Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre Hall's last air date; 1/23 -- DE-TIVO AS OF 1/24!
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 09:00 AM (3,759 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 1 2008, 02:32 AM
Kenny
Dec 1 2008, 12:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 12:26 AM
I do expect them back though and well before the final episodes, especially if by some chance ratings do tank or decrease (which I doubt).
It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where everyone has just accepted the fact that Days will be over in 18 months and we will be seeing the final episodes. It's not even debated anymore. Pretty sad.
I think its funny going by some of the posts in this thread that the end of Days is going to be caused by John and Marlena being gone, and not because of the shit writing they've been putting on air for years thats bored viewers to tears.
I've seen this coming for a long long time. Pretty much since Tom Langan.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Dec 2 2008, 05:02 PM
Drew
Dec 1 2008, 02:32 AM
Kenny
Dec 1 2008, 12:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 1 2008, 12:26 AM
I do expect them back though and well before the final episodes, especially if by some chance ratings do tank or decrease (which I doubt).
It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where everyone has just accepted the fact that Days will be over in 18 months and we will be seeing the final episodes. It's not even debated anymore. Pretty sad.
I think its funny going by some of the posts in this thread that the end of Days is going to be caused by John and Marlena being gone, and not because of the shit writing they've been putting on air for years thats bored viewers to tears.
I think it is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 30 2008, 07:33 AM
I'm just wondering if they'll even get a facecake. Can Days afford that? Seriously. Do they still do that?
:funny: I usually don't feel like this when I read your posts, but, I gotta say :iloveyou:

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

well went i started in the 80s watching Days with my grandmother, went JR started to write the show i like some but when it got weird storyline going like Merlana Possion was the start of the end with me but some time i would come back.. and i don't feel like i missed anything for the past 3 week or 3 years.. LOL.

Pretty In Pink

SpriteEyes
Nov 30 2008, 06:27 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 30 2008, 06:23 PM
SpriteEyes
Nov 30 2008, 06:16 PM
Unless I'd read it here I doubt I would have even noticed she was gone.

I would have noticed Jawn was gone, but not Marlena.

If either one is asked back I think they'd be back so fast it'd make your head spin.
You know, you're right. I probably wouldn't, either, just because for the past three years I've been watching again, their stuff was garbage, replaced by other storylines that I found more interesting. That's too bad. I really loved Marlena back in the day and even watched Our House just for her. Hell, I even suffered through ElectraWoman and Dynagirl when I was a young teen cause I thought Marlena was so awesome. Who knows how I'd feel if I had really watched intently during the mid 80's through the 90's....nawwww. The conference room scene would have done me in, cause I loved Roman. :D
Marlena's rarely on, and when she is she's irritating. I just wouldn't miss her.

I would miss Jawn's snark.

There's just not much left for them to do that we haven't already seen. Don't need anymore third parties. Don't need John rescuing Marlena from anymore boxes and we certainly don't need either of them getting brainwashed or possessed by the devil, either.

It's time for them to just sail off into the wild blue yonder.
I won't miss Marlena at all, but I will miss Jawn. :-/

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Even if D&D stayed, DAYS would be cancelled. They don't make the show and they won't break it, either.

hops
Member Avatar

I won't miss Days, but I'll miss John and Marlena. They could have had a great story this year, character driven. And no, I won't miss John's snark, lol. It's okay once in awhile, but not as the main attraction. I wanted to watch him acquire a heart. Someone I know who is a general viewer, had no clue what was going on and I told her J&M were fired (she knows everyone by their character's names) and she couldn't believe it, she said their story was the only interesting one on right now, that it was better then Sami/EJ/Nicole (and she does like Sami).

hops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Dec 2 2008, 05:02 PM
I know what you mean Jiggs. Some of us have only stayed around for the characters, waiting and hoping something would happen and things would improve. I am realistic. I think you have to have good writing for the right characters. It's a delicate balance. I only speak for myself, but my reason for watching and hanging in there, one more time, will be gone in January.

Kyrai

IIttu
Dec 1 2008, 02:17 PM
Kyrai
Nov 26 2008, 09:13 AM
Wow... my birthday. Worst present ever.... I can't get over that for the rest of my life, I'll associate my birthday with the day J&M were forced from Days... I just can't believe it.
Sorry to hear that's your birthday. I was afraid it would've been mine when Corday told J&M would be gone in January, I was born 9th of January.
Thank you. I'm glad it wasn't yours. It really is a sickening feeling. I'm too old to celebrate birthdays anymore anyway, but every time I read a post that lists the 23rd as their last day, it's like a dagger through the heart.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kyrai
Dec 2 2008, 10:51 PM
IIttu
Dec 1 2008, 02:17 PM
Kyrai
Nov 26 2008, 09:13 AM
Wow... my birthday. Worst present ever.... I can't get over that for the rest of my life, I'll associate my birthday with the day J&M were forced from Days... I just can't believe it.
Sorry to hear that's your birthday. I was afraid it would've been mine when Corday told J&M would be gone in January, I was born 9th of January.
Thank you. I'm glad it wasn't yours. It really is a sickening feeling. I'm too old to celebrate birthdays anymore anyway, but every time I read a post that lists the 23rd as their last day, it's like a dagger through the heart.
No one's ever too old to enjoy a few shots of tequila and some cake LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply