Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre Hall's last air date; 1/23 -- DE-TIVO AS OF 1/24!
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 09:00 AM (4,929 Views)
Ellie

Sigh. She started at episode 2,667 (thanks Jason!) and will end at 11,002.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 28 2008, 01:41 AM
I would use this as an excuse to do a major flashback/reunion episode for 11,000 and then spend 11,001 and 11,002 focusing on their goodbyes and sendoff. That would be ideal IMO.
Sounds like a good idea under the circumstances. Which is a good indicator that they probably won't do it, lol.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 28 2008, 02:04 AM
I think the sendoff will be fine.

It's everything before it that concerns me, especially with what we have been getting lately.
I hope you're right, but I can't think of a reason that it will be. Both the current writing for J&M and the fact that Drake and Deidre were fired tell me that the show considers J&M basically irrelevant at this point. The only reason I think the show might try to give them a suitable finale is to get a ratings bump, but the show's current ratings strategy seems to involve Melanie. If those are the type of stories that Tomlin and Higley value, then I really don't have any expectation that J&M's final episodes will be done well.

As for their story now - I think it's terrible, but I think that also proves my point. Will these same writers all of a sudden be able to shift from "Ava part II" to a few once-in-a-lifetime John and Marlena episodes? I don't have high hopes for that.

Ellie

hops
Nov 30 2008, 01:44 AM
jules
Nov 29 2008, 09:07 AM
I have such low expectations for their finale, but I'm sure Corday and co will even go lower lol. I just remember the Bope vow renewal last summer and how almost the whole week was devoted to that...I don't expect to get anything even close to that.
A whole week devoted to J&M, a couple that have been so much a part of this show for the past 23 years and Deidre even longer? Only in my dreams.
They have a fine line to walk, in that if they get the viewers too interested in J&M, then it will be too much of a letdown after J&M leave. Plus, I think Corday thinks his comment about the fact that J&M could come back at any time relieves him of his obligation to give them a proper sendoff.

Ellie

Kevc1980
Nov 30 2008, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling this is a temporary thing..
I really don't think it is.

Ellie

Mason
Nov 30 2008, 07:10 PM
Ellie
Nov 30 2008, 07:07 PM
Kevc1980
Nov 30 2008, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling this is a temporary thing..
I really don't think it is.
I agree. It's not the same as it was back when Renee Jones, Drake Hogestyn and Joe Mascolo were all fired and then quickly brought back later. The show's in a much worse place now. I don't believe that Deidre and Drake will be back until the final episodes.
I agree - and if they come back for the final episodes (which will undoubtedly be in 18 months), they'd be doing Corday a favor.

Ellie

Amello
Nov 30 2008, 07:16 PM
Ellie
Nov 30 2008, 07:14 PM
I agree - and if they come back for the final episodes (which will undoubtedly be in 18 months), they'd be doing Corday a favor.
I think if they return for the finale it will have nothing to do with Corday. It would merely just be for the fans sake.
That's a very good point. They might decide to do it just for their fans, though I'm sure Corday would be appreciative.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply