Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre Hall's last air date; 1/23 -- DE-TIVO AS OF 1/24!
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 09:00 AM (3,732 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I honestly think they are going to be later this year anyways...I have a feeling this is a temporary thing..Who knows..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kevc1980
Nov 30 2008, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling this is a temporary thing..
I really don't think it is.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 30 2008, 07:07 PM
Kevc1980
I agree. It's not the same as it was back when Renee Jones, Drake Hogestyn and Joe Mascolo were all fired and then quickly brought back later. The show's in a much worse place now. I don't believe that Deidre and Drake will be back until the final episodes.

Ellie

Mason
Nov 30 2008, 07:10 PM
Ellie
Kevc1980
I agree. It's not the same as it was back when Renee Jones, Drake Hogestyn and Joe Mascolo were all fired and then quickly brought back later. The show's in a much worse place now. I don't believe that Deidre and Drake will be back until the final episodes.
I agree - and if they come back for the final episodes (which will undoubtedly be in 18 months), they'd be doing Corday a favor.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
Nov 30 2008, 07:14 PM
Mason
Ellie
Kevc1980
I agree - and if they come back for the final episodes (which will undoubtedly be in 18 months), they'd be doing Corday a favor.
I think if they return for the finale it will have nothing to do with Corday. It would merely just be for the fans sake.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Amello
Nov 30 2008, 07:16 PM
Ellie
I think if they return for the finale it will have nothing to do with Corday. It would merely just be for the fans sake.
That's a very good point. They might decide to do it just for their fans, though I'm sure Corday would be appreciative.

jules

Amello
Ellie
Mason
Ellie
Kevc1980
I'm not so sure Corday would let them come back. I believe I read that Drake was told he could look for other work (another words, we won't be calling) and I am assuming Deidre was told the same thing.
Edited by jules, Nov 30 2008, 07:24 PM.

daisysmommy

That was from the Drake's Fan Club president, right? He played along last time too-- and it was all a hoax...

Nothing has been said about Hall...and her contract was up in August.

It depends on the numbers. Corday'll be dialing and grovelling fast as hell if ratings go down. If not, I would agree, it's curtains for the DHs..but I HOPE the fans will revolt by switching off their sets...

I know at least one HH in their precious demo that will go dark on 1/23/09...

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

well with both John and Marlana gone i see no way of going back to watch Days even thought i i watched it off and on for 20 something years but now i never watch it again ever.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
I honestly think they are going to be later this year anyways...I have a feeling this is a temporary thing..Who knows..
I agree. I really am starting to think this was a scare tactic to get the heavy hitters to take cuts and to also get J&M offscreen for awhile because they have no idea what to do with them, not that I can blame them. I don't think in a million years Corday would do this unless he felt he had to. It's not in him.

I expect them back by summer. It will be their big summer headline and that will allow him to use them more because they would've been gone for half the year.

I think whoever made the point about not noticing them being gone is on to something. Their lack of airtime at times in the last ten years and the fact that they have been written so badly of late makes me ok with them being gone.

I do expect them back though and well before the final episodes, especially if by some chance ratings do tank or decrease (which I doubt).

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 12:26 AM
I do expect them back though and well before the final episodes, especially if by some chance ratings do tank or decrease (which I doubt).
It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where everyone has just accepted the fact that Days will be over in 18 months and we will be seeing the final episodes. It's not even debated anymore. Pretty sad.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 1 2008, 12:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where everyone has just accepted the fact that Days will be over in 18 months and we will be seeing the final episodes. It's not even debated anymore. Pretty sad.
Oh, I still think there is life beyond that. I mean, we all thought they wouldn't even get this renewal.

I just know that if not in 2010, it will happen shortly after. There is no way this show is lasting another ten years, as is the case with the rest of daytime.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 12:46 AM
Oh, I still think there is life beyond that. I mean, we all thought they wouldn't even get this renewal.

I just know that if not in 2010, it will happen shortly after. There is no way this show is lasting another ten years, as is the case with the rest of daytime.
It might live on in some way, but it certainly won't be "Days of Our Lives." It already isn't.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I guess it depends on the person.

As long as characters like Bo, Hope, Sami, etc are still around, it's Days.

The show has survived cast turnover before and still been Days. Hell, there were some in the 80's that lost Doug, Julie, etc and felt it wasn't Days when they saw Bo, Hope, Roman, etc running around. Eras come to an end and I think we are coming to the end of one for not just Days but for all soaps. I really think this is the first shot. Other soaps will follow suit soon.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

jules
Nov 30 2008, 07:22 PM
Amello
Ellie
Mason
Ellie
Kevc1980
I'm not so sure Corday would let them come back. I believe I read that Drake was told he could look for other work (another words, we won't be calling) and I am assuming Deidre was told the same thing.
ITA, and I doubt he would even want to have them back for the end of the show. Corday never bends over backwards to make anything worth fan's time. He could care less about making any viewer happy. It's not about viewers. The last show will be about Roman.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
I think its funny going by some of the posts in this thread that the end of Days is going to be caused by John and Marlena being gone, and not because of the shit writing they've been putting on air for years thats bored viewers to tears.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 1 2008, 02:32 AM
I think its funny going by some of the posts in this thread that the end of Days is going to be caused by John and Marlena being gone, and not because of the shit writing they've been putting on air for years thats bored viewers to tears.
I've said for years and years that soap operas are an ensemble effort, and no one actor or actress can make or break a show. A show will either succeed or fail based upon a whole plethora of things, ranging from the cast to the writing to the business/budget decisions.

I think that many people just see the firing of Dee and Drake as the straw that broke the camel's back. For some, there is no Days without them because it's apparent that many people watch the show ONLY for J&M, and that's fine. There's no law saying that anyone has to watch a show for every character. But I don't believe in any way that the loss of John and Marlena will be the sole cause for the failure of the show, because it's been failing for quite some time now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Drew
Dec 1 2008, 02:32 AM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
I agree.

It's going to be about more then one decision. If one wants to lump the past ten years worth of decisions together and then toss in whatever else is upcoming, then fine. I just think this one decision will not make or break Days. It will be a combination of many decisions (past, present, and future).

Alligato
Member Avatar

cjknick
Nov 30 2008, 12:29 PM
I'll still watch ... characters come back to Days, but if the show is cancelled then they can't come back can they?
Great point! I'll still be watching my ass off to see what happens. And really, it isn't like J&M have been on much anyways.
I'll miss my nuJohn, but I'd rather them disappear for a little while than to see Jarlena argue about John seeing a therapist for the 1,000th time!

With the wording, we'll see them back soon. I am not doing to be duped again. It's like a yearly thing for Corday and last year it was for nothing.

IIttu

Kyrai
Nov 26 2008, 09:13 AM
Wow... my birthday. Worst present ever.... I can't get over that for the rest of my life, I'll associate my birthday with the day J&M were forced from Days... I just can't believe it.
Sorry to hear that's your birthday. I was afraid it would've been mine when Corday told J&M would be gone in January, I was born 9th of January.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply