cycle. It isn't as if he is making any sort of big bucks. They should at least get another year out of him before his contract is up lol

Kriss4

Blake is one of the best hires they've done since I came back to watching Days two and a half years ago. He has talent. Moreover, he was given a shot at playing an out of the ordinary, quirky type character...not your typical soap stud. Blake actually had something, but TPTB continuously failed to capitalize on it...and on the general fans' liking of both Blake and the Nick character.

I disagree strongly with the idea that they're letting Blake go while keeping Darrin, because to me, Blake is more talented and his character is more unique and appealing.

Please understand that I mean no disrespect to Darrin when I say this. He's a nice guy.

But with Blake's Nick, there's something there for me, whereas with Darrin's Max, there's something missing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply